A Let's See List - Do you have one? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

A Let's See List - Do you have one?

pipsqueak said:
Last but not least, since this is MY wish list, I wish Natalie Portman would suddenly turn up as a national level figure skater. If not that, then God, please let her marry my son.
:laugh: :laugh: Did you see her on all the talk shows earlier this week, advertising her new movie? Wow! What a pretty girl.

About Ann Patrice, on another thread Jazmeen reported that she injured (broke?) a bone in her foot. She may be out for the season. :cry:

Mathman

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Mathman said:
:laugh: :laugh: Did you see her on all the talk shows earlier this week, advertising her new movie? Wow! What a pretty girl.

About Ann Patrice, on another thread Jazmeen reported that she injured (broke?) a bone in her foot. She may be out for the season. :cry:

Mathman
NOOOOOO!!!!!

Everyone has made such wonderful lists I don't know what I can add....
I especially agree with:
Sasha--consistency
Michelle--a 3-3 combo
Michael--fire your wife--PUHLEEZE!
Shen/Zhao--more of the same
Johnny Weir--another personal best

I'll just add one personal thing.....
Let me see me in on-ice seats again at SOI Philly! ;)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Just picked a few:

Sasha - consistency and two triple combos

Irina - I would hope to see her returning to music that suits her own personality

Miki - she has the technical side, now for presentation more

Shizuka - let´s see another great season for her, but if she does not manage it, she should not see it as a tragedy

Michael - consistent quad and triple axel combo

Evgeny - I hope the knee will cause no probelms. IMO it is a big mistake for him not to have the operation now. If done next season, it will cause him to lose the Olympic gold again.

Brian - some feeling toward the music and choreography

Stephane - now you had more time, do show consistency, please

Evan - let´s see you competing in Worlds next season

Susanna - let´s see you in Worlds and being among top ten!!!

Marjaana

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Jaana said:
Just picked a few:

Susanna - let´s see you in Worlds and being among top ten!!!

Marjaana

ITA! She has come SO close, as have Elina Kettunen and Alisa Drei. I would love to see ANY of these 3 ladies in the World top 10, or on the Euros podium.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Mine is for Poykio to skate well enough to have been in the top five, and maybe she'll get the marks to place in the top ten.

I've seen Sussana Poykio and Alicia Drei. I would love to see Kettunen sometime.

Alicia is an Irina type as is Julia Sebastyen. Very competitive but not loveable. for me.

Sussana is in Skate America and skate Canada. There ae no other Finnish skaters in the GPs that I see unless I overllooked them. she could be a spoiler at least for a podium position,.

Joe

lil_icesk8er915

On the Ice
Here's mine! (Wow I haven't posted for a while!)

Ladies
Michelle: A triple/triple combo and another heartfelt program of course! I love Michelle, but I didn't really like Tosca.

Sasha: A quad would be spectacular! I can just hear the crowd! And of course her spectacular programs!

Jenny Kirk: Even more fun programs! I love to see her smile and have fun when she skates!

AP McDonough, Yebin Mok, and Irina Slutskaya: An awesome comeback from last year's injuries!

Fumie Suguri: I didn't seem to see that much of her last season, hopefully more appearances! And I hope people won't count her out like it seemed they did last year, I hope she does more really stellar performances!

Miki Ando: The quad in Senior Competiton, did she do it last year in a senior competition?

Yukina Ota: More appearnces

Aki Sawada and the other Japanese skaters: a triple axel would be so cool!

Men

Tim Goebel: A healthy recovery from last year's injuries!

Brian Joubert: More appearnces!

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:
Well, if Dortmund was any indication, Moscow should be a medal mania event for Rusisa. In 99, when worlds was just accross the bay in Finland, Russia swept the gold medals.
Sure, location can be a factor and this happens for all countries. But at any rate, if you see, a "medal mania" for Russia usually happens every year LOL They usually have contenders for gold in all the disciplines and are the team that wins more medals no matter where the event is. Even in DC in 2003 they were the team with more medals, 5 total. Silver in ladies, gold in men, silver in dance, both silver and bronze for pairs... In Nagano in 2002 they won gold in men, ladies, dance and 1 silver for pairs... In Vancouver again gold for men, 3 silvers and 1 bronze...

I don't think they have many chances for a podium finish at ladies, but I'd say that for next season, Russia is still favorite to win gold in both men and dance and their pairs have the skills to finish in the podium and even win gold too.