Thread: Amazing Race

Hybrid View

Amazing Race

Is anyone else watching? I'm finding that the teams seem a lot more competitive. Each of them has a real chance to get to the end.

Ugh - 2.2 pounds of caviar. I like a little bit, but not straight. It's gotta be on a blini or cracker. Based upon the clips, it seemed like the teams who told themselves to just get it down were able to do it faster. Christie and Nicole kept on dwelling on how gelatinous and nasty it was - definitely setting up a mental roadblock. But, seriously, that's a lot of food to eat in one sitting. My stomach hurt once after eating a high quality 1/2 pound burger once - I had to sit up with a sofa cushion in my lap because it was too uncomfortable to lie down. So, eating 2.2 pounds of anything is amazing.

I'm really not liking Brandon, the Christian model. He wouldn't do a vodka shot because he wanted to set a good example. So, instead, he goes back on his word. Last week, he broke his early alliance with Charla & Mirna. This week, he backed out of staying with Colin/Christie, Chip/Kim & pizza guys. As Kim said, you can't blame them for playing the game. I just have issues with it because he continuously talks about his faith and then turns 2 faced.

Overall, I think my current favorites are the bowling Moms. They are being competitive, but they aren't getting all uptight about stuff. Just having fun while trying their best.

TAR is awesome!!!

My favorite team is Charla/Mirna (although Mirna is starting to grate a bit), and I am rooting for Chip/Kim and the moms. I absolutely adored Bob/Joyce and was crushed that they were eliminted. Totally a class act.

I hate Brandon/Nicole (aka The Children of God) and I think Colin races well but is a jerk. Colin is totally running the show on that team - Christie doesn't have enough of a personality for me to form an opinion of her.

The twins are alternately amusing and annoying, and the pizza brothers are jerks, but I'd rather they stay in the race than either of the "pretty" couples.

It's so hard to wait a whole 7 days between episodes!!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I would take 2.2 pounds of caviar over those nasty writhing baby octopus they had to gag down last season in Korea!!

I really liked this last episode; it was kind of like 2 different races, with the first 5 arriving when they did, then the last 3. I thought it was so sweet when Bob asked Joyce on the way to the palace (which was GORGEOUS) if she'd ever been on a sleigh ride. She's a sweetie, but I found him a bit of a grump most of the time.

ITA, heyang, about Brandon & Nicole and their "selective Christianity". This is not the first time they've kind of screwed someone over; perhaps it would be better if they were to just stay away from everyone else and do their own thing.

At this point, I'm rooting for either Chip & Kim or Linda & Karen. I DESPISE those brothers and the only reason I want them to stick around is because of the potential of some nasty things happening to them before they get eliminated. :D They are creating enough bad karma for that to happen, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    I would take 2.2 pounds of caviar over those nasty writhing baby octopus they had to gag down last season in Korea!!
    TOTALLY!!!

I can't get over when one of the pizza guys said 'Damn foreigners' when they were in Uraguay. They were the foreigners - not the taxi drivers. I would've loved if someone had yelled 'Arrogant American' back at him.

At least Colin & Brandon were trying to coax Christie and Nicole into eating more caviar; so, their relationships seem pretty strong. The only couple that didn't seem to be in a good relationship was Alison & Donny. Glad she's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang
    At least Colin & Brandon were trying to coax Christie and Nicole into eating more caviar; so, their relationships seem pretty strong. The only couple that didn't seem to be in a good relationship was Alison & Donny. Glad she's gone.
    Brandon was quite supportive of Nicole, but Colin was being really rude to Christie, I thought. Once she completely melted down, and the other teams began passing them, Colin became more supportinve, but at first, all he did was badger her to take smaller bites (I don't blame her one bit for trying to take fewer, larger bites - that seemed to be the key), and get frustrated with her. We heard him say several times that he wished he'd done the challenge - when he was the one who said he'd never be able to get it down so she should do it!

I'm definitely with you about Alison & Donny. The BB/TAR crossover idea was lame, and I'm glad they're out early.