Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Commercials

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Oh, let's not forget about the terrific Staples commercial that airs every August where the father is gleefully wheeling his cart down the aisles while "It's the most wonderful time of the year" is playing in the background... :D :D :D
    One of my all-time favorites as well. I haven't seen it this year either. They seem to have made others instead but that will alway be the best.

I love all the M&M commercials. One of the best is the one where the M&M guys are sitting in the store eating bags of M&M's. The customer tells them it's disturbing. I like the Color My World commericial they run now.

I like the porcupine Snuggle commericials. I think he's cuter than the teddy bear.

And I liked the old coffee commercials with the continuing story. I can't remember what coffee it was.

I also thought the beer "Wazzup" commercials were a hoot.

Custom Title
    I also like the new Staples commercial with Alice Cooper in it. Of course, it is based on his hit, "School's Out for Summer". I just saw it in the last day or two and thought it was pretty good. I also like the AFLAC commercials. I also liked the old Alka-Selzer ads--the "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" and "Mama Mia, that'sa spicy meatball" ones. I also liked the ad where the two Hershey's Kisses were skating pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie

And I liked the old coffee commercials with the continuing story. I can't remember what coffee it was.
    I loved those commercials for "Taster's Choice". OTOH hated the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" couple.

Hear is some info on the Taster's Choice couple......

http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_tasterschoice.htm
    Last edited by Piel; 08-06-2004 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Piel. Plus, when I clicked on the site, I was selected to win a $998 Home Entertainment Center and a 7 day Disney Cruise to the Bahamas!

As far as great commercials, in the My Masculine Side category, I nominate any Budweiser commercial featuring the Clydesdale horses.

("Here...comes...the...King!, Here comes the King, here comes the...Big Number One! Bum, bum, bum...Budweiser, the beer that's second to none!, Bum, bum, bum, bum,..."

Best in that series: the football playing horses where they kick an extra point, and the punch line is, "Sometimes they go for two."

In the My Feminine Side category, I'm a sucker for any commercial for Hallmark Cards. My favorite: the little girl who bought a birthday card for her gruff old piano teacher. "Oh, I knew it was your birthday, But you didn't know I knew!"

I was bawling like a baby, LOL.

Mathman

Remember Sparky Alka Seltzer? Loved him.
    Remember Calling Phillip Morris? Not bad.
    I can't remember the name of the stores but there was a clothing store chain that had Khaki commercials with different kinds of music and no talking. I loved the jive one. I think one of the companies it owns is Old Navy.

Master Procrastinator
    Another back to school commecial worth mentioning has the kids super excited about the school supplies the mom has just brought home. They are jumping up and down and going crazy saying things like, "Glue! I can't believe you got me glue!". And the male voice over explains that the kids are only actors, and are only acting excited because they are being paid for it.

Sal-Kowabunga!
    One I miss that was used for several years..........a Pizza Hut commercial, sung to the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas. It was the twelve days of turkey. Who can forget.."flaming turkey wings!"

And I happen to like the gecko and the AFLAC duck.

Any and all commercials with Jack Russell Terriers in them.
    The Geico commercial where the Geico is in the family car and he starts singing "Everybody was kung-fu fightin'".
    A couple old ones:
    The litterbug one where the Indian cries.
    Coke's "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"
    I think these premiered during a Super Bowl: The one where Ozzy Osborne is in bed with "Carole Brady" and one where a guy finds his dog laying on the bed in front of the blasing A/C, he lays down next to him and says "Good Dog". I don't even know what the commercials were for, just know I got a kick out of them!

I know there must be others but I can't think of them....

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I like the one with the guys in the office playing golf and hitting golf balls all over the place and pretty much breaking everything in sight....

RealtorGal -- did you hear about the lawsuit that some animal-rights group brought against the "Good Cheese comes from Happy Cows" campaign? They claim that it's false advertising because the cows are, in fact, miserable. I swear I am not making this up. They filed it about a year and a half ago; I haven't heard anything about it since.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Well, unless the cheese you are eating is organic and comes from free range cows, yeah, the cows are treated miserably. Go to a commercial farm someday and then tell me if those animals are happy.

I haven't heard about the lawsuit, but it doesn't surprise me. I doubt they'll win anything, though, but maybe it will draw more needed attention to the way animals are treated.

That said, I do like the commercial because I like most commercials with animals in them.

Laura

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    Well, unless the cheese you are eating is organic and comes from free range cows, yeah, the cows are treated miserably. Go to a commercial farm someday and then tell me if those animals are happy.
    Oh, I agree that the cows are not happy -- but from a legal standpoint, IMO suing over the commercials would be about the same principle as suing Keebler for false advertising for claiming that their cookies are made by elves in a tree.

Moving Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    ................... suing Keebler for false advertising for claiming that their cookies are made by elves in a tree.
    You mean they aren't?

Oh boy, now the next thing you will be telling me is that there is no Easter Bunny either..........right?

Nan

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NansXOXOX
    I laughed so hard at this commercial, I got the hic-ups:
    http://www.dr-joe.net/flash/NoCandy.htm
    Be warned, it takes a while to load (forever on a dial-up!) and if you are at work, turn the sound down.Nan
    I love the surprise ending!!!
    Oh boy, now the next thing you will be telling me is that there is no Easter Bunny either..........right?
    And Nan, they will probably try to convince us there is no SANTA!!!

DEE

Master Procrastinator
    The mention of the Easter Bunny made me remember one of my favorite commericals of all time. It is the one for Toys R Us around Easter time with bunnies singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail". Their voices are just too cute. That commercial puts a grin on my face every year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast