Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Let's See List - Do you have one?

Tripping on the Podium
    Michelle: going for a 3x3 in every program
    sasha: just decent triples at the world champs, and in the LP as well
    Shizuka: just keep the others working, keep putting the pressure on...
    carolina: the blinder she's been keeping us waiting for.
    Mikki: a better spiral sequence
    sebeysten: to keep on improving

Shen&Zhao:more, more of the same please
    Plushy:more of that mad blinding footwork
    Baboo: just keep things cool, don't try too hard in the presentation department, you're already fine
    Lambiel: consistency. All the way through the three rounds.
    Weir: a quad
    Weiss: a clean LP
    Lindemann: more quad/triples of that quality
    Dambier: a medal in a major comp.

Medalist

Just us

My wish list is just for our own US Nationals: Thinking outloud-----

Sasha light the fire/keep it going. Carmen was advised against & you kept it
    anyway and skated defiantly---get THAT back again in your programs.
    Forget the pretty stuff and fluff. Go for "defiant woman"

MIchelle--keep the emotional content coming on strong., but don't get weird on
    us with the music. It's OK to have something "different" than everyone else
    but it's also OK, too, to use something that we don't have to think about, we
    can just let it wash over us along with the performance...once in a while.

Michael Weiss--get new choreography, loosen up, get a back rub before each
    performance.....or else load up the content on your exhibition programs to
    turn them into into competitive programs. Forget all that trumped up stuff
    and let it rip. Also, you don't have to hit us over the head with your "theme"
    outfits. We'd "get it" even if they were a little more subtle on the "theme"

Ryan Jahnke--stay the course., but don't get too edgy with the outfits just yet.

Tim--go pro. Spare yourself ortho surgery or whatever is eventually at hand.

Johnny Weir--Do what you do. Don't ever try to learn more than ONE quad (just
    to stay competitive), unless it's coming so easily that it won't rob you of the
    time you need to put into "real" skating, not to mention rob you of your future.
    See above.

Jenny--Gee I loved what you did this yr. Don't allow a coaching change to undo
    progress. You are lyrical, even when you skate "fun" programs. Don't get
    weighted down by someone else's idea of how you should skate. Are you
    now going to go down the path Michelle did and skate "safe".zzzzzzzzzz?

Angela--decide to skate or retire. You need to cross-train for endurance like I
    know you did at least once before Elena died. If you need more than the
    average for the same results, then do it or quit. We're all in pain here.

Ann Patrice--you could be Angela. My wish for you is to cross-train for
    endurance and attack your programs. But I love your mom's outfits. Maybe
    you two should go into business with skatewear?

Baldwin and Inoue---you are the strongest US pair in a long time, so could
    you go for a little cleaner at our own Nationals? Could you take that triple toe
    out of the corner and put it somewhere else? I think it's jinxed there. I'm
    excited to see what you come up with next.

Orscher and Lucash--go to ballet, esp. him. Try to skate closer together. Get
    a new music cutter. Gag. You have good potential and I even liked your
    last Katchetorian (sp?) long---but can't imagine having taken such rich music
    and making the most repetitive and boring cut of it! You need someone
    to help you on that music cutting stuff....or someone NEW to do it.

Overall I wish almost all the other pairs would dissolve and go away and Santa would bring us a big bag o' new pairs. I'm not trying to be mean. There are some really nice kids and really nice skaters among the rest. I just can't keep up with the partner changes and quitters and comer-backers and injuries and hype and no results and, sigh, so since this is MY wish list, I wish for a whole new stable of pairs below the two I already "wished" about. At least then I'd be hopeful until THEY started to poop out, too.

Last but not least, since this is MY wish list, I wish Natalie Portman would suddenly turn up as a national level figure skater. If not that, then God, please let her marry my son.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berthes ghost
    Well, if Dortmund was any indication, Moscow should be a medal mania event for Rusisa. In 99, when worlds was just accross the bay in Finland, Russia swept the gold medals.
    Well, I would say that competition being in Finland in 1999 had nothing to do with the Russian sweep! All wins were really deserved ones (although I personally did not agree with pairs and ice dance results). I do agree though that many times the venue has a lot of importance, as seen also e.g. in competitions held in USA or Canada and now in Germany.
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-30-2004 at 04:46 AM.

All around awesome skating and fair judging.

Oh, you want me to be specific? Okay...

Michael: Fire your wife. Her choreography is shallow and dull. Yeah, she'll probably make you sleep in the guest bedroom for a while, but after you medal at Worlds, buy her some jewelry and she'll get over it.

Plushy: Stop trying so hard to be an "artiste"--stop with the phony facial expressions and "precious" attitude. You don't need it.

Johnnie: Let's all say it together: "JOHNNIE. QUADDIE. JOHNNIE. QUADDIE."

Chait & Sakhnovsky: Return to the top form that had you in the Top 5 at Worlds.

Inoue & Baldwin: We love your skating. Now stay on your feet for five minutes so you don't look as stupid as the rest of U.S. pairs (especially Scott & Dulebohn). :sheesh:

Angela: I agree with whoever said "endurance training" or quit. If you miss a jump, toughies. Get over it.

Yukina: You're skating is gorgeous. Now learn how to jump like the big girls.

Carolina: You're either going to have an artistic breakthrough NOW or it's probably never going to happen. Something has to change, like what happened to Michelle the year she went from jumping bean to World Champion. It's a mindset, and hopefully you have that capability. :D

Victoria Pavuk: Wow! What potential! See "Carolina" above. :D

Just a few from me.

Sasha--forget about the quad. You need to concentrate on skating clean programs, and I don't think that trying to put a quad in is going to help you any. Forget the 3/3 for this year too practice, but don't put it in your programs yet. use this year to clean up your programs and bring on the 3/3 for the Olympic year.

Michelle--more choreography. You are awesome...let all the doubters know it.

AP--more programs like Madame Butterfly. It was awesome, and I know you can do it again. I can't wait to see you on the podium!

Johnny--show me what all the hype is about...get some connection with the audience, and I just might see it.

Tim and Takeshi--keep doing what you are doing. You both are improving every year. You were missed at Worlds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pipsqueak
    Last but not least, since this is MY wish list, I wish Natalie Portman would suddenly turn up as a national level figure skater. If not that, then God, please let her marry my son.
    Did you see her on all the talk shows earlier this week, advertising her new movie? Wow! What a pretty girl.

About Ann Patrice, on another thread Jazmeen reported that she injured (broke?) a bone in her foot. She may be out for the season.

Mathman

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Did you see her on all the talk shows earlier this week, advertising her new movie? Wow! What a pretty girl.

About Ann Patrice, on another thread Jazmeen reported that she injured (broke?) a bone in her foot. She may be out for the season.

Mathman
    NOOOOOO!!!!!

Everyone has made such wonderful lists I don't know what I can add....
    I especially agree with:
    Sasha--consistency
    Michelle--a 3-3 combo
    Michael--fire your wife--PUHLEEZE!
    Shen/Zhao--more of the same
    Johnny Weir--another personal best

I'll just add one personal thing.....
    Let me see me in on-ice seats again at SOI Philly!

Custom Title
    Just picked a few:

Sasha - consistency and two triple combos

Irina - I would hope to see her returning to music that suits her own personality

Miki - she has the technical side, now for presentation more

Shizuka - let´s see another great season for her, but if she does not manage it, she should not see it as a tragedy

Michael - consistent quad and triple axel combo

Evgeny - I hope the knee will cause no probelms. IMO it is a big mistake for him not to have the operation now. If done next season, it will cause him to lose the Olympic gold again.

Brian - some feeling toward the music and choreography

Stephane - now you had more time, do show consistency, please

Evan - let´s see you competing in Worlds next season

Susanna - let´s see you in Worlds and being among top ten!!!

Marjaana

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    Just picked a few:

Susanna - let´s see you in Worlds and being among top ten!!!

Marjaana
    ITA! She has come SO close, as have Elina Kettunen and Alisa Drei. I would love to see ANY of these 3 ladies in the World top 10, or on the Euros podium.

Go NJ Devils
    Mine is for Poykio to skate well enough to have been in the top five, and maybe she'll get the marks to place in the top ten.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    How sad, but true!

I've seen Sussana Poykio and Alicia Drei. I would love to see Kettunen sometime.

Alicia is an Irina type as is Julia Sebastyen. Very competitive but not loveable. for me.

Sussana is in Skate America and skate Canada. There ae no other Finnish skaters in the GPs that I see unless I overllooked them. she could be a spoiler at least for a podium position,.

Joe

Custom Title
    Here's mine! (Wow I haven't posted for a while!)

Ladies
    Michelle: A triple/triple combo and another heartfelt program of course! I love Michelle, but I didn't really like Tosca.

Sasha: A quad would be spectacular! I can just hear the crowd! And of course her spectacular programs!

Jenny Kirk: Even more fun programs! I love to see her smile and have fun when she skates!

AP McDonough, Yebin Mok, and Irina Slutskaya: An awesome comeback from last year's injuries!

Fumie Suguri: I didn't seem to see that much of her last season, hopefully more appearances! And I hope people won't count her out like it seemed they did last year, I hope she does more really stellar performances!

Miki Ando: The quad in Senior Competiton, did she do it last year in a senior competition?

Yukina Ota: More appearnces

Aki Sawada and the other Japanese skaters: a triple axel would be so cool!

Men

Tim Goebel: A healthy recovery from last year's injuries!

Brian Joubert: More appearnces!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berthes ghost
    Well, if Dortmund was any indication, Moscow should be a medal mania event for Rusisa. In 99, when worlds was just accross the bay in Finland, Russia swept the gold medals.
    Sure, location can be a factor and this happens for all countries. But at any rate, if you see, a "medal mania" for Russia usually happens every year LOL They usually have contenders for gold in all the disciplines and are the team that wins more medals no matter where the event is. Even in DC in 2003 they were the team with more medals, 5 total. Silver in ladies, gold in men, silver in dance, both silver and bronze for pairs... In Nagano in 2002 they won gold in men, ladies, dance and 1 silver for pairs... In Vancouver again gold for men, 3 silvers and 1 bronze...

I don't think they have many chances for a podium finish at ladies, but I'd say that for next season, Russia is still favorite to win gold in both men and dance and their pairs have the skills to finish in the podium and even win gold too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2