Win, Place and Show Predictions with Analysis | Golden Skate

Win, Place and Show Predictions with Analysis

LADIES

Michelle outskates the field with a 3x3 combo and an exquisite faultless program.

Carolina and Julia fight it out for silver and bronze. I think Julia gets the silver.

Fumie or Susanna may chase one of the above off the podium.

MEN

His nibs will overtake the field whether he skates well or not.

Stefan or Stephane. That is the question.for silver and bronze. I'll pick Lindemann reluctantly for the silver.

Jeffrey and Emmanuel - Two hometown favorites may bust their way to the posium with a quad.

PAIRS

Really no competition for S&Z and I predict huge scores.

Pang and Tong - Despite the slender figures, they are prone to silver.

Z&S - Their longevity will bring a sentimenal bronze medal

Keep your eye on hometown L&A looking to mix up that Podium..

DANCE

The Three Seeds do it in the order presented: D&S - Bulgaria; D&S - France;
C&S (Israel).

Watch for the hometown favorites: D&L; and W&L for a podium steal.

[/I]Just my far out thoughts`!!
Joe :)

Last edited:

sk8pics

Rinkside
Joesitz [B said:
PAIRS[/B]
Keep your eye on Innoue and Baldwin to make a posium move.

:confused: Last time I looked, Inoue & Baldwin were not scheduled for this event.

Isabelle

Rinkside
My predictions right now are:

Dance:
1st - Denkova/Staviski
2nd - Dubreuil/Lauzon
3rd - Delobel/Schoenfelder
4th - Chait/Sakhnovski
5th - Wing/Lowe

Maybe it will be a repeat of Skate Canada in 2002 and Albena and Maxim will place surprisingly low but, I doubt it. I would LOVE for Marie-France and Patrice to win though!! :love:

Ladies:
1st - Michelle Kwan
2nd - Fumie Suguri
3rd - Julia Sebestyen
4th - Carolina Kostner
5th - Cynthia Phaneuf

Pairs:
1st- Shen/Zhao
2nd - Pang/Tong
3rd - Zagorska/Siudek
4th - Langlois/Archetto
5th - Marcoux/Buntin

2nd-5th could really switch around, it depends on how everybody skates....

Men:
1st - Evgeni Plushenko
then I don't know.....um....Lindeman, Lambiel, Buttle, Sandhu, and Honda could all be up there......

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't Sasha Cohen going to be at SC???

Dee

alina said:
Stephane Lambiel will not compete because of surgery. :cry:

Drats! What's wrong with him now? He never makes the GP and given the tight schedules, he won't be healed to skate in any of them.

Joe

alina

Rinkside
He has difficulties with his knee (left meniscus) and he´ll have surgery in the beginning of September. So I think the possibility to see him in a GP is little, to see him at GP Canada impossible. I hope he´ll be able to skate at euros and worlds again. He had finished school and has much more time for practise now and now this damned knee is injured - I am so sorry for him.

alina said:
He has difficulties with his knee (left meniscus) and he´ll have surgery in the beginning of September. So I think the possibility to see him in a GP is little, to see him at GP Canada impossible. I hope he´ll be able to skate at euros and worlds again. He had finished school and has much more time for practise now and now this damned knee is injured - I am so sorry for him.

Alina - I hope the surgery works. But no matter, he will be limited in the height of his jumps. Tough going. That's him and Evgeni with medial meniscus problems. Didn't Elena Sokolova have that problem too? Whoa, that's enough.

Joe

Ximena

Final Flight
Plush won't do GP this season, so you can count him out of your predictions :( ohh no Plush and no Stephane for me to root this season. It would have to be Klimkin then

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well guys and gals all great predictions, but I like to go with the "anything can and does happen in figure skating" approach. One never really knows the outcome until the final skate. Looking forward to Skate Canada.

Miriam Boo

Rinkside
My predictions are:

Dance: Denkova/Staviski gold
Dubreuill/Lauzon silver
Delobel/Schoenfelder bronze

Pairs: Pang/Tong gold
Shen/Zhao silver
Zagorska/Siudek bronze

*Shen/Zhao will not skate clean in their first event of the season.

Men: Takeshi Honda gold
Jeffrey Buttle silver
Emanuel Sandhu bronze

*This is my prediction as long as Plushenko does not compete. Otherwise, Plushenko is my pick for gold, and you can move the others down 1 notch.

Ladies: Fumie Suguri gold
Michelle Kwan silver
Julia Sebestyen bronze

*A bold pick indeed. I believe that Suguri will be fired up after what happened in Dortmund last season. I believe she will be determined to recapture the Japanese crown as well as contend for the world title this season. For Fumie, it's either produce or perish, as it is for the other Japanese ladies. She's on a mission this season.

mpal2

Final Flight
I'm not too sure how Fumie will do. The last article I saw about her quoted her as saying she was relearning some jump techniques. That was also before she changed coaches which will create an adjustment period of its own. I don't know if she'll be comfortable with the new techniques and coaching just yet. Though I am impressed with her willingness to improve. It looks like she is really committed to making it to the Olympics. I hope Fumie makes it back to the World podium.

Miriam Boo

Rinkside
I see your point...moving to Chicago, a new coach, a new country, etc. Those are legitimate factors that could potentially affect her skating. Those factors definitely affected Volchkova adversely. It makes you wonder...what kind of support system does Fumie have in Chicago? She'll miss her family, Mr. Sato, her language, home cooked Japanese food...what a sacrifice! However, Fumie used to live in Alaska when she was young. This is where she first learned to skate. Well...moving to the U.S. and changing her coach really paid dividends for Arakawa...not even a year in the U.S., 2 different coaches...then she wins the World Championship. Perhaps, this is what primarily inspired Fumie to make such a drastic change.

tukinowaguma

Rinkside
I expect Onda. She stands on the podium in the Grand Prix series of all past 2 seasons. She is the skater who has sense of stability very much technically. It's true that the result of 4CC last year was bad. However, the cause has clarified. She caught a cold and was a high fever till SP's previous day. And also,The coach was changed this year. That will bring about influence good for her.

Peaches1972

Rinkside
My predictions are:

Dance:
Denkova/Staviski gold
Chait / Sakhnovski silver
Wing / Lowe bronze

Pairs:
Shen/Zhao gold
Pang/Tong silver
Borezenkova/Chuvilaevz bronze

Men:
Emanuel Sandhu gold
Ryan Jahnke silver
Takeshi Honda bronze

Ladies:
Julia Sebestyen gold
Fumie Suguri silver
Susanna Poykio bronze

ks777

Record Breaker
Miriam Boo said:
I see your point...moving to Chicago, a new coach, a new country, etc. Those are legitimate factors that could potentially affect her skating. Those factors definitely affected Volchkova adversely. It makes you wonder...what kind of support system does Fumie have in Chicago? She'll miss her family, Mr. Sato, her language, home cooked Japanese food...what a sacrifice! However, Fumie used to live in Alaska when she was young. This is where she first learned to skate. Well...moving to the U.S. and changing her coach really paid dividends for Arakawa...not even a year in the U.S., 2 different coaches...then she wins the World Championship. Perhaps, this is what primarily inspired Fumie to make such a drastic change.

Fumie lives with a Japanese family in Chicago, so she eats japanese food all the time I reckon. The mom of the host family is a well known sports journalist in Japan. Her daughter is a novice skater and competed at one of the regionals in Japan. During the summer, on her website(the jornalist and a former skater, Tomoko Imagawa has a joint website) in her journal, she gave us some reports on Fumie's everyday life in Chicago.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
ks777 said:
Fumie lives with a Japanese family in Chicago, so she eats japanese food all the time I reckon. The mom of the host family is a well known sports journalist in Japan. Her daughter is a novice skater and competed at one of the regionals in Japan. During the summer, on her website(the jornalist and a former skater, Tomoko Imagawa has a joint website) in her journal, she gave us some reports on Fumie's everyday life in Chicago.
Do you have a link to the website? I would love to read what the journalist had to say.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ladies:
Sebestyen
Suguri
Kostner

Men:
Buttle
Sandhu
Lindemann

Pairs: