Shibs: "We love our material this year" | Golden Skate

Shibs: "We love our material this year"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://bit.ly/2gr5aG5

“We love our material this year, and so we’re able to step out on the ice very confident,” said Alex Shibutani. “We were confident going into today’s free dance and were happy with our performance,”

“Last season was a huge breakthrough and step forward for us, we felt like we really grew,” said his sister when asked about their program choice. “After the World Championships, when we were looking to create both our new programs, we wanted to take what we feel is our strength. Our free dance is about how we are moving forward as a team and that’s why we call it ‘Evolution.'”
What's your thought on their programs for this season? Which program was your favorite at COC of all the ice dance teams?

We love our material this year

As well they should!

What's your thought on their programs for this season? Which program was your favorite at COC of all the ice dance teams?

Mesmerizing. Shibs long was definitely my fave.

Plisskin

Medalist
I really like their SD this season and while I'm not a huge fan of the FD, I don't think they reverted to the Shibs of old with it like I've seen some say. I definitely see growth. I think I would like their FD more if they had more of a connection with each other on the ice since it is an abstract piece(and they do have it in them to connect more. I've seen it in their Coldplay O EX), and they didn't do the same type of lifts that they've been doing for a while now. But overall, so happy to see them continuing to grow as artists.

Last edited:

senatormls

On the Ice
I really like their free dance this season, everything from their colors, costumes and expressions. They have really found their style and have matured gracefully. As for the short dance, I haven't really seen theirs. I'm not a big fan of the themes in this year's SD's overalt. The only SD that I really like is Gilles and Poirier's. The rest are really crammed.

shyne

Final Flight
I love their programs, but I‘m very concerned about the levels they received on their programs this season. I hope they are doing something to change that.