Thread: Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate??

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Question Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate??

I was wondering if anyone has heard what he is going to do ? Is he still going to skate ? Dance? Pairs ? single?
    I sure hope he continues because it would be a shame if he didn't.

cb

I don't think he could do singles or pairs -- he hasn't jumped in ages. The only thing I've heard was a few months back, when he was looking into skating pro with Gretchuk. Of course, with her personality, I won't be surprised if it never got off the ground.

Custom Title
    Apparently, it was reported in a skating magazine that he has a new partner (dance of course) and that it will be revealed to the public soon. Most people expect Shae-Lynn Bourne to be the one. They already skated together in a show in Newington awhile back and were seen training together not very long ago either.

If this is what's going to hapen, I expect them to skate professionaly and probably go to SOI or/ and CSOI. Meno&Sand are not with the tour anymore and maybe they want another duo. Shae-Lynn is also very popular in Canada of course.

I don't remember why Kraatz retired--refresh my memory?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    I don't remember why Kraatz retired--refresh my memory?
    IIRC, he felt that to be a pro he needed to devote as much time to training as he did as an amateur. I think that Shae's schedule with coaching was not going to allow for that.

Custom Title
    Hi, I would really love to see Shae Lynn Bourne to skate with Peter. I believe that they would make a better couple and with a long term partnership better then Grishuk.

It is unfortunate that Shae and Victor are not skating together anymore just like Peter and Naomie, Both of these danse couple were made for one another but if someone has some chances together it is Shae and Peter now that both their partners are retired.

They could and can bring something magical together on the ice. Just hope that they do create a partnership.

It would of been nice to continue to see both of these danse couple in the future but things happens in life and just cant wait to see for sure if he is skating with Shae.

Good luck to them if they are. Well they wont need luck, they have it done already because of their talent and they would be great to see in a tour because we did not see enough of them has professionals.

SkateFan4Life
    Forgive me for saying this, but Tchernsyshev is in his mid 30s, correct? He's a tad old to be starting all over again with a new partner with the expectation of being competitive on the international scene. If they just want to skate as professionals and tour in shows, that's another story. On the other hand, it takes time for pair to mesh well and to "skate as a pair", and I just wonder if all the time and effort will be worth it, in the long run.

I felt sorry for Peter when his partnership with Naomi was terminated. I always thought he was the better skater of that twosome and that he had always been undermarked by the judges. IMHO, of course.

Moving Forward
    There has been no official announcement of who Peter's new partner will be. The next issue of Blades on Ice is supposed to carry the "exclusive" news. Peter did perform a few moves with Shae-Lynn in the Newington rink show this past summer, so people have drawn the conclusion for themselves that the two of them will pair up, but the has been nothing official yet.

I believe Peter is now 31, which is "old" in terms of a singles skater, but not necessarily for someone in dance. Starting over with an inexperienced partner would be one thing, but Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater in her own right and so there would be no "waiting for her to get to his level" problem.

Eligible or professional, I'm just happy at the possibility that he will still be on the ice skating.

Nan

Speaking of Naomi, when is her baby due?

On the Ice
    Peter is 33 - and still totally gorgeous

And apparently Naomi's baby is due any day now!

Rogue Leader
    I hope Peter can have a long career with his new partner. He is talented and deserves it.

In terms of the Shae-Lynn talk, I think her facial expressions might be what puts some people off. Her smile often looks "self satisifed" (that's the best way I can describe it). I don't think she necessarily wants to convey that emotion to people, but I can see how one might get the impression from looking at her. She's probably a lovely woman. Lots of people complain when they don't win. Plus, the media constantly asked her to talk about judging, which could also give the false impression that she was a sore loser.

I always liked Riverdance, but I don't know how innovative I'd call it. Moniotte&Lavanchy skated to the same music in 1998. Also, a Canadian team, Boyce&Brunet, did a great celtic program in 1994 (the year they finished second to Shae&Vic at Cdns). Many other teams have done this type of music; Shae&Vic just got the most hype.
    Last edited by Antilles; 08-20-2004 at 05:45 PM.

Moving Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy
    Peter is 33 - and still totally gorgeous
    I knew that! Both of those things!

Peter just looks too young to be 33!

Nan