Adam Rippon Out of Nationals | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon Out of Nationals

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So sad to hear this news. Wishing Adam a speedy recovery.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Jan. 9, 2017) – U.S. Figure Skating announced today Adam Rippon, the reigning U.S. champion, has withdrawn from the 2017 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships due to injury. Rippon broke his left foot and sprained the same ankle during an off‐ice warm up on Friday, Jan. 6.

"I am heartbroken that I won't be able to defend my title at the 2017 U.S. Championships,” Rippon said. “Despite breaking my foot in a fluke accident off the ice, I am determined to grow from this and come back ever stronger. I will use this as an opportunity to improve so that I can be fully prepared for next season and be at my very best to compete for a spot at the 2018 Olympic Games."

Rippon is expected to be off the ice for eight to 12 weeks and will resume training with his medical team’s guidance.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Arggggh! No! :sad21:

I was very much looking forward to seeing that fabulous short program again.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no!!!!!:( Get well soon, Adam! I may be a Jason uber, but I like to see *all* the US men give it all their best! And I do love me my fellow Northeast Pennsylvanian:biggrin:

desertskates

Medalist
Oh no :sad4: So sad for him. I really thought he had a lot of momentum and seemed clearly on his way to Worlds again. I really hope he keeps that magical long program for next year. It's become one of my favorite men's programs of all time. Hope his healing process goes smoothly for him.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Oh no.....hope he'll be able to come back in time for next season. Get well soon Adam!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:sad4:

My dream U.S. team for Worlds is with Nathan and Adam, but what a disappointing new to hear. Adam has had a great season for his career, but the injury is so unfortunate. I've wanted to see his gorgeous LP at Worlds, sigh... :sad46:

I wish him a full and speedy recovery, so that he can fulfill his dream for 2018 Olympics.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Absolutely terrible news for Adam. He finally wins his Title and now he won't be able to defend it. Don't our men only have 2 spots for Worlds? Here's hoping Max can ride his big jumps, consistency, and improved PCS numbers to get himself a second Title. I guess this makes Nathan the front runner for Nationals. Actually, after the GPF, I guess Nathan was already the front runner. With Nathan, Max, Jason, Ross, Grant, Timothy, and Alex Johnson. Nationals will be an all out battle for the Men.

I'm sure he's not thinking about it right now but, I hope Adam stays close to the rink during his recovery. Here's why. I think he can be a huge source of inspiration for Ashley, Nathan, and Mariah Bell. I popped my hip flexor when I was on tour and instead of staying at the hotel during rehearsal, I went to every one of them. It kept me hungry to get healthy and get back in the show. Also, while Raf is training other team members, Adam could easily work with Nathan, Ashley, or any other member of Raf's stable of skaters. It will help to keep his mind sharp even while his body is in recovery mode. I hope that made sense.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Ah hell, now that's terrible news and that's not a small injury either :hopelessness: I wish him a speedy recovery, so that he can try for the PC fully fit!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
This is terrible news. That short program NEEDED to be unleashed at US Nationals.

It sounds serious but I hope for a full and rapid recovery.

sheetz

Record Breaker
What a shame. Sounds like a pretty intense off-ice warmup that you can break your foot?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
An accident during an off‐ice warm up, what a great pity!!! Get well quickly and obey your doctors!!!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear about this and wish Adam a speedy recovery. Will have to keep watching his TDF videos for the rest of the season.

It will make the fight for the 2 Worlds spots a bit less interesting.