Amazing Race | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Amazing Race

guinevere

Final Flight
That is the one reason that I am convinced Charla and Mirna won't win this race. The end is ALWAYS a footrace. They would have to have an enormous lead over the 2nd and 3rd teams in order to win. I'm still crossing my fingers that they make it to the last episode, because I'd love to see them in the finish, but I just don't see them winning, no matter what they do.

At this point, I'd be happy to have the Mensa Twins win if it meant Colin losing :D Actually, I just realized that there are 3 all-female teams left in the race, which is unusual. I would love to see 2 all-female teams make it to the final 3 (although I would be shocked if Colin & his little dog and Chip/Kim weren't 2 of the teams). Hopefully at least one of the girl power teams can make it to the final!

guinevere

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I have this feeling that Colin/Little Dog :D are going to end up doing something really really STUPID and blowing it before the Final 3. I can just see them getting into a tight race for 2nd-to-last place and wasting time bickering at each other. I truly hope, if they are using this game as a test of whether or not they should get married, that once they see themselves on TV they will call it off. Still, they're not as bad (yet) as that couple on last season who finished 2nd -- the redheaded woman reminded me of the Nastiest Girl In The 5th-Grade Schoolyard, and her boyfriend (husband??) reminded me of Elementary School Bully Wannabe -- they really were a perfect match.

guinevere

Final Flight
Oh, how I hated them (and yes they got married after TAR). Colin & Little Dog (LD) are much better than they were!

heyang

Record Breaker
Ahh, yes - Kelly from last season. I can't remember the guy's name. They did have their moments, but I thought they worked as a couple. They both knew she was high maintenance and were prepared to deal with it.

I still shake my head over Flo & Zach. He essentially carried her through the last couple of legs and he deserved the prize for worst partner ever. I know Ali & Kelly were bad, but at least they only whined too much - they did do some of the challenges without backing out. Flo did very little during the last legs and they had to switch challenges a couple of times because she couldn't finish.

Oh, well. This year has gotten a bit nastier between the teams, but I think it's because each team is really has competitive natures.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
COLIN AND CHRISTIE ARE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

OK, now that I have THAT out of my system..... :D :D :D

I just about DIED laughing when Christie honestly thought that putting her arm up in the doorway was going to keep Charla out of the airport, given the fact that her arm was about a foot and a half above Charla's head; then Charla just runs in under it like she wasn't even there. Absolutely hysterical. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was really hoping this was going to be a non-elimination round; Mirna's a pain, but I'm going to miss Charla.

I guess now that the brothers are gone, Colin has taken it on himself to be the new International Incident In Waiting for this edition.... :sheesh: :sheesh: He and Little Dog are just beyond obnoxious.

Personally, if I had to eat the equivalant of two dozen chicken eggs and then had to turn around and take a zipline 250 feet above a canyon, that ostrich egg would have ended up IN the canyon.....

I'm glad to see Linda & Karen moving up, and I love how Chip & Kim are playing this; they're having fun, they're enjoying the experience, and they can actually get through challenges without throwing tableware at each other or bickering for 25 minutes solid.

re. Brandon and "I don't know if it's in God's plan for us to win this or not". Ummmm... I am REASONABLY certain that God has better things to worry about then whether or not you two win a dang reality show!!

This is from the "What to Watch" section of "Entertainment Weekly" :
Tuesday, August 17, 10-11pm, The Amazing Race, CBS
"Mirna, sweetie, that thing on Phil's finger is called a wedding ring. No matter how many times you flip your hair, it ain't happenin'." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

heyang

Record Breaker
I too will miss Charla. I'm glad I won't have to hear Mirna shout 'Run, Charla, run' again or 'Go, Ha-bi-bi' I also enjoyed how Charla was resigned to do yet another eating contest (chocolate, caviar & Ostrich egg). With the exception of the capture the flag from the cow, did Mirna do any of the roadblocks????

I couldn't believe Chip & Kim sat and enjoyed hospitality. Just seems odd since they are in a race and every minute may or may not count. Regardless, I'm rooting for them at this point.

The only other team I like is the Bowling Moms, but I think the brunette mom needs to do more. Blonde mom does most of the roadblocks - i only remember brunette mom doing this last one.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
heyang said:
I couldn't believe Chip & Kim sat and enjoyed hospitality. Just seems odd since they are in a race and every minute may or may not count. Regardless, I'm rooting for them at this point.

I couldn't believe they did that, either, but I love that they did it. They are obviously loving every minute of this game, and are taking time to savor the experience, especially now that they are in a place with great cultural significance for them. I much prefer their "let's enjoy the ride" approach to the psychotic "yeah, yeah, yeah, exotic foreign country, whatever, let's just get out of here" approach used by some of the other teams.

guinevere

Final Flight
I hate Colin. Seriously.

I was hoping so much that his psychotic butt would get thrown in an African jail. Christie is displaying some very classic abuse victim behavior, apologizing to Colin and to us, the audience, for "her" outburst, when she did absolutely nothing wrong. Ugh. If only those dimwit twins hadn't stopped to help Colin/Christie's cab!

Cute camels :love:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Why do I suspect that we haven't heard the last of Colin even after this game is over? Why do I have a feeling that he's going to be the center of a Scott Peterson-like trial sometime in the next 5 years? Then we have Christie going off about how their problem is "We're two people who like to be in control and sometimes this creates conflicts"????? No, sweetie, YOUR problem runs MUCH deeper than that.....

I'm very curious to see how Mensa & Densa manage to rustle up some money next week. "No problem," they said, "We're young and cute, we'll find a way." OK -- except I doubt very much that American Bimbo is going to play well in the United Arab Emirates.... :\ Now, if they were in Italy..... :D

heyang

Record Breaker
Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't have a problem with Colin & Christie. There was some testiness and bickering, but they are under stress and it's normal to argue. This last incident was outrageous though. $100 was the rate that everyone had to pay - i could understand refusing to pay the $100 if there had been a deal for a bonus (i.e. you get me there 1st and I'll give you an extra $50). I could even understand not wanting to pay. However, Colin was outrageous in how he handled the situation and thinking that he was above the law. What's 50 bucks when you're competing for a lot more?

I just finished watching Phil's video diary. He mentions that Colin is the most competitive guy he's ever met and that his intensity is amazing. He also mentioned that Colin is 24 - about time for him to learn to be less headstrong and more diplomatic in my opinion.

Johar

Medalist
Who watchd last night? The models Brandon and Nicole went back after having trouble making bricks and then they found out the Yield meant they would both have to have their heads shaved. The looks on their faces was priceless. They returned to brick making but lost alot of ground.

Since they came in last but weren't eliminated, they have to turn in all their cash and somehow find a way to get money. They will probably capitalize in on their looks to earn money.

Some of those sections of India they were in were absolutely filthy and overcrowded.

Colin and the ***** were in first as usual. Kim and Chip were second, the Bowling moms were third.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
How do Colin & Christie keep winning every week with all those meltdowns? I am really starting to think that despite their thermonuclear capability, they might just win this thing and the prospect sickens me.

I actually kind of liked Mensa & Densa last night; there was something about them that kind of amused me.

LOVED Kim's line about "So he plops his big ol' butt in the taxi and makes his wife push the thing...." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She had a point; not even Colin made Christie push, for heaven's sake.

I really wish last night had been an elimination round; Brandon & Nicole are pretty much a vapid waste of space and their absence wouldn't be especially noticeable. I, too, thought that Brandon's facial expressions were priceless, given that I don't think I've seen so many different variations of the "Duh" look in such a short span of time before.

heyang

Record Breaker
In the post leg interviews, B & N talk about getting their heads changd for the fast forward. Nic says that they couldn't because of their modelling careers. She said if it was for the million, they would've done it, but at that point, they figured they weren't sure if the FF would've helped them or not.

There's also a clip of Brandon praying for them in a taxi.

I know people like Colin - bad tempers and competitive. However, a lot of it is bark. Don't know if that's true of Colin or not.

guinevere

Final Flight
I was so hoping that the Children o' God would be the ones to take the Fast Forward - I wuzrobbed of the expected hysterics, though, because they didn't even contemplate doing it. I was extremely disappointed that the leg was non-elimination - but I'd have to say, this FF was kind of a nasty trick by the producers. Can you imagine a team doing it, and then finding out they would not have been eliminated anyway? I'd have been mad about that, even though I would have shaved my head no problem. To the Co'G team: good luck cadging $$ off of the locals in India next week!

ps I miss Charla!

pps Colin sux!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
"Do you think Chip & Kim did this?" "Oh, please, Kim would have put her hands in here and said, oh HELL no...." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kim: "You're doing this one, right?" Chip: "What is it?" Kim: "Doesn't matter, you're doin' it regardless." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Those giant hamster balls looked like SO MUCH FUN! I wonder if there's a place in the States that offers this??

Johar

Medalist
Looks like next week Colin really blows up. I can't wait to watch that.

BTW, how many free trips have he and his little lady won? :sheesh:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think this is the 4th or 5th trip that C&C have. Chip & Kim won a trip to Latin America but I don't recall any other teams winning a trip. Another reason to hope that C & C don't make it to the end.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
OK, so I SOOO would have done the white water sledging thing and that zorb ball thing looked AWESOME!! I would have loved that zorb thing! I was hysterical laughing watching them go down that hil and at the same time, I was wishing I was there so I could do it too! :D This was one of the most fun shows they've done this season. They weren't eating anything gross, there was some good humor, and no one got injured doing anything. The race is just heating up! ;)

Good riddance to the twins IMO. They were really getting on my nerves. Now we just have to get Colin and Christie gone and all will be right with this show. I LOVE that the moms moved up to second!! YAY!!! :p

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Yeah, let's just have Colin & Christie win all those trips, because they travel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautifully together......... :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh:

Johar

Medalist
I really like this show alot. There's no constant "alliance" talk like on Survivor, the action is nonstop and unpredictable, and the voting off isn't done by the public or cast members, but rather from being the last one at the end of a leg(no back stabbing).