Most Annoying Commercials | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Most Annoying Commercials

Lucy25

Final Flight
PrincessLeppard said:
PS My final for my 9th graders last year was for them to create either a commercial or an informercial. One group parodied the drug ads...the list of side effects went on for three minutes. It was hilarious!
My eighth graders do this each spring as part of a week of propaganda study. It really opens their eyes to how the media totally manipulates them. We especially focus how alcohol is glamourized with athletes/sports cars/sex.

There has been a lot of discussion on CNN the last few days about how the US has become a drug advertisement nation. Unfortaunately, I find it a really boring topic, so I never listen to what they have to say!

Many of the commercials listed in this thread I have never seen (thank goodness!), like the toe fungus one.

I know they were popular, but I simply hated the "Was up?!?" commercials they used to do.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Anything that mentions LOW CARBS! I can't stand hearing those two words anymore! :\ :p :rolleye:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Anything that mentions LOW CARBS! I can't stand hearing those two words anymore! :\ :p :rolleye:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! What's next, Low-Carb Midol??? This is even more out of hand than the big "Oat Bran" craze of the late 80s.....

Kwanfan -- The "shake your can" commercial is for a new variety (possibly even Low-Carb :laugh: :sheesh: ) of Coke. And I've had just about enough of that one myself.

And there's the one with the woman who wants them to make over her car and they end up giving her a new one, it's a takeoff on that show "Pimp My Ride". I don't know WHY that one drives me up the nearest wall, but it does. And it's only been running about a week.

But the one that really gets me is the one for Tampax with the woman AT A PARTY AT SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE GOING INTO SOME OTHER WOMAN'S BATHROOM AND OPENING UP AN ENTIRE BOX OF TAMPONS TO MAKE A ROPE TO GET HERS OUT OF THE BUSHES BECAUSE IT FELL OFF THE WINDOWSILL. I am eagerly awaiting the followup ad which will feature the hostess of the party storming down the stairs screaming, "All right, which one of you b*******s went into my cabinets and wasted a whole box of my tampons????"

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
TELL ME ABOUT IT!! What's next, Low-Carb Midol??? This is even more out of hand than the big "Oat Bran" craze of the late 80s.....

Or the FAT FREE craze of the 90s! :p

Everywhere I go, it seems that LOW CARBS is a mantra. It's on menus, in magazine ads, commercials--EVERYWHERE! I can't take it anymore!
:eek: :eek:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The "Smart Ones" commercials with "The Lady in Red" song. :mad: Kristi was featured in some of these. Even though I :love: Kristi, I get really annoyed with that song. I'm so tired of hearing it, I feel like throwing something at the TV or radio every time I hear that song. We were on vacation once in the Pocono Mountains of PA, & the band would play this song every night. I actually wrote an anonymous note requesting that they play something else for a change (the band was pretty good, actually, so I tried to be as complimentary as possible, but enough was enough with this song, night after night). :(

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"Where's da beef"
At first I thought it was funny but that didn't last long at all.