Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate??

I'm sure the new partner is Shae-Lynn. To title the article PPT's new partner makes it more mysterious and intriguing than calling it Shae-Lynn's new partner and makes more people want to buy and read the magazine!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    Peter skated for the USA. That automatically makes him more famous in the US.

For some reason, I thought Pasha was taller. She certainly looked quite tall when she skated with Sasha Zulin.

Linny
    I think Sasha is just short.

Tripping on the Podium

MinnMan

I would love to see Jamie Silverstein back skating.
    I thought she was great.

Custom Title
    Do you think maybe Peter's new partner could mean his girlfriend rather than a skating partner. Maybe he got engaged.......

Ladybug

Custom Title

Petah

Don't worry, LOL - he's not engaged. His appearance on the TV show, "Into Character" airs this month on the cable channel AMC (which I think stands for American Movie Channel or something like that.)

Here's the schedule for Peter's episode - called "Ice Castles."

On AMC:

Into Character: Ice Castles
    Wed., Aug. 25 at 10:00 PM / EST

Thu., Aug. 26 at 1:00 AM / EST

Thu., Aug. 26 at 4:00 AM / EST

Tue., Aug. 31 at 5:00 AM / EST
    Last edited by Zanzibar; 08-15-2004 at 01:26 PM.

Custom Title
    It's Shae Lynn sadly. :\

Moving Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroleva
    It's Shae Lynn sadly. :\
    Peter needing to find a new partner is sad, but Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater and a very hard worker and I think the two of them could put together something new and exciting. Whoever Peter skates with, I'm just happy he's still skating.

Nan

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Please tell me they are going to skate as pros! :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NansXOXOX
    Peter needing to find a new partner is sad, but Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater and a very hard worker and I think the two of them could put together something new and exciting. Whoever Peter skates with, I'm just happy he's still skating.

Nan
    I personally don't care for Shae at all. I am happy he is still skating even though I don't think it will be a good match.

On the Ice
    I am sorry to ask this, but could someone please PM me, I am confused by how many people dislike Shae Lynn. Did I miss something?? I am rather new to the forum world but it's pretty much the consensus everywhere.
    I have tried to find places that say why people don't like her, other than people just saying they don't or calling her a diva, I haven't been able to find out anything.

Thank you for subsiding my curiousity!!!! :\

I'll try to share a little of what I have noticed. When she kept going on and on about the unfair judging when she thought she should have won some of the competitions turned off a lot of people. Somehow, sometimes, she comes across as if she is thinking she is better and more beautiful than anyone else. I'm not saying that is what I think but seems as if maybe she seems to be putting those kind of messages across. I'm not very good at explaining things like this but hope that explains it a little. I'm sure there are others that can come up with much better explanations than I.

Oops, I didn't read closely enough to see that you wanted that answer pm'd. Sorry. Some of us can spell but not read.

On the Ice
    Thanks Grgranny, I appreciate it!! It's just funny, as a team I could see that they could be criticized for their comments on the judging, just that most don't say a word about Victor. Sort of why I was confused, as for thinking she is better than everyone...... everyone draws their own conclusions, who am I to jump on anyone for their opinions, it's not my style!!! I do think that those who have met her, would be pleasantly surprised!
    Thanks again!

I like Shae-Lynn Bourne. She is one of my favorite dancers. (But then, what do I know? My other favorite is Barbara Fusar-Poli )

I never blamed Bourne and Kraatz for raising questions about questionable judging. For many years it seemed like there was a certain pecking order in ice dance, based more on who you knew than how you skated, and you got in line and hoped the people ahead of you would go pro or break a leg. Now it has losened up a little, and teams like Belbin and Agosto are benefiting from the greater opportunity to move up rapidly.

So good for Shae and Victor. I do think that Shae-Lynn received more blame/credit for whatever the team did, because she is more outgoing and extroverted than Victor.

I think they brought a lot of innovation to their sport, for instance, Riverdance. I don't know whether Shae thinks she is beautiful or not -- but she is, so what can I say?

Mathman

As I said, it seemed to me that is what others thought. She is beautiful. I can't blame her for being outspoken. I just never thought she was as great as some thought but she is great. I hope you understood that is what I gather others think, just not me. Just wanted to get that clear. Although, I didn't really care for Riverdance that much.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast