Songs from a secret Garden (Lp music?) | Golden Skate

Songs from a secret Garden (Lp music?)

Vash01

Medalist
I have this CD and it has many pieces that are good for skating music. Katia Gordeeva had skated to one of them (The one titled 'song from the secret garden') in 2003 (Valentine's day) . Also, IIRC Carolina Kostner skated her SP at worlds this year (2004) to that music.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I believe Tara Lapinski skated to and won a pro competition with music from this particular CD you are referring to.

Fairy

Spectator
Ladskater said:
I believe Tara Lapinski skated to and won a pro competition with music from this particular CD you are referring to.
I guess it's Dreamcatcher from Secret Garden's third album"Dawn of A New Century"

Matt

On the Ice
There was a piece of music called "Nocturne" by Secret Garden (idk if it's on that CD) that seemed to be really popular with skaters a couple years ago. I know Meno/Sand skated one of their programmes to it at the US Nationals (in '98, I think)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Johnny Weir skate to a piece of music from "The Secret Garden?"

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I, too, know that he skated to music from a Secret Garden, so I went to his site but didn't find that information but found this. It may be old news but thought I would post it anyhow.

2004-2005

Short Program
Title: "Rondo Capriccioso"
Composer: Camille Saint-Saens
Choreographed By: Tatiana Tarasova and Evgeny Platov

Free Skate
Title: "Otonal"
Composer: Raul DiBlasio
Choreographed By: Tatiana Tarasova and Evgeny Platov

Dee

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
kwanzone2006 said:
Hey guys! I’m new to the forum and this is my 1st post! Yay! :) :love:

Anywayz I’ve been searching the web for some good skating music and I finally found some beautiful tunes from an album called Songs from a Secret Garden! Could anyone tell me if this is good skating music and who do you think should skate to it!

Here’s the link:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=Ba3OJEn9uo&ean=731452823021 :D :eek: :rolleye:
Welcome, kwanzone 2006. I hope you have fun here.

Yes, this is good skating music. A lot of skaters have used Track #3 (Song From a Secret Garden). Among the ladies who have used it for their short program are Tatiana Malinina (2001-2002) and Carolina Kostner (2003-2004). Jean Sebastien Fecteau and his former partner Valerie Saurette also used this for the slow part of their 2001-2002 LP.

You should also check out the CD White Stones, also by Secret Garden. Some tracks have been used by Jennifer Robisnson (Passacaglia), Irina Slutskaya (Apassionata), Josee Chouinard (Poeme), and Pang/Tong (Illumination).

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure Dorota Zagorska and Mariusz Siudek also used Secret Garden for one of their exhibition program.

SkatingFan94

Rinkside
Johny Weir used "Song From A Secret Garden" from the first album by the same name as an exhibition piece in 2003.

Katia used "Adagio" from SFASG in 2003.

A "best of" Secret Garden CD comes out tomorrow and there is also a Secret Garden video that you can order from www.bn.com the video was performed in Lillehammer Norway!

The group also has a cool website: www.secretgarden.no

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Welcome, kwanzone 2006. I hope you have fun here.

Yes, this is good skating music. A lot of skaters have used Track #3 (Song From a Secret Garden). Among the ladies who have used it for their short program are Tatiana Malinina (2001-2002) and Carolina Kostner (2003-2004). Jean Sebastien Fecteau and his former partner Valerie Saurette also used this for the slow part of their 2001-2002 LP.

You should also check out the CD White Stones, also by Secret Garden. Some tracks have been used by Jennifer Robisnson (Passacaglia), Irina Slutskaya (Apassionata), Josee Chouinard (Poeme), and Pang/Tong (Illumination).

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Vika Volchkova also used Illumination (that song got me hooked on Secret Garden). Joannie Rochette, I heard, used Song from a Secret Garden.

Megi

Rinkside
RIskatingfan said:
I'm pretty sure Dorota Zagorska and Mariusz Siudek also used Secret Garden for one of their exhibition program.

Yes, they skated to "Nocturne" the last two seasons.

Oceanguy

Rinkside
Secret Garden Music Selections

I beleive a few years ago Irnia skated her short program to Appassionata (White Stones-Secret Garden). I often pull out my tape and watch it over and over! I love the music, but I really feel that it was a moment when I felt that Irina was really becoming one with the music. Her footwork segment really stands out in my mind, she did it all on one foot.

I believe Pang and Tong did either a short or long program to Celebration from the same CD.

Some say that this music is too heavy or that it's best used by novice level skaters, but I feel it lends itself WELL to skating!

I would especially love to see Michelle Kwan skate a short program to Celebration.
Oceanguy
:)

NwSwEeTy

Spectator
you could also look at the movie soundtrack of the secret garden.it has some pieces that you could use.