Was it a split panel on ... | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Was it a split panel on ...

Kasey

Medalist
I think Wylie and Petrenko had similar mistakes...however, I think Viktor had more severe mistakes. After one jump, both hands were on the ice, and his butt was RRRIIIIGHHHHTTTT there as well! Paul had no such extreme mistake. Both had great energy, and good choreography, although I think Wylie's was better. I remember watching this, and my sister was very much for Petrenko...and after she saw Wylie skate, she said "oh well, silver is good for Viktor". I thought the same. I'm glad Paul is the quality kind of person he is, and was proud of himself and happy with his medal....but there will always be people who will think it should have been gold.

Barna, in my opinion, had very interesting choreography, but it was presently rather flatly that night, and the program was designed as more subdued, rather than the higher energy kind. I think that worked against him, because I think his presentation of it didn't reach the audience as much as the other two.

Kasey

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
I thought the first 2/3rds of Barna's LP were excellent, but I think the fall and the final minute of music kind of deflated his program. I wish he'd chosen another cut of music to end it with, although I get what he was trying to do dramatically. It's not like Hamlet had a happy & peppy ending in the story.

Petrenko didn't end strongly jump wise, but the choreo & music picked up at the end. Paul ended with the footwork into 3-toe, Russian splits, then fast scratch spin to end. That Henry V program was just perfectly designed.