• Shizuka Arakawa

1 3.33%
  • Other (Please Name!!!!!!!!!!)

12 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which ladies skater would be most likely to win "Jeopordy"

Banned

Which ladies skater would be most likely to win "Jeopordy"

Who would win. I don't know. Vote wisely.

Custom Title
    Sarah Hughes, Debi Thomas

The older, the better ....Dick Button and Peggy Fleming........42

Custom Title
    Not Dick. He'd never shut up.

Paul Wylie most definitely could win on Jeopardy.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Let's get older yet. Tenley Albright.

Other candidates would be Jenny Don (see Paula's article), and supposedly Alice Sue Claeys.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by SingAlto
    Not Dick. He'd never shut up.
    Either that, or he'd nitpick about the validity of the answers.....

I went with Kwan, but runners-up would include Thomas and Hughes. Actually, I've read a lot of profiles about up-and-coming US ladies who seem to be overacheivers in just about all areas who would probably do quite well.

Okay, saying that Michelle would win on Jeopardy! is carrying Michelle-love to a ridiculous extreme, don't you think? She can't even get through what is probably sophomore status at a state university! Surely there are many others who are much more motivated towards academics. Paul Wylie, Matt Savoie, Sarah Hughes, Amber Corwin, Tonia Kwiatkowski come immediately to mind. Irina Slutskaya and Maria B. are college grads--but they'd probably have a tough time on an American game show.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Okay, saying that Michelle would win on Jeopardy! is carrying Michelle-love to a ridiculous extreme, don't you think? She can't even get through what is probably sophomore status at a state university! Surely there are many others who are much more motivated towards academics. Paul Wylie, Matt Savoie, Sarah Hughes, Amber Corwin, Tonia Kwiatkowski come immediately to mind. Irina Slutskaya and Maria B. are college grads--but they'd probably have a tough time on an American game show.
    Jeopardy, like most TV game shows, tests general knowledge trivia. This has absolutely nothing to do with IQ or college attendance. Just because Debi got herself into Stanford pre-med doesn't mean that she could answer trivia questions about the English Monarchy. Anyone who dismisses UCLA as merely "a state school" like it's Eastern Cow State Tech clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

RealtorGal, I'm afraid that by responding to this thread you fell for Elfga's (= MWK, etc.) latest attempt to start a fight between Michelle fans and Sasha fans.

Mathman :\

Are you saying that MWK is not THE MWK???

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    RealtorGal, I'm afraid that by responding to this thread you fell for Elfga's (= MWK, etc.) latest attempt to start a fight between Michelle fans and Sasha fans.

Mathman :\
    Wow! You're right! Ok, I take it back. Michelle is brilliant and would definitely win on Jeopardy! No, wait! I'd say it would have to be a tie between Michelle AND Sasha! I'd say they're probably intellectual equals! :D

BTW, BG, I actually DO know about what I am talking. I have absolutely nothing against and am in no way being dismissive of UCLA--a very fine school--but it's not exactly Harvard. I'm a long-time CA resident and former college professor here, so I'm well aware of the hierarchy of educational institutions.
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 08-12-2004 at 11:09 PM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    What I'm trying to figure out is how anyone could ever get the impression, which seems to be implied, that Michelle is stupid. She may have her strange woo-woo spacy moments, but she is NOT stupid.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    BTW, BG, I actually DO know about what I am talking. I have absolutely nothing against and am in no way being dismissive of UCLA--a very fine school--but it's not exactly Harvard. I'm a long-time CA resident and former college professor here, so I'm well aware of the hierarchy of educational institutions.
    And that's why you picked Tonia and Matt?

Oh, for heaven's sake, I mentioned Tonia and Matt because they are both college GRADUATES period. Tonia (psychology) and Matt (political science) obviously value education enough to have earned their degrees. Yes, they would probably do quite well on Jeopardy!

Speaking of smarty pants, Lauren Galler-Rabinowitz has been accepted at both Harvard AND Yale, while her partner, David Mitchell, has recently graduated from Tufts Univ.

If we are talking about Pulitzers Prizes and Nobel Prizes, I believe the university which had students awarded the most was the City University of New York. This is a city university, not a state university, and not a private university.and not NYU. I'm an alumnus of Hunter College of the City University of New York. As for Trivia and quick recall, I am ok. Nothing special.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast