Tonights Canadian Idol Installment - much better | Golden Skate

Tonights Canadian Idol Installment - much better

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, I figured the gang would fare better with Lionel Richie's material. I must say, most of them did better. Still, I do not see what the fuss is about Kaleb's singing. They build his ego up incredibly. A bit over the top if you ask me. He needs some advice on attire and posture. Those faces he makes at the end are also disturbing. Elena was not quite as annoying but, will never win me over. I am not going to rush out and buy Elena CDs.

I thought Kalan did quite well at the beginning of the show. Much better than last week. It was nice to see something different. Jason, too showed a "softer" side.

Theresa was a bit weak, but managed to finish the song okay.

Jacob - well, too much. I much prefer watching Kurt skate to Brickhouse.

Shane was great.

All in all, I think Lionel Richie brought the program up a notch and gave it some class. It was getting pretty dull and needed something.

Thanks Lionel. :)

Kara Bear

Final Flight
My thoughts:

Kalen has moved into my favorite spot. At the end of the song when he sang the word "still", the look in his eyes made my heart go pitter patter. I just love this guy.

Shane: In the middle of his performance my boyfriend and I looked at each other and he said, "brutal." It was BAD! This guy needs to go NOW! Theres something so lame and unexciting about him.

Theresa: shes getting booooooring. I didn't like the scats.

Jacob: I've never been a fan of his. It was good to see him finally get some criticism from the judges.

Jason: this was exactly the kind of song I needed to hear from him. It will keep him in for a couple more weeks.

Kaleb: One word. "Lone-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
Can you drag out the "eeee" anymore dude? Why don't you try to put some more warbling in there too? BLAH!

Elena: That was not the Elena I have grown to like. I like the Elena of "Mary Jane" not the Elena of last night. I don't know what to call that

Unlike Sass, I did not think it was a great night last night. But it will be a close call to see whose going home. Hopefully its Shane.

mike79

On the Ice
Here's how I had them:

1. Elena: I completely agreed with the judges that this is how Elena should perform.

2. Kalan: Cheesy song, but he sang it well.

3. Theresa: Another cheesy song but her scatting was great.

4. Jacob: I like this guy but I was waiting for him to really break out with this song; instead he seemed quite happy to just dance.

5. Shane: I completely hate that song he sang, and he missed a few notes. He bores me to death. He comes off as so smug.

6. Kaleb: Easily his worst. He was completely off.

7. Jason: He can't sing. Period.

Predictions: Bottom 3 of Kaleb, Jason, and Shane with Shane going.

I don't know what was going through the judges heads. On American Idol these people would be put to task for missing notes, but apparently on CI missing notes means you get glowing reviews from the judges.

After last night there is no question in my mind that Kalan will win. I just hope he starts to show a little more personality while he performs.

I really hope Theresa sticks around until at least Big Band week. She should be amazing with that style.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
WOW,

I was totally shocked with the vote this week. I thought with all of the judges worshipping him, Kalen must have a big fan base. Although I'm not a fan, I know hes better than both Shane and Elena.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kara Bear said:
Sorry LAD, I really disagree with you about Shane.

Kara Bear:

I really did not see all of Shanes' performance to make a real criticsim; I was on the phone and only caught a few minutes of his song. More or less the recap. I always seem to miss one of them. A friend called, just as the show was starting. So disregard my comment.