Your favorite Grishchuk & Platov number | Golden Skate

Your favorite Grishchuk & Platov number

What is your favorite Grishchuk & Platov program?

• Rock n Roll LP (94 Oly FD))

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Fred & Ginger (95 worlds)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Latin American number (96 worlds FD)

• The feeling begins (97 worlds FD)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Memorial (98 Oly FD)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • You'll see (98 exhibition)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Jail house rock (98 Oly OD)

• Other

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Medalist
They may not be the most popular ice dancers, but they skated some great routines. What is your most favorite program of Grishchuk & Platov?

lulu

Final Flight
I picked other-as in St. James Inferno. Tension filled blues piece-it was incredible.

shine

Record Breaker
Libertango. That's probably the only program that I ever liked of theirs.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for The Feeling Begins, as it was truly awesome in Europeans!!! The camera work was not as excellent at Worlds, IMO.

soogar

Record Breaker
The feeling begins. I also liked the way they did compulsory dances: they had a lot of style.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I picked "other". I'm not a huge G&P fan, but I loved their "Girls, Girls, Girls" quickstep OD. My second choice would be their "Libertango" OD.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I didn't vote because quite frankly, I never could see what it was about their skating that made them World and Oly champions.......I loved his skating with Maya, but I never saw the chemistry between Grishchuk and Platov........42

Vash01

Medalist
What made them champs, esp. from 95 to 98 was the level of difficulty, tremendous speed, and expression. K&O were capable of beating them but IMO they needed a stronger FD in the 98 Olys (Carmen had a section with so much posing that they could not be competitive with G&P).

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Vash...........this is why I don't follow ice dancing........I don't understand it. It all looks difficult to me, so when someone points out that team "x" has more difficult footwork than team "y", I'm lost.......... I understand beauty on the ice, which is why I admire Klimova and Ponemarenko........:\ 42

Vash01

Medalist
You are welcome Show42. I too miss K&P's style of ice dance (along with U&Z, A&S) where beauty was also a component of the dance. BTW ice dance is a lot more enjoyable live, than on TV- at least that's what I feel.