Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Commercials

Best Commercials

Well, if we're going to have a thread about the most annoying commercials, we've got to have the flip side!

My favorite commercials are all things PUG and all things COW. That includes the asthma medication commercial with the pug and all the "Happy Cheese Comes From Happy Cows" commercials.

I love the series of "AFLAC" commercials. That duck "quacks" me up!

Staples did a commercial for the last few years that I liked (I haven't seen it this season). It shows a father joyfully going through the aisles of the store buying school supplies for his kids while they are looking really forlorn :( . He continues to put the supplies in his cart, flashing them in their faces. While he's doing this, you hear the song, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," and the phrase, "They're going back!" I think a lot of parents can probably relate to that feeling . As a teacher who dreads the end of the summer , I can relate to this one too.
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 08-05-2004 at 05:20 AM.

Custom Title
    I'm sure I have a lot of favorites. But the one that popped into my head is an annual Staples commercial that airs just about every August.

It's the one where a father is racing down the aisles skipping along to the music of "It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year" and gleefully throwing staplers, pencils, notebooks into the carriage. Then there's a shot of two kids with big frowns on their faces. It's the classic back-to-school commercial, and it always makes me laugh!

Oh, let's not forget about the terrific Staples commercial that airs every August where the father is gleefully wheeling his cart down the aisles while "It's the most wonderful time of the year" is playing in the background... :D :D :D

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    There were two commercials that actually cracked me up.

The first was the little boy shakes the pop and it squirts all over. Thinking the mom is going to get mad, the kid looks like uh-oh but the mom takes the hose off the sink and squirts the kid.

The next is the very large woman tacking up the lost and found sheet for her hamster and the guy notices the hamster crawling in her shirt top. The guy feels all the way to the front for the hamster and lady sprays him with pepper spray.

I have no idea what they are advertising for either commercial.

Dee

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    There was a commercial for some high end bathroom fixturing or shower head company where a couple was racing home and riping their clothes off on the way... it looked liked they were excited to get home if you know what i mean.... but really they were trying to beat one another to the shower.

Custom Title
    I have a weird sense of humor, but I like the one about "making your money work" (Orange Investments, maybe? Dunno.)- anyway, the guy gets out of bed and his dollar bills are all lying around like slackers, watching TV, squirting toothpaste, chasing each other (until he goes online for investment advice)......then there's a follow-up ad where he's going to go look for a car and all these excited little dollar bills are following him hopefully to the dealership. He doesn't buy the car and they all droop and turn away to walk home dejectedly.

I like the Bush Beans dog "Duke" giving out the secrets, and I too love those absolutely great "...Cheese from Happy Cows/Happy Cows from California"!! Those are the BEST!!

Rinkside
    My favorites are the AFLAC duck and Our wonderful Happy Cows from my own California. Busch Beans "Duke" is good too. as you can see I love animals.
    Last edited by Donna ML; 08-05-2004 at 04:05 PM.

Moving Forward
    I laughed so hard at this commercial, I got the hic-ups:

http://www.dr-joe.net/flash/NoCandy.htm

Be warned, it takes a while to load (forever on a dial-up!) and if you are at work, turn the sound down.

Nan

Alice Cooper is in one of the back to school supply commercials too.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NansXOXOX
    I laughed so hard at this commercial, I got the hic-ups:

http://www.dr-joe.net/flash/NoCandy.htm

Be warned, it takes a while to load (forever on a dial-up!) and if you are at work, turn the sound down.

Nan
    That one is priceless!!!

Master Procrastinator
    I love that Staples commercial! I haven't seen it this year, though. I'm a teacher, too, so I totally feel for those kids! There are so many good commercials, but of course my mind is blank right now. I prefer the ones that are clever and funny to the sappy, pull at your heart strings ones.

Oh, how about the one where the guy sees a little red dress in his house and immediately assumes it is his wife's, so he gets this "high expectations" look on his face. Then his daughter comes in and it's *her* dress.

How come most of the good commercials from the Super Bowl don't get shown year round? You never see them again after the game.

I have always loved all the Energizer Bunny commercials--especially those where they made you think you were watching a commercial for another product then along came the bunny interrupting the scene, banging on his little drum. I even have a stuffed Energizer Bunny doll--really cute. Came with little sandals, sunglasses and a little drum set.

Custom Title
    I am probably one of the few who love commercials. I am always amazed at the creativity used to promote products.

A few of my faves:

1) The little boy in the kitchen tearing apart a box of cookies and m&m bars, and apologizing to the dog. He then proceeds to put all the treat squares in his backpack and hollers to mom that the dog ate all the cookies again!

2) The series of commercials about advil ( i think). First commercial has the kids in mom's back seat singing the never ending song. Commercial 2 is the mom dropping off the kids at the birthday party and the newly annoyed mother with a house full of kids singing the song. Commercial 3 shows a clown running desparately away from the house, song still being sung in the background.

3) Not sure if you get these commercials in the US, but there is a series of commercials advertising Alexander Keiths beer.

4) The commercials for the insurance company where the squirrels run out, cause an accident and then high five each other.

5) The block buster commercials with the hamster and the bunny in the pet store accross the street.

Give me some more time, I am sure I will remember some more!

Canuck

Canuck, those are all good ones.The M&M one really cracks me up. Especially when I see the fine print at the bottom of the screen, "Do not feed chocolate to dogs."

I love Alexander Keith's...YOU BIG SPILLY PANTS!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast