What are you looking forward to in 2017? | Golden Skate

What are you looking forward to in 2017?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Delurking to ask a question - as it seems everyone every where had a rough ending to 2016. :no: Trying to swing to the positive - what are you looking forward to in 2017. Can be anything, big or small.

My main "looking ahead" to is a first for me - I'm headed to Nome, Alaska for a few days to catch the finish of the Iditarod. I've never been to the West Coast of Alaska, it's really only accessible by boat (long boat ride) or plane (in smaller than I like planes). I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

Also planning to take another road trip to Fairbanks with my best friend and her kid sometime this summer.

Okay, someone else share now.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm hoping for peace and respect for our country and for people in general!!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taking more pictures!!! That's my resolution for the year. :yes:

That trip to Nome sounds very exciting. I hope you find the time to share your experience with us.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
1. More negative cancer tests
2. Planning a cruise to and around Hawaii
3. Setting a new camping record for event camping and motorcycle touring camping (Old record is 32 days a year)
4. Giving the USFS a piece of my mind about bait and switch techniques to sell tickets :laugh:
5. Sometime taking a small boat ride or small aircraft ride to the west coast of Alaska
6. Taking less pictures and enjoying events more
7. Hopes? Like Dee4707 I have lots of hopes like world peace and no cheating at sports/ skating events but no illusions about miracles. I like to hope that I try and become a bit better person every year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Sam - I will definitely blog about it, so I'll probably pop in and give some high lights on here as well... maybe... if I remember to. Haha. I'm so scattered these days with life/work/everything. I don't do half of the blogging I want to do much less coming over here to check in! But I will try!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
sort of plans list

• Russian Juniour Champs live & cheering for our local SPb skaters & to see Polina's GoT SP :bow:
  • I plan to go to Hungary (Heviz) & plan to bother Plushyfan with my questions :laugh:
    I really havent been abroad for vacation the last 2 years so it will be exciting!:yahoo: Maybe can visit some other countries with my finnish Schengen visa
  • Plan to improve on my photoshop skills
  • Try to be less lazy & start going to my fitness club regularly
  • Going to Moscow next week to visit & pray @ the church with the relics of St. Matrona :bow:
  • Super excited about the new Pirates movie - Dead men tell no tales :hap93: Hope for great OST from Hanz Zimmer & skaters using it again in their programms
  • Thor 3 :agree: finally Mark Ruffalo has a role in a Marvel movie aside group Avengers movies:luv17:
  • The usual event/parade of Immortal regiment on May 9 Hopefully the # of countries participating will keep increasing too
  • Hopefully the exchange rates will stay good as its OK now
  • new season of GoT :biggrin:

Last edited:

Manitou

Medalist
A new America!

Figure skating related? Three Russian ladies on WC podium. Papadakis/Cizeron on top podium. All men performing their best in FS - no total collapse as in the GP finals.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I ended 2016 having cataracts removed & I am now celebrating the ability to once again read books & letters.
Attending a PBR bull riding competition in April (ticket & reservation were Christmas gifts)
Good health for all my family, friends & Golden Skate members
Success for my favorite athletes

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Toni, I am looking forward to hearing about your trip to Nome! May snow conditions be great for the Iditarod this year.

Otherwise, my year has started out pretty grim. January already has one family hospital stay, and I had to give up our tickets for Nationals, so I am looking forward to next month perhaps being an improvement.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Toni, I am looking forward to hearing about your trip to Nome! May snow conditions be great for the Iditarod this year.

Otherwise, my year has started out pretty grim. January already has one family hospital stay, and I had to give up our tickets for Nationals, so I am looking forward to next month perhaps being an improvement.

Best of luck! It seems every year something else on me breaks....Will miss you guys but hopefully will see you further down the road....:agree2: Thinking of San Jose?

heyang

Record Breaker
Getting a technical issue at work fixed up so I can do something more interesting.... I didn't cause the problem, but I end up needing to fix it and figure out how to explain ....Problem came up before Christmas, but it's taken this long to figure out what happened and work on how to fix. Sigh..

Would like to exercise more, but gotta figure out something that won't aggravate my stressed ankle ligament.

Getting more actively involved in community outside of work. I'm Community Service Co-Chair for my department at work, but want to do more outside of work.

Go into NYC at least every other month for fun - i.e visit Chinese American History museum, 9/11 Museum, see a show, etc.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
1. More negative cancer tests
2. Planning a cruise to and around Hawaii
3. Setting a new camping record for event camping and motorcycle touring camping (Old record is 32 days a year)
4. Giving the USFS a piece of my mind about bait and switch techniques to sell tickets :laugh:
5. Sometime taking a small boat ride or small aircraft ride to the west coast of Alaska
6. Taking less pictures and enjoying events more
7. Hopes? Like Dee4707 I have lots of hopes like world peace and no cheating at sports/ skating events but no illusions about miracles. I like to hope that I try and become a bit better person every year.

Hoping you have more negative cancer tests too. :ghug:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
health to everybody!:ghug:
thats after all the most important thing in life!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I ended 2016 having cataracts removed & I am now celebrating the ability to once again read books & letters.
Attending a PBR bull riding competition in April (ticket & reservation were Christmas gifts)
Good health for all my family, friends & Golden Skate members
Success for my favorite athletes

Glad you had successful surgery! Enjoy the books!

I'm sorry to hear health hasn't been the best for family. Crossing my fingers the year picks up for the positive!

So far the snow has cooperated. Right now it's -28* at my house. BRRRR! A little TOO cold, but better than what we've had the last few years. Next week is the Tustumena 200 so I'll be blogging about that, and then it'll be the final countdown to Iditarod and NOME! Very very excited and anxious for Nome at the same time!

my blog is here - http://tonichelle.blogspot.com not much on it that's not mushing these days.

Last edited: