angry cat in cockpit forces emergency landing | Golden Skate

angry cat in cockpit forces emergency landing

Johar

Medalist
Holy cow! :eek:

Aug 10, 9:33 AM (ET)

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - A Belgian airliner made an emergency landing after an agitated passenger - a cat - got into the cockpit and attacked the co-pilot, the airline said Tuesday.

The SN Brussels flight from the Belgian capital to Vienna, Austria, had been in the air about 20 minutes Monday when "it was noticed" that a passenger's pet had escaped from its cage, "although it is not yet clear how," according to an airline statement.

"Once free, the animal proceeded to wander around the cabin," slipping into the cockpit when meals were being delivered to the two-man flight crew, it said.

"At this stage the animal became agitated and nervous," it said. An airline spokeswoman added that the cat scratched the copilot's arm.

The pilot decided to return to Brussels as a precaution, and the 58 passengers departed once more two hours later on another flight.

The cat had been checked in Oslo, Norway, in an internationally approved "flight transport bag," but the airline said it may end up changing its procedures for pets in the cabin once it concludes its investigation.

"At no time throughout the incident was the passengers' security affected in any way," it said.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I hope they don't change the rules. If I move overseas, I want to take my cat with me in passenger cabin. I'm assuming that's where the cat was? Did the owner not notice the cat was missing? Poor kitty.

Laura

Antilles

Medalist
I saw this earlier. I can't believe they had to end the flight over a cat! What does this tell you about their terrorism plans?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Man, that is one angry cat!!! I guess that pilot will be telling that tale (tail? ha, ha) for some time to come!!!!

:laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I saw this earlier. I can't believe they had to end the flight over a cat! What does this tell you about their terrorism plans?

That the cat was a holy terror? :eek:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PrincessLeppard said:
I hope they don't change the rules. If I move overseas, I want to take my cat with me in passenger cabin.Laura
Why would you want to do that? Move overseas that is. What would Nathan and I do if we can't torment you???

Dee

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Because, Dee, there are no hot European men living in Omaha. :p We'll see, though. It all depends on what happens in November....

That said, if my cat got out of his cage on a plane, seeing as he's 15 pounds of solid, determinded cat, I can totally see him attacking the pilot. :laugh: But, yes, if a freakin' CAT can force a plane to land, there really isnt a lot of hope if a terrorist takes over.

Laura