Best Commercials | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best Commercials

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Remember Sparky Alka Seltzer? Loved him.
Remember Calling Phillip Morris? Not bad.
I can't remember the name of the stores but there was a clothing store chain that had Khaki commercials with different kinds of music and no talking. I loved the jive one. I think one of the companies it owns is Old Navy.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Another back to school commecial worth mentioning has the kids super excited about the school supplies the mom has just brought home. They are jumping up and down and going crazy saying things like, "Glue! I can't believe you got me glue!". And the male voice over explains that the kids are only actors, and are only acting excited because they are being paid for it.

JOHIO2

Medalist
One I miss that was used for several years..........a Pizza Hut commercial, sung to the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas. It was the twelve days of turkey. Who can forget.."flaming turkey wings!"

And I happen to like the gecko and the AFLAC duck.

Any and all commercials with Jack Russell Terriers in them.
The Geico commercial where the Geico is in the family car and he starts singing "Everybody was kung-fu fightin'".
A couple old ones:
The litterbug one where the Indian cries.
Coke's "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"
I think these premiered during a Super Bowl: The one where Ozzy Osborne is in bed with "Carole Brady" and one where a guy finds his dog laying on the bed in front of the blasing A/C, he lays down next to him and says "Good Dog". I don't even know what the commercials were for, just know I got a kick out of them!

I know there must be others but I can't think of them....

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I like the one with the guys in the office playing golf and hitting golf balls all over the place and pretty much breaking everything in sight....

RealtorGal -- did you hear about the lawsuit that some animal-rights group brought against the "Good Cheese comes from Happy Cows" campaign? They claim that it's false advertising because the cows are, in fact, miserable. I swear I am not making this up. They filed it about a year and a half ago; I haven't heard anything about it since.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Well, unless the cheese you are eating is organic and comes from free range cows, yeah, the cows are treated miserably. Go to a commercial farm someday and then tell me if those animals are happy.

I haven't heard about the lawsuit, but it doesn't surprise me. I doubt they'll win anything, though, but maybe it will draw more needed attention to the way animals are treated.

That said, I do like the commercial because I like most commercials with animals in them.

Laura :)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
PrincessLeppard said:
Well, unless the cheese you are eating is organic and comes from free range cows, yeah, the cows are treated miserably. Go to a commercial farm someday and then tell me if those animals are happy.

Oh, I agree that the cows are not happy -- but from a legal standpoint, IMO suing over the commercials would be about the same principle as suing Keebler for false advertising for claiming that their cookies are made by elves in a tree.

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
................... suing Keebler for false advertising for claiming that their cookies are made by elves in a tree.
You mean they aren't? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh boy, now the next thing you will be telling me is that there is no Easter Bunny either..........right? ;)

Nan

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NansXOXOX said:
I laughed so hard at this commercial, I got the hic-ups:
http://www.dr-joe.net/flash/NoCandy.htm
Be warned, it takes a while to load (forever on a dial-up!) and if you are at work, turn the sound down.Nan
I love the surprise ending!!!
Oh boy, now the next thing you will be telling me is that there is no Easter Bunny either..........right?
And Nan, they will probably try to convince us there is no SANTA!!! :eek:

DEE

Lucy25

Final Flight
The mention of the Easter Bunny made me remember one of my favorite commericals of all time. It is the one for Toys R Us around Easter time with bunnies singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail". Their voices are just too cute. That commercial puts a grin on my face every year.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love the one where the guy's girl leaves town for a few days, and leaves behind a dress, dried with a memorable "fabric softner". The smell of the dress reminds him of her, so he dresses a cardboard cut out (I think) of a woman with the dress and dances with it. His girl comes home only to see a shadow of her guy dancing with some "other girl"........it's a crack-up....42

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for reminding me about the Alka-Seltzer - "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" commericals. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also always liked the "Life" cereal commercials with Mikey. :)

Although my favorite Staples commercial is the one I mentioned before, I think the new one with Alice Cooper is pretty clever. ;)

Other ones that come to mind are the polar bear commercials from Coca-Cola. I :love: all those grunting sounds the polar bears make. :laugh: