View Poll Results: Olympic Gold 2006 Men - who'll make it?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evgeny Plushenko

29 48.33%
  • Brian Joubert

14 23.33%
  • Stephane Lambiel

4 6.67%
  • Johnny Weir

7 11.67%
  • Timothy Goebel

2 3.33%
  • Takeshi Honda

0 0%
  • Emanuel Sandhu

1 1.67%
  • Jeffrey Buttle

0 0%
  • Andrei Griazev

2 3.33%
  • Other, NAME!!!

1 1.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Olympic Gold 2006 Men - who'll make it?

Custom Title
    Joubert skated very well at Euros, Worlds and Marshall's. But that's it. The GP was a disaster. In DC he was average, he had one very bad program that took him out of contention for the podium, I don't remember if it was the SP or the QR. He skated well at 2003 Euros and in 2002 Skate America, that he won, but the rest wasn't particularly stellar. So I don't think he's been exactly a consistency role model, but besides Yagudin and Plushenko - the exception - with his age and experience, who is anyway?

I don't think there's any doubt that he's very competitive and determined, but we'll see how he does this season and then we can talk better about his nerves.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    He bombed the QR. He skated really early, and I dragged my sister to see him because I was sure he was going to get the silver medal, and then....SPLAT. Free skate was pretty good until the end, when he tipped over. Oh, well.

Laura

On the Ice
    I think that not only Joubert will be pretend to victory ( i not say about Plushenko, i love him, but he very tired and nervous and anything can happen at the 2006 ). I think that Jonny and Stefan more talented by nature than Brian. I chose Plushy or Johnny ( my new love).

Moving Forward
    As much as I like Brian, I have to laugh just a bit when I read people say that he has "nerves of steel" or other comments about how cool he is. He did finish the season rather well in this area (Euros and Worlds; I think this is one of the first things Yagudin taught him), but at the beginning of the season, this was not the case.

I remember my friend and I watching him pace up and down in front of the K&C area just before the SP at Trophee Lalique and both of us very concerned that he might just pass out because he was so pale and nervous. We were getting ready to flip a coin to see who got to administer mouth-to-mouth!

One of the things that makes me believe he does have a chance in 2006 is that he has been so successful in such a short time at bringing this problem under some control.

Nan

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanice

I've voted for Joubert, because in opposite to Princess Leppard I think he became even stronger, and much cooler!!!, last season
    Anke
    I say Brian Joubert. He dethroned Plushenko at the European Championships. Besides, Brian's young, and his Matrix, program is, in my opinion one of the coolest ever!! Plushenko has been skating to the Nijinsky number for so long it's getting really boring.

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    As for Brian - I'd say the last impressions are the most remarkable one's, and as a matter of fact he was pretty cool when it counted most, at Euros and Worlds. Who cares how he acted at Trophy Lalique, before that? Of course we've to wait if his coolness gonna be trend in the future. It's still a long race until Olympics.

Apart from that - Evgeny is not exactly a perfect role model for absolute coolness all the time either, remember?!

Anke

Moving Forward
    Anke,

I don't think you and I are in disagreement. My only reason for mentioning Trophee Lalique was to point out how far Brian had come in controlling his nerves.

Nan

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NansXOXOX
    Anke,

I don't think you and I are in disagreement. My only reason for mentioning Trophee Lalique was to point out how far Brian had come in controlling his nerves.

Nan
    Of course we aren't!
    Btw. ... thanx for a very certain pic/link you've posted at FSU!!!

Anke

Moving Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanice
    Btw. ... thanx for a very certain pic/link you've posted at FSU!!!

Anke
    You are very welcome. I'm always happy to spread a little joy and beauty around.

Nan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3