Rick James Found Dead | Golden Skate

Rick James Found Dead

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
He didn't make the best choices and he wasn't the best person, but I still hate to hear this. Oh well....the skit about him on the "Dave Chappelle Show" is beyond hilarious. "I'm Rick James, b&*tch!" :laugh:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
One less twisted psycho in the world. "Super Freak" sums it up. :p

True, but I loved the Ally McBeal Superfreak episode.

What are "natural causes" at age 56? :confused:

Last edited:

bronxgirl

Medalist
Piel said:
What are "natural causes" at age 56? :confused:

Cocaine does nasty things to the heart (both arteries and the muscle itself). It takes its toll, even if he'd been clean and sober for a few years.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Anyones' death is a sad event. We should not speak ill of someone after their parting. It shows little respect. People in the entertainment world often live bizarre lives, it's a crazy world. John Belushi went the same way and so did John Bohnam (Bonzo) of Led Zeppelin. All died much too young. How tragic.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
James was convicted in 1993 of assaulting two women. The first attack occurred in 1991 when he restrained and burned a young woman with a hot pipe during a cocaine binge at his house in West Hollywood. He was free on bail when the second assault occurred in 1992 in James' hotel room.

James served more than two years in Folsom Prison.

From what I understand, "restrained" meant he and his girlfriend tied the woman to a chair before burning her. I have absolutely no respect for someone who could do such things to women. If he weren't "famous," I don't believe he would incur a shred of sympathy. People cut him some slack because of his contribution to the music world.

Last edited:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I see a big memorial skit on the dave chapelle show coming on. Rick james floating arounds like a ghost or something.