The Real Meaning of Car Names... | Golden Skate

The Real Meaning of Car Names...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
AUDI- Always Unsafe Designs Implemented.
BMW-Big Money Works.
* Brutal Money Waster.
* Bimbette Motor Weapon.
* Break My Window.
BUICK-Big Ugly Indestructible Car Killer.
CHEVROLET- Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips.
* Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.
* Cheap Heap, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time.
*Condition Hopeless, Entire Vehicle Relies On Leftover Engine Technology.
DODGE-Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere.
*Dem Old Dudes Go Everywhere.
*Dead or Dying Gas Eater.
*Dear Old Dad's Geriatric Express.
FIAT- Failure in Italian Automotive Technology.
*Fix It All the Time.
*Fix it again, Tony!
FORD - First On Recall Day.
*Fixed Or Repaired Daily.
*First On Rust and Deterioration.
*Fix Or Repair Daily.
*Found On Road, Dead.
*Fast Only Rolling Downhill.
*Features O.J. and Ron's DNA.
*Found On Russian Dump.
GM- General Maintenance.
* Great Mistake.
* GMC- Garage Man's Companion.
* Got A Mechanic Coming?.
HONDA - Had One Never Did Again.
HYUNDAI-Hope You Understand Nothing's Driveable And Inexpensive...
MAZDA- Most Always Zipping Dangerously Along.
OLDSMOBILE-Old Ladies Driving Slowly Make Others Behind *Infuriatingly Late Everywhere.
Overpriced, Leisurely Driven Sedan Made Of Buick's Irregular Leftover Equipment.
PINTO - Put in new transmission often.
PONTIAC - Poor old Neanderthal thinks its a Cadillac.
SAAB-Send Another Automobile Back.
*Swedish Automobiles Always Breakdown.
*Sorry Arsed Auto Builders.
TOYOTA-Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto.
VOLVO- Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object.
*Vehicles Of Low Velocity Owners.
VW-Virtually Worthless.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Toni:

Those are good. We always said for FORD:

"Found on road dead." I had a Ford Maverick and believe it was true!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Those are great! My favorite is the "FOUND ON ROAD DEAD"--so true!

When I turned in my Ford Windstar for my Toyota Highlander, I told Mr. RG, "I will NEVER buy an American car again." Normally he hates my "blanket assertions," but after 4 recalls and TWO transmission changes, more problems than you can imagine, he didn't have much to say except, "I'm with you."

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Totally agree with the transmission problems and Fords. My Taurus, finally paid for of course, needed a new transmission two years ago with only 60 thousands miles on it.........it lasted two weeks. Thank goodness we had a warranty on it...........Great list Toni.............42

Pookie

Final Flight
:cry: Please don't pick on Fords. I had an Aerostar that went 130,000 miles before I traded it and I never had to do more than buy new tires and change the muffler. :D

Now I have an Explorer :love: and I am hoping and praying for the same great experience. :laugh:

Last edited:

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Well, I should just turn over 100,000 miles on my "Bimbette Motor Weapon" today, and its been a dream, so I think I was smart to buy it!!! :love:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I bought my first Honda Accord in 1990 and drove it for eight years, with only normal maintenance. I bought a new Honda Accord in 1998 and gave the old one to my brother, who drove it for four more years while he went to college. I recently traded in my 1998 Accord for the 2004 model. Over 14 years, I have never needed road service or a tow, and my car gets 25-28 mpg.

megsk8z

On the Ice
My 1968 GTO (um, my Dad says that's for "Get Turned On") runs better than any newer car I've ever had. Especially, ahem, that Taurus, unless you want to count the Corvette that caught on fire. Anyone have a good name for just that car in particular? All the names I had for the Corvette aren't suitable in this forum.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Pookie, not to get you nervous, but I owned an "Exploder"....er, I mean "Explorer for 2 and one half years before the electrical system went out. It kept stalling in heavy traffic. One day, a nice man pushed my car to the side of the road for me while I called hubby to come and get me. We traded it in that day. It was still under its three-year warranty..........but, I have known others who have had Explorers and have had no problems............42

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it wasn't for Fords our tools would rust." My brothers and uncles are all vehemently anti-Ford and I've had to hear that little ditty all of my life! They are self-proclaimed, hardcore Chevy men. I'm pretty neutral, though. I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse now and I absolutely love it! It is such a fun little car and it will fly. Also, Pookie, my friend has had 2 Explorers and has always had the best luck. The one she has now has like 170,000 miles on it and she has had very few problems with it.

LOL, my first car was a "Bimbette Motor Weapon", so I feel you Yazmeen. It was over ten years old when I got it, but boy did that thing run and run...it had over 200,000 miles on it when I got rid of it.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I'm a saturn gal!!! I've had 2 so far, and they get great gas mileage... they are definately pieces of shit... but very affordable. I love em.

Pookie

Final Flight
My brothers and uncles are all vehemently anti-Ford and I've had to hear that little ditty all of my life!

My dad, my brother, and my brother-in-law were always Dodge guys. None of them would ever have a Ford (except the last two trucks my dad bought were Rangers.)

I have great faith in my Explorer. :laugh: Ever car I've ever had was a Ford and I've never had any difficulty with any of them. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :D

Last edited: