Hughes reporting Olympic events for CBS 2 in NY | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Hughes reporting Olympic events for CBS 2 in NY

IDLERACER

Medalist
Linny said:
Sarah Hughes? Eye Candy? Not saying that the lady isn't lovely, just not what would be considered classic beauty. Well, if you like lookin at her, knock your eyes out.
Linny
I'm a guy, and I say she's eye candy. :love: And if the pictures I've seen of her that were taken in the last couple of months are any indication, she has recently become very buxom eye candy (the best kind).

R.D.

Record Breaker
Linny said:
Sarah Hughes? Eye Candy? Not saying that the lady isn't lovely, just not what would be considered classic beauty. Well, if you like lookin at her, knock your eyes out.
Linny

:laugh:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Only the 1st pic? Hell, I'll take all of them. :D Pic #4 is especially in your face, because not only is she wearing a see-through blouse, but there's a little sign directly above the picture that says "Anterior" to drive the point home. If you click on that sign, you'll see her doing a Sasha Cohen thing with her leg.
;)

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Okay guys, a little "truth or dare" kind of question for you here. No snark intended at all, a serious question. Do men find the "Sasha thing" cute? Sexy? Intriguing? Grotesque? Keeping it clean, can you explain why? This thing really has me mystified and I am genuinely curious.

Nan

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I'm probably the wrong person to answer this, but in general I find the sexualization of underage and underage looking people a huge turnoff.

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
berthes ghost said:
.....in general I find the sexualization of underage and underage looking people a huge turnoff.

So do I, which is the reason for the mystery, I suppose. I've never understood if people (men, specifically) look at this kind of flexability with a "ewwwww.......train wreck" facination, or something else.

Nan

bronxgirl

Medalist
I'm sure that somewhere an orthopedic surgeon is smiling, knowing that these young ladies will need hip replacement surgery much sooner than the rest of us. Hope they'll have the insurance policy to cover the costs of the rehab as well.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Back on topic:

I read on Sarah's fan board that she will be continuing to do profiles on the athletes, even throughout the Athens games. It is also possible that she'll be appearing on more CBS stations around the country once the olympics begin.

NansXOXOX said:
Okay guys, a little "truth or dare" kind of question for you here. No snark intended at all, a serious question. Do men find the "Sasha thing" cute? Sexy? Intriguing? Grotesque? Keeping it clean, can you explain why? This thing really has me mystified and I am genuinely curious.

Nan
I haven't taken a poll or anything, but I believe that most men find your basic crotch shot -- Maria Butyrskaya doing a spiral, for instance -- to be sexy. Not as sexy, IMHO, as a shy Kristi Yamaguchi wink, but you pay your money and you take your choice.

Extreme positions, especially by grotesquely skinny and spookily young-looking women, are -- well, grotesque and spooky. Like when the side-show at the circus used to have the "amazing double-jointed man." I think that the only way to appreciate these contortionist acts is if you have some kind of aesthetic appreciation for modern dance (most men don't).

Here is another Julia Raskina, which I think falls into the aesthetic-dance-appreciation category, but is not cute, sexy or intriguing.

http://barny-th.de/stettin/12st04a.jpg

About Sasha Cohen's flexibility moves, I don't have any problem with her spiral, and I have gotten used to her I spin, although I didn't like it at first. Sasha is slender but not anorexic-looking, she looks her age, and she is pretty but does not try to be alluring when she skates.

I'm sure that somewhere an orthopedic surgeon is smiling, knowing that these young ladies will need hip replacement surgery much sooner than the rest of us. Hope they'll have the insurance policy to cover the costs of the rehab as well. -- Bronxgirl
Another Raskina pic:

http://rsg.net/rsg/pics/raskina_j_2.jpg

Mathman

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Thanks for the input, Mathman. :)

This is just wrong (the position, not Mathman), in so many ways:

Mathman said:

And on topic, I think Sarah's pleasing and open nature, intelligence, all-American girl look and personal experience as an Olympian will serve her well as an interviewer for the Summer Olympics. She is a good choice and I hope I get a chance to see some of her work.

Nan

R.D.

Record Breaker
And on topic, I think Sarah's pleasing and open nature, intelligence, all-American girl look and personal experience as an Olympian will serve her well as an interviewer for the Summer Olympics. She is a good choice and I hope I get a chance to see some of her work.

Yeah, I also think it's a good fit for her. I wonder if this will open up more opportunities of the like for her in the future (will she do the same for the 2006 Winter olympic event?).