Favorite Ilia Kulik program | Golden Skate

Favorite Ilia Kulik program

What is your most favorite Ilia Kulik program?

• Rhapsody in Blue (98 LP)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Rubberband man (pro)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lieberstraum (Ex)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • House is not a home (Pro)

• Grieg's concerto in A minor (Pro)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Green Tomatoes (Pro)

• Addams family (SP)

• Romeo & Juliet (97 LP)

• Pick up the pieces (Pro)

• Other

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Medalist
What is your most favorite Ilia Kulik program or performance? Include SP, LP, Ex and Pros.

Germanice

On the Ice
Where's Jaana??? ;) Well, this poll forced me to watch some old tapes again (thanx to Jaana for providing me!).

From the list I've voted for "Liebestraum", what a beautiful skate that was! Everything looked so effortless!

Out of the list I'd say "Rockit", such an unique, individual program! And not to forget "Casi un bolero", which he did with Katia, one of my favourites of all time, it still gives me goosebumps!!!

All those different programs only shows what a great and versatile skater Ilia is! Too bad he's that much underrated. How I wish he'd be with SOI instead of Eldredge! :mad: However ... hope I'll see him in Krefeld!!!

Anke

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I'd have to go with "Rhapsody in Blue". It was such a well put together program and really highlighted Kulik's strengths. He also skated with such confidence, security and smoothness.

soogar

Record Breaker
I voted for Rhapsody, but really I haven't seen Ilya skate a bad program yet. He is an amazing professional skater and had he been American, he would still be on SOI and have tons of work. It really makes me :mad: that such a hardworking skater who has kept up his technical level and creates interesting and entertaining programs does not have a real forum to showcase his talents. I like Eldredge's skating, but he's nowhere near the class of skater Ilya is. I would love to see more of Ilya's skating on American television.

Altho I do appreciate "dramatic" and "serious" programs, I am more drawn to and enjoy fun and entertaining programs, therefore, I voted "other" for "Rockit".

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
LOL, Anke, here I am... Only saw this voting now.

Very difficult to choose as many Ilia´s programmes are about as big favourites to me. This time I decided for a new programme: A House Is Not A Home. Have you seen that, Anke?

I could as well have chosen Rhapsody in Blue, Addams Family, Liebestraume, Rockit, Mortal Kombat, LOL.

Johar, the sword programme is called Mortal Kombat. That is one of my favourites too, really awesome. My favourite performance is from Grand Prix Finals in December, 1997.

Marjaana

P.S. Anke what is in Krefeld?

Last edited:

All that Jazz

Rinkside
soogar said:
... He is an amazing professional skater and had he been American, he would still be on SOI and have tons of work. It really makes me :mad: that such a hardworking skater who has kept up his technical level and creates interesting and entertaining programs does not have a real forum to showcase his talents. I like Eldredge's skating, but he's nowhere near the class of skater Ilya is. ...
With all due respect for Todd: This is sooo true! :( :\

I've choosen "Rhapsody", cause of simple greatness. And the way he kept his nerves, skating at the beginning of the last group!

Last edited:

Muse

Rinkside
I voted for other, because there were simply too many to pick. Rendezvous, Seisouso, Revolutions, Blues for Narada, Romeo & Juliet, Addams' Family, Aladdin, and Faust for me. :D :)

Meredith

Spectator
So many choices!

It's not easy to choose just one but I chose Liebestraum, nevertheless. It's not the first Ilia program to make me say, "Ooooohhhh," but it was the first to bring tears to my eyes.

Anke hit the nail on the head: Ilia's versitality makes him unique. So does his inventiveness.

Meredith

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
What a talented skater Ilia is and a joy to watch.........out of the programs listed, I chose "Rubberband Man" for its musicality and his flexibility as a skater......42

Germanice

On the Ice
Jaana, I haven't seen "A house is not a home" yet. As you said, it's a new program. Sigh! :mad:

There's a Kati Witt gala in Krefeld at the begin of December this year, and I'll probably go. The cast is still unknown, but since there's a promise to present a whole lot of Champions, I'm hoping for Ilia at least (I don't think Alexei will be there).

If I find the link, I'll let you know.

Anke

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks, Anke! A German show would be also a much bigger possibility for me than the Belgian SOI one (Antwerp) Ilia and Katia are doing on November 20 & 21.

Anke, Ilia´s past season´s shows plus Ice Wars have been shown on a German pay TV channel (Premiere) and I also got tapes from those that I could copy. Or maybe you know somebody in Germany that could help?

Marjaana

Germanice

On the Ice
"Ice Wars", you've said, on Premiere? In this case I'm gonna get it from a friend of mine. Thanx for your offer anyway! ;)

Jaana, the German show in Krefeld is on December the 10th. Right now the cast doesn't look promising at all (GOD, I HATE those "ice artistes", what've they to do with real FS???), I guess we've to check it back from time to time. The link is:

http://www.koenigpalast.de/ (Veranstaltungen)

Anke

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Germanice said:
"Ice Wars", you've said, on Premiere? In this case I'm gonna get it from a friend of mine. Thanx for your offer anyway! ;)

Jaana, the German show in Krefeld is on December the 10th. Right now the cast doesn't look promising at all (GOD, I HATE those "ice artists", what've they to do with real FS???), I guess we've to check it back from time to time. The link is:

http://www.koenigpalast.de/ (Veranstaltungen)

Anke

Yes, Ice Wars competition as well as Burt Bacharach Tribute, Holiday Spectacular On Ice and Holiday Ice Dreams all were shown on Premiere. I would recommend especially Ice Wars, Bacharach and Holiday Ice Dreams. In the last one besides really interesting skating, Daria Grinkova was co-hosting and Ilia and Katia spoke a little bit about their family and a few family photos (e.g. baby Liza in two photos) were shown.

Anke, thanks for the Krefeld link, we will keep our fingers crossed, LOL...

Marjaana