Weblogs | Golden Skate

Weblogs

Suzy

On the Ice
Hi everyone. There's this one weblog that I like to visit occasionally. It's by a very interesting single 30-something woman. Anyway, when I visited the weblog today, she had a comment on there that someone from where she wishes to be employed "hit" her weblog today and she's terrified. She doesn't think this individual knows it's her weblog as she goes by a pseudonym, but she's not quite sure. She indicated that she may shut down her site and erase all her stuff or whatever. I think she might feel uncomfortable with someone who might know her personally would know all this personal information about herself that she has written about, i.e., that she sees a therapist, is on medications for mental conditions, employers, co-workers, that sort of thing.

My question is, can a person who has a website or a weblog tell how many hits they have per day, and how can they tell who has been visiting their site? How could she tell. I visit quite a few skating websites where one website "owner" also is a skating judge. Does he know like last names of people that visit his site?

Just curious. Thanks. :confused:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
There are ways to see how many hits a blog is receiving if you set up a site meter. Many weblogs provide this as a free service, and you can find the html code for it easily on the web. I'm not sure how she could have seen who exactly was looking at her site unless she examined their IP address or if they left her feedback or something.

I try to be very cautious about the information I put on my weblog, because you can never be sure about who will be reading it unless you keep it as a private journal that isnt hosted for the public.

Websites that enable cookies will have the ability to track who is loging on. But I wouldnt really worry about that on a hobby site like a figure skating forum.