Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate??

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Koroleva said:
It's Shae Lynn sadly. :\

Peter needing to find a new partner is sad, but Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater and a very hard worker and I think the two of them could put together something new and exciting. Whoever Peter skates with, I'm just happy he's still skating. :)

Nan

Koroleva

On the Ice
NansXOXOX said:
Peter needing to find a new partner is sad, but Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater and a very hard worker and I think the two of them could put together something new and exciting. Whoever Peter skates with, I'm just happy he's still skating. :)

Nan

I personally don't care for Shae at all. I am happy he is still skating even though I don't think it will be a good match.

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
I am sorry to ask this, but could someone please PM me, I am confused by how many people dislike Shae Lynn. Did I miss something?? I am rather new to the forum world but it's pretty much the consensus everywhere.
I have tried to find places that say why people don't like her, other than people just saying they don't or calling her a diva, I haven't been able to find out anything.

Thank you for subsiding my curiousity!!!! :\

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I'll try to share a little of what I have noticed. When she kept going on and on about the unfair judging when she thought she should have won some of the competitions turned off a lot of people. Somehow, sometimes, she comes across as if she is thinking she is better and more beautiful than anyone else. I'm not saying that is what I think but seems as if maybe she seems to be putting those kind of messages across. I'm not very good at explaining things like this but hope that explains it a little. I'm sure there are others that can come up with much better explanations than I.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Oops, I didn't read closely enough to see that you wanted that answer pm'd. Sorry. Some of us can spell but not read. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
Thanks Grgranny, I appreciate it!! It's just funny, as a team I could see that they could be criticized for their comments on the judging, just that most don't say a word about Victor. Sort of why I was confused, as for thinking she is better than everyone...... everyone draws their own conclusions, who am I to jump on anyone for their opinions, it's not my style!!! I do think that those who have met her, would be pleasantly surprised!
Thanks again!

I like Shae-Lynn Bourne. She is one of my favorite dancers. (But then, what do I know? My other favorite is Barbara Fusar-Poli :laugh: )

I never blamed Bourne and Kraatz for raising questions about questionable judging. For many years it seemed like there was a certain pecking order in ice dance, based more on who you knew than how you skated, and you got in line and hoped the people ahead of you would go pro or break a leg. Now it has losened up a little, and teams like Belbin and Agosto are benefiting from the greater opportunity to move up rapidly.

So good for Shae and Victor. I do think that Shae-Lynn received more blame/credit for whatever the team did, because she is more outgoing and extroverted than Victor.

I think they brought a lot of innovation to their sport, for instance, Riverdance. I don't know whether Shae thinks she is beautiful or not -- but she is, so what can I say?

Mathman:)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
As I said, it seemed to me that is what others thought. She is beautiful. I can't blame her for being outspoken. I just never thought she was as great as some thought but she is great. I hope you understood that is what I gather others think, just not me. Just wanted to get that clear. Although, I didn't really care for Riverdance that much.

Yes, I understood that from your first post, GrGranny. You gave a nice measured reply to CanuckSk8er's question about people's attitudes.

About Riverdance, what I liked about it was that it incorporated a form of dancing that I didn't think could be done on skates -- those Irish toe steps. I thought that was innovative and cool.

Mathman:)

Linny

Final Flight
How'd you know

So, how did you'all find out that Peter's new partner was Shae-Lynn? I come to this forum to get the latest news... but I always have to wait until someone "in the know" posts the news.
Linny

S

SkateFan4Life

Forgive me for saying this, but Tchernsyshev is in his mid 30s, correct? He's a tad old to be starting all over again with a new partner with the expectation of being competitive on the international scene. If they just want to skate as professionals and tour in shows, that's another story. On the other hand, it takes time for pair to mesh well and to "skate as a pair", and I just wonder if all the time and effort will be worth it, in the long run.

I felt sorry for Peter when his partnership with Naomi was terminated. I always thought he was the better skater of that twosome and that he had always been undermarked by the judges. IMHO, of course.

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
There has been no official announcement of who Peter's new partner will be. The next issue of Blades on Ice is supposed to carry the "exclusive" news. Peter did perform a few moves with Shae-Lynn in the Newington rink show this past summer, so people have drawn the conclusion for themselves that the two of them will pair up, but the has been nothing official yet.

I believe Peter is now 31, which is "old" in terms of a singles skater, but not necessarily for someone in dance. Starting over with an inexperienced partner would be one thing, but Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater in her own right and so there would be no "waiting for her to get to his level" problem.

Eligible or professional, I'm just happy at the possibility that he will still be on the ice skating.

Nan

miffy

Rinkside
Peter is 33 - and still totally gorgeous :love:

And apparently Naomi's baby is due any day now!

Antilles

Medalist
I hope Peter can have a long career with his new partner. He is talented and deserves it.

In terms of the Shae-Lynn talk, I think her facial expressions might be what puts some people off. Her smile often looks "self satisifed" (that's the best way I can describe it). I don't think she necessarily wants to convey that emotion to people, but I can see how one might get the impression from looking at her. She's probably a lovely woman. Lots of people complain when they don't win. Plus, the media constantly asked her to talk about judging, which could also give the false impression that she was a sore loser.

I always liked Riverdance, but I don't know how innovative I'd call it. Moniotte&Lavanchy skated to the same music in 1998. Also, a Canadian team, Boyce&Brunet, did a great celtic program in 1994 (the year they finished second to Shae&Vic at Cdns). Many other teams have done this type of music; Shae&Vic just got the most hype.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Judi #2

Spectator
Hi, this is my first post to this forum but when it comes to Shae-Lynn I have to comment. I have met her and she is a very nice, gracious person. She usually did most of the talking because Victor preferred not to talk a lot to the media and is very quiet by nature. She spoke of the judging irregularities so often because she was constantly asked about it and, lets face it, they spoke from experience.