Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Win, Place and Show Predictions with Analysis

On the Ice
    I expect Onda. She stands on the podium in the Grand Prix series of all past 2 seasons. She is the skater who has sense of stability very much technically. It's true that the result of 4CC last year was bad. However, the cause has clarified. She caught a cold and was a high fever till SP's previous day. And also,The coach was changed this year. That will bring about influence good for her.

On the Ice
    My predictions are:

Dance:
    Denkova/Staviski gold
    Chait / Sakhnovski silver
    Wing / Lowe bronze

Pairs:
    Shen/Zhao gold
    Pang/Tong silver
    Borezenkova/Chuvilaevz bronze

Men:
    Emanuel Sandhu gold
    Ryan Jahnke silver
    Takeshi Honda bronze

Ladies:
    Julia Sebestyen gold
    Fumie Suguri silver
    Susanna Poykio bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Boo
    I see your point...moving to Chicago, a new coach, a new country, etc. Those are legitimate factors that could potentially affect her skating. Those factors definitely affected Volchkova adversely. It makes you wonder...what kind of support system does Fumie have in Chicago? She'll miss her family, Mr. Sato, her language, home cooked Japanese food...what a sacrifice! However, Fumie used to live in Alaska when she was young. This is where she first learned to skate. Well...moving to the U.S. and changing her coach really paid dividends for Arakawa...not even a year in the U.S., 2 different coaches...then she wins the World Championship. Perhaps, this is what primarily inspired Fumie to make such a drastic change.

Fumie lives with a Japanese family in Chicago, so she eats japanese food all the time I reckon. The mom of the host family is a well known sports journalist in Japan. Her daughter is a novice skater and competed at one of the regionals in Japan. During the summer, on her website(the jornalist and a former skater, Tomoko Imagawa has a joint website) in her journal, she gave us some reports on Fumie's everyday life in Chicago.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777
    Fumie lives with a Japanese family in Chicago, so she eats japanese food all the time I reckon. The mom of the host family is a well known sports journalist in Japan. Her daughter is a novice skater and competed at one of the regionals in Japan. During the summer, on her website(the jornalist and a former skater, Tomoko Imagawa has a joint website) in her journal, she gave us some reports on Fumie's everyday life in Chicago.
    Do you have a link to the website? I would love to read what the journalist had to say.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Go NJ Devils
    Ladies:
    Sebestyen
    Suguri
    Kostner

Men:
    Buttle
    Sandhu
    Lindemann

Pairs:
    Shen/Zhao
    Pang/Tong
    Langlois/Archetto

Dance:
    Denkova/Staviyski
    Delobel/Schoenfelder
    Dubreuil/Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt
    Do you have a link to the website? I would love to read what the journalist had to say.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Yes but it's only in Japanese though.. here is the link.
    http://homepage3.nifty.com/skate/

Custom Title
    Here are my predictions for men's and ladies.

Emanuel Sandhu - has the complete package and seems ready
    Jeff Buttle - lack of axel, quad will cost him, but other elements will keep him on the podium
    Ryan Jahnke - on a roll from SA

Fumie Suguri : her competition to lose
    Cynthia Phaneuf - she's on a roll, jumps are better now than at SA, judges love her
    Julia Sebestian - presentation will cause her to lose silver

Custom Title
    My Gold Picks without analysis were:

Jeffrey Buttle - he is a good competitor and I like his skating style and music interpretation very much
    Susanna Poykio - no need to explain why, LOL. Besides she could have won SA
    Shen and Zhao - they or Pang & Tong have the best chances to win
    Denkova & Staviyski - looking at the list of skaters, I would expect D&S to win this event

Marjaana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2