Adam Rippon Out of Nationals | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon Out of Nationals

slider11

Medalist
VERY unfortunate! BUT...remember that Adam had originally intended to hold his "Birds" LP for next year but decided not to wait. Now he can do do just that and make it and him stronger and better. I personally would like to see him get a new SP. His current SP is a sassy exhibition but I'd like him to take a more sophisticated bent with a new SP for 2017-18. But the "Birds" should definitely migrate back!

Rissa

Record Breaker
^^^

The SP is what I had to look forward the most in Helsinki...

(Now I'm starting to think that I'll have to shell out the money for Milan somehow)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
for me it's probably the saddest news of the season so far...Two crazy good programs and one special skater, why?!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Darn - such bad luck for Adam. So sorry to hear. Hope he takes a proper recovery time and comes back fighting!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Speedy recovery Adam!! Your panache and artistry will be missed ...

LauraV

On the Ice
Very sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to seeing Adam compete at Nats and Worlds.

I wish him all the best for a full recovery and a great comeback in the Olympic Season!!

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
:eekn::sad4::eek:

WOW. I am shocked. This is so sad. I can't believe Adam will not be there.
It is shocking. Last year Jason and now Adam. Throughout his career Adam has been very good about not getting injured. WOW. :disapp:

liv

Record Breaker
That is awful. Feel badly for him. He brought something different to the table. Guess there will be no sass in the men's event at US Nationals. Well, speedy recovery Adam.

amc987

On the Ice
I was looking forward to seeing Adam skate those fabulous programs (especially his free program) at Nationals and Worlds. What a bummer. :cry::cry::cry:

I guess it's better that this happened in the pre-Olympic season. Hope Adam recovers well and comes back better than ever next season!

musicfan80

Medalist
That is awful news - and just before U.S. Nationals. I hope he makes a complete recovery and can at least do some shows this late spring or even the summer if it take awhile.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Damn, that's unfortunate.

But the bright spot is this: it wasn't his landing foot. :yes:

:ghug: for Adam and his fans.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Link to full AUDIO of Adam's media teleconference earlier today.

His withdrawal/injuries had not been previously revealed to the journalists on the call, so they were hearing the announcement for the first time ... directly from the horse's mouth:

(Lynn Rutherford and Nick Zaccardi have published articles based on Adam's teleconference.
Hersh did some live-tweeting.)

Damn, that's unfortunate.

But the bright spot is this: it wasn't his landing foot. :yes:

:ghug: for Adam and his fans.

Appreciate the silver lining, karne.

Sad for Adam :sad4:. Ditto re the hug :ghug:.

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
Just when he finally seemed to start getting it together. I feel awful for him - and for us. But that IS a good point Karne. thank you for pointing that out. If it was his landing foot it would be even worse.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ugh & ouch. It sucks. :( He's my favourite American skater also right now.

I wish speedy recovery but it means likely no Adam for this season anymore. Hopefully he keeps his LP. Maybe he may skate at WTT even if very unlikely, Jason returned to similar event last year after injury.

Last edited:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Link to full AUDIO of Adam's media teleconference today -- in which he discussed his withdrawal and injuries:

(Lynn Rutherford and Nick Zaccardi have published articles based on Adam's teleconference.
Hersh did some live-tweeting.)

Appreciate the silver lining, karne.

Sad for Adam :sad4:. Ditto re the hug :ghug:.

Phil Hersh is a tool, why did he have to go there. Very inappropriate

Thank you for posting the teleconference.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wish speedy recovery but it means likelyno Adam for this season anymore. Hopefully he keeps his LP. Maybe he can come back at WTT, Jason returned to similar event last year after injury.

I don't know, the prognosis is 8-12 weeks. 12 weeks would be mid-March, and that's only coming back to the ice. WTT will be less than six weeks later. I have a feeling we won't see Adam again this season.

Jason did come back at TCC, but he had been back on the ice for four months by then.

Phil Hersh is a tool, why did he have to go there. Very inappropriate

What did he say?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I don't know, the prognosis is 8-12 weeks. 12 weeks would be mid-March, and that's only coming back to the ice. WTT will be less than six weeks later. I have a feeling we won't see Adam again this season.

Jason did come back at TCC, but he had been back on the ice for four months by then.

What did he say?

Adam's teleconference started off with him reading a statement about his injury and withdrawal. Then the journalists began to ask questions, e.g., when are you going to Colorado to start rehab.

Phil Hersh then asked out of the blue something like, can you tell us what changes you've noticed in Nathan over the past year?

Adam: that's totally inappropriate Phil.

Dead silence.

Go Adam! And get well soon.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
What did he say?

All the other journalist were asking about Adam's foot and wishing him well and then it is Phil's turn to ask Adam a question and he essentially asks "Adam you train alongside Nathan Chen, can you tell me what impresses you the most about Nathan?" Like that was his one question to Adam , not about his health or future, but about Nathan.
Just kinda does't belong in this teleconference, kind of rude. It actually made Phil look like an a**.

But Adam handled it very well.

Ugg still in shock.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Adam's teleconference started off with him reading a statement about his injury and withdrawal. Then the journalists began to ask questions, e.g., when are you going to Colorado to start rehab.

Phil Hersh then asked out of the blue something like, can you tell us what changes you've noticed in Nathan over the past year?

Adam: that's totally inappropriate Phil.

Dead silence.

Go Adam! And get well soon.

Total dead silence. Phil needs to go sit in a corner.