Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IFS Magazine

I received mine today too.

Custom Title
    I received mine today and was glad to read from the label that my subscription will continue until Nov/Dec 05. It seems that at long last those yearly offers (if one renews early, the subscription is lengthened with 2 issues - or something like that, LOL - have been noted. Great!!!

It was wonderful to see that in the international section of the magazine was also a Susanna Poykio article. Here two excerpts:

> This summer she and choreographer Henrik Walentin will again go to Los Angeles to do some training at the HealthSouth facility in El Segundo, where she will also take lessons from Frank Carrol.

"I think it´s very important to have a period of time to work with different coaches and also have the feeling to skate with other elite skaters as well", Poykio said. >

> I think my worst part in the new judging system was actually the connecting steps," Poykio admitted. "It´s hard to say anything about the new judging system yet, because you don´t really know how it will end up to be."

Poykio prefers to concentrate on improving her performances - both in style and substance. She will be ready to show off her skills in the autumn.

"I´m looking forward to next season and wish everybody a very nice summer", she said. >

Marjaana
    Last edited by Jaana; 08-13-2004 at 04:17 AM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I received my copy the other day as well. Have to wonder how much faith we should have in "the new regime" at the top, given the fact that the letter from the interim editor-in-chief refers to Roz as an Olympic GOLD Medallist..... :D

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    I received my copy the other day as well. Have to wonder how much faith we should have in "the new regime" at the top, given the fact that the letter from the interim editor-in-chief refers to Roz as an Olympic GOLD Medallist..... :D
    Wishful thinking?

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Wishful thinking?
    Now skaters who lost Oly titles by 2/10th of a point with controversial 5/4 splits are laughed at. What next?

Skating Freak Barbie
    No dang calendar, and just recieved the newest issue yesterday....SIGHHHHHH

Kasey

I received my copy the other day as well. Have to wonder how much faith we should have in "the new regime" at the top, given the fact that the letter from the interim editor-in-chief refers to Roz as an Olympic GOLD Medallist....
    I received my copy yesterday and was thinking the same thing. How much do they know about figure skating?

I have never ever had a problem with IFS and I think it's the best magazine out there as far as organization and pictures and inside stuff...

The one BOI magazine I have has turned me off the idea of ever getting a subscription and Spotlight on Skating is too expensive. IFS is great, great service and everything...

but that's just me

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    If you had great service from them, Toni, then good for you! Because you were the only one, lol.

Laura

Welcome back, Toni!

What didn't you like about Blades on Ice?

Mathman

they had tons of basic grammatical(sp) errors, and if I could pick them out then I found that to be a turn off... I also just didn't like the look of the magazine... it was just whereever an article seemed to "fit" size wise it was entered on the page... it just wasn't appealing...

and thanks for the welcome back... I'm actually still in Portland... fly out on the red eye tomorrow(well today/Saturday) for Anchorage... can't wait it is TOO HOT here... 80* at 10pm at night is too hot for this Alaskan girl! LOL

Darn no calender which I'd like to have, I am still using mine from 2002 I print a month off the computer and paper clip it to the calendar. But I did get my new issue with the cover to renew but not renewing this time.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Do they have a new URL?I tried IFS Magazine and got the old online issue.
    Last edited by John King; 08-14-2004 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Omission

I dunno about these magazines. By the time you get them, the stories I would find interesting are not new but the wedding pictures are ok.

Joe

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Roz looks absolutely STUNNING on the cover. I do believe that this lady gets more beautiful every year....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast