Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's On Hot Dogs Where You Live?

All the trimmings one can get at the Ball Park

When I go to Shea, I just get a Frankfurter with Mustard and watch Piazza hit a home run and then have cracker jacks for dessert, and I'm in heaven.

At the Nats i have the same things but the 'hot dog' is not as good, but then there is Michelle doing a triple triple combo. beats crackert jacks.

Joe

Rinkside
    most of my friends eat their hotdogs plain!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Canadians are pretty bland when it comes to hot dogs - usually we top them with the usual mustard, ketchup and relsish. I suppose some folks put onions and mayo on them. We also indulge in what is called a "smokey" which is a European hot dog (Polish I think). It's fatter than the usual hot dog. They are very popular.

Rinkside
    Personally, I like just ketchup. My friends and Mom's family eat them with ketchup, mustard, chile, and onions and that's pretty much it. My Dad's family eats them with steiktur lauker(like fried onions) and Remoladi(like mustard) mostly. That's about it.

Custom Title
    People put different things on them around here. I would say that most people put mustard, ketchup, onions and relish on them. Others will put chili or sauerkraut on them. I like to have cheese and bacon bits on mine with a little ketchup.

I like to slit them and put cheese in them. Corn dogs are good too.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    In Cleveland, home of "stadium mustard," we tend to like mustard on them. I add sweet relish and onions. Of course, being an ethnic in an ethnic city, I like kielbasa, with sauerkraut.

Jo,

My Mother's best friend lived in Lorain, Ohio and my great aunt in Mentor. We visited every summer the highlight being Cedar Point for us kids. I remember at one of the beaches, Elyria maybe there was a huge concrete basket planter that I thought was the coolest thing in the world. Back on topic, NOWHERE was there a real hotdog (chile and slaw) to be found IIRC in those days.. Cedar Point did have excellent French fries thouigh.

Piel

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Piel,

I haven't been out to Cedar Point since my kids were teens. By then, the LAST thing a kid wants around is Mom! They hang out in packs, like wolves! In fact, I haven't been to Geauga Lake -- before it became Six Flags and since it went back to Geauga Lake -- either.

I have, however, been to the Rock Hall and the Zoo without them. One of those close things to do with friends on the spur of the moment.

Custom Title
    Let me tell you about the best hot dog that I ever had, and I only can find it in STL, MO. It's very popular at hockey and ball games. These are kosher hot dogs with grilled onions and grilled sauerkraut, YUM!!!! Absolutely outstanding. I can't comment on the toppings in upstate NY, but I haven't heard about anything unusual.

In Russia, hot dogs are normally eaten w/o the bun, just boiled or fried up, and are served with catchup. Oh yes, it's also a typical breakfast food!

Yana

Hell's Librarian
    The restaurant at the end of the universe
    Personally, I don't eat hotdogs. But here you can get them with anything you want on them. There's even a few hotdog chains - Nathans, Gray's Papaya, other random Papayas. There's even a place in NJ, Ruggs? that deep fries them.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    In CT, mustard and sweet relish, mustand and sauerkraut,mustard and dill relish, chili and cheese, ketchup only, cheese only, and onions can be found on any of these.

While we lived in VT, sometimes you would see a hotdog like in Eastern Township, Quebec-very finely cut coleslaw with a vinegary dressing with mustard. This is excellent, and I make it at home sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2