Oksana Baiul to Join others in Hallmark Skating Spectacular | Golden Skate

Oksana Baiul to Join others in Hallmark Skating Spectacular

G

GSK8

Oksana Baiul to Join others in Hallmark Skating Spectacular

<strong>Press Release</strong>

<strong>Hallmark Skating Showcase Features Three Olympic Champions</strong>

Oksana Baiul Joins Boitano and Gordeeva at Skating Spectacular in Colorado Springs

(April 14, 2003 - New York) - The addition of Olympic gold medallist and World champion, Oksana Baiul, brings to three the number of Olympic champions who will be sharing the ice in celebration of Mother's Day at the Hallmark Skating Showcase, at the Colorado Springs World Arena, Friday, April 25, at 7:30 p.m. Hallmark Cards, Inc., is sponsoring this one-time skating event.

Baiul, who is returning to the ice after a two-year hiatus, won the gold medal in women's figure skating for her lyrical performance at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway. She will be joined by Olympic and World champion, Brian Boitano and two-time Olympic pair champion, Ekaterina Gordeeva.

Also skating in this special event, will be three-time U.S. National pair champions and World silver medalists, Jenni Meno and Todd Sand, two-time Olympic silver medalist and World champion Brian Orser and Four Continents and World Junior champion, Jennifer Kirk.

Recently added to the cast will be two-time European champion and Olympic medalist, "Jumpin'" Josef Sabovcik, European bronze medalist and Russian National silver medalist, Victoria Volchkova, Junior National champion, Parker Pennington, current Novice National champion, Colin Pennington and Junior National medalist, Danielle Kahle.

Lea Ann Miller, United States World and Olympic team member, is the director for the event. Brian Orser will serve as choreographer. A portion of the live performance will be televised on the CBS Network Saturday, May 3, between 2:00 and 3:00 pm EDT.

Tickets, which range in price between $19.50 and $39.50 (special VIP seating also available upon request) are currently on sale at the World Arena box office, all TicketsWest locations or by calling (866) 464-2626, or online at www.ticketswest.com. Senior, child, and military discounts are available. Group discounts are available by calling (719) 477-2100.

<strong>About Hallmark</strong>:

Kansas City-based Hallmark is known throughout the world for its greeting cards, related personal expression products, and television's most honored and enduring dramatic series, the Hallmark Hall of Fame. The company's Hallmark Entertainment, Inc. subsidiary is the world's leading producer of movies and mini-series for television; its Binney & Smith subsidiary, maker of Crayola® crayons and markers, is the leading producer of art materials for children and students. Through licensing leadership and joint ventures, Hallmark continues to expand its product formats and distribution avenues. The company publishes products in more than 30 languages and distributes them in more than 100 countries through a multi-national strategy. In 2002, Hallmark reported consolidated net revenues of $4.2 billion.

S

Show 42

Re: Oksana Baiul to Join others in Hallmark Skating Spectacu

....Even though I'm on the west coast, I'm interested...any chance of the event being televised??? 42

J

John King

Oksana Baiul to join others in Hallmark Skating Spectacular

Wow!Thanks,Paula!:D I can hardly wait!

G

Grgranny

Re: Oksana Baiul to join others in Hallmark Skating Spectacu

I see they even made you do their commercial! :rollin:

G

GSK8

I <span style="text-decoration:underline">think</span> it will be aired on 3 May on CBS. Might want to check your listings :)

T

tharrtell

According to Heather's schedule, it will be aired on May 3 on CBS. Pleasant surprise - I thought that the spring open was it until next season.