Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IFS Magazine

Custom Title

Thumbs up IFS Magazine

Don't think this has been posted ---but I emailed the International Figure Skating Magazine and they responded. The July/August issue (which is very late) is currently at the printers and they expect it to be out in a couple of weeks. The cover is of Roz S. wedding. They also expect the September/October issue to be a little late but think they will be on schedule for the holiday magazine. As you know, Mark Lund and Lois E. are no longer involved.

This is good news for those who have current subscriptions.

Ladybug

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    Thanks for checking on this...you beat me to it. I have a subscription, and have been waiting patiently for it.

Why is Mark Lund out of the picture?

Custom Title
    Thanks for the info! I´m a subscriber too and renewed early this year. Feeling happy that I will get the magazines I subscribed...

Quote Originally Posted by Glacierskater

Why is Mark Lund out of the picture?
    Check out this thread. Scroll down to Skatefan's posts (especially the one from BOI)

http://www.sashafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8610

On Saturday, July 31, I received an envelope which I thought might contain the new issue of IFS (under the new publisher). When I opened it, there was no magazine yet, but they sent a copy of the current 2004 IFS Calendar (with many of the SOI skaters & other IMG clients). I'm wondering if this is a way of trying to placate IFS subscribers while they're waiting in the meantime. Stay tuned for the new issue, I guess.

Have any other subscribers received a copy of the IFS calendars over the last few days?
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 08-03-2004 at 09:03 AM.

Susan Wesling is the new editor.

I haven't received any issues for months. More than 3, I think. Maybe 4 or more. I emailed them several weeks ago and never received any answer at all.

Ladybug-
    Thanks for posting this information. I'm glad to hear that at least they will be sending out the magazine. I sort of thought that the magazine would cease to be published. Better late then never.

Custom Title
    thanks for the info=I was wondering too=the last issue I got had Kristi on the cover= p.s.= no calendar here

cb

On the Ice
    Cool! I can't wait to get the issue. I wonder if it will have the same type of layout?

Custom Title
    No calendar, and since I subscribed using my Visa, I recently noticed a charge for what is about a 2 year extension! I don't recall receiving any notification and my current subscription is due for at least 6 moths... Of course, as soon as I saw the new charges then the lawsuit results come out.. I decided not to make a fuss since I like the magazine.

Yana

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd
    Check out this thread. Scroll down to Skatefan's posts (especially the one from BOI)

On Saturday, July 31, I received an envelope which I thought might contain the new issue of IFS (under the new publisher). When I opened it, there was no magazine yet, but they sent a copy of the current 2004 IFS Calendar (with many of the SOI skaters & other IMG clients). I'm wondering if this is a way of trying to placate IFS subscribers while they're waiting in the meantime. Stay tuned for the new issue, I guess.

Have any other subscribers received a copy of the IFS calendars over the last few days?
    NO. And I am wondering where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd

I read it, but I am still baffled as to what really happened.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacierskater
    NO. And I am wondering where it is.
    Me too.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I got my calender several months ago, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one having problems receiving the actual magazine; they had to extend my subscription for an additional 4 months to make up for issues missed and it still comes extremely erratically. I've since gotten the impression that this is not unusual.....

I just received my new issue today, so if you haven't received yours yet, it should be on its way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast