• Klimova-Ponomarenko (Tchaikovsky)

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Sasha Cohen (movie theme)

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • Ilia Kulik (Tchaikovsky)

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Tim Goebel (Prokofiev)

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yamaguchi-Galindo (Tchaikovsky+Movie theme)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristi Yamaguchi (movie theme)

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters

Vash01

Medalist
I am going to pick 3 different Romeo & Juliet musical choices for this (Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, and the movie theme). Which one is your most favorite Romeo & Juliet program? Why?

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
From the choices, A/P's version and Sasha Cohen's were my favorites. I liked Kulik's too.

I ended up going with Sasha Cohen because I like the music more LOL

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Klimova and Ponomarenko's version was breath-taking.......for me the best ever. I would put Kristi's a close second.......42

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for Ilia Kulik. It was a beautiful and really great choreography! Unfortunately though rather unskateable in the sense that it was way too busy = exhausting for a skater to be able to give a perfect performance.

Marjaana

Muse

Rinkside
This is hard. I agree with you, Jaana. I thought Ilia's was a very beautiful choreographically speaking, but technically, it was unskateable, and I think it was because of the latter that sort of left me unsatisfied. I liked both Anissina & Peizerat's and Marina & Sergei's. Marina & Sergei's were more sweet (beginning of program) and sad (at the end), while the Anissina & Peizerat's were passionate and dramatic. I really enjoyed the latter very much, though, so I picked Anissina & Peizerat's.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I have to vote for Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat 's FD. I still think that is the best FD ever.

icenut84

Final Flight
I haven't seen all of them, but I voted for Klimova & Ponomarenko. That was a beautiful programme. I never really got into Anissina & Peizerat's, although I've only seen it a few times. My favourite *music* is probably the Nina Rota version ("movie theme"), but I wouldn't have picked Sasha's programme to it because, even though I really like Sasha's skating, it was non-stop spirals. I just think she could have done so much more with that music. Maybe that's just me.

katherine2001

On the Ice
I also chose Klimova and Ponomarenko's program. I thought they interpreted the music very well and was just a beautiful program. G&G would be my second choice.

Vash01

Medalist
Now we can throw 3 more into the mix- Shizuka, Elena Sokolova, and Angela's LP's skated this year to Tchaikovsky's R&J. I have to admit I prefer a pair or ice dance couple skating to this music (rather than a singles skater).

Vash01

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Didn't Kurt also skate to Romeo and Juliet? Or am I nuts?

I have not seen Kurt skate to Romeo & Juliet (any version of it), but does not mean he never did. However, it will have to be very early in his career, if he did use this music. I have a tough time visualizing him skate to this music (any of the three versions).

IIRC Viktor Petrenko skated a medley of R&J music as a pro (unless I am confusing it with something else).

Vash

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Ann-Patrice used the Zefirelli movie theme for her 2002 LP, and as we know, Fusar-Poli and Margaglio used the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack for their 2001 FD...

I don't like the Italian version LOL

anya_angie

Final Flight
I rather like Michelle skating to Kissing You from 1996's Romeo and Juliet, and Frusar-Poli and Morgalio skating to that soundtrack too. But I voted for A&P's.

Simka

Spectator
Kurt Browning

Kurt skated to "Masks and Morning Dance" from Prokofiev. He used it at

1995 Northwest Mutual Life World Team Championships
1998 U.S. Pro Figure Skating Classic
1998 World Professional Championships

It was wonderful!

gezando

Final Flight
Prokofiev - Maria and Gwendal

Tchaikovsky - G&G

movie theme - #1 AP's free skate :love:
#2 Kristi
and totally underwhelmed by cohen's version

Last edited:

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
i would have to say that my favourite romeo and juliet program was definitely jacinthe lariviere's and lenny faustino's program back in 2002 (i think it was that year) when they became the canadian pairs champions....i loved that program

Matt

On the Ice
AARGH!!!!!!! I just got done watch US TV coverage of Cup of Russia, and if I hear Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet" one more time, I think I'll scream.....

Anyways, I voted for Sasha's exhibition number from the 2003 Worlds, b/c that was soooo well choreographed by TT and highlighted Sasha perfectly. She could turn pro today and use that as an FP.....*shiver* :yes: