Gailhaguet: Next Year, P/C will be OGM | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gailhaguet: Next Year, P/C will be OGM

Petitefleur

Spectator
I am sure that the scandal of 2002 was "the tree that hides the forest", and big federations more or less are courting judges and media , especially during the pre-olympic season.
Don't panic ! this tweet is more a belief/support/prediction than a nefarious threat... I am sure that , with good early-made programs, P/C are able to win the OG

maya1985

On the Ice
He would have done better to shut up but seriously stop being shocked. Do not charge to P/C the words of Didier ( I wonder if he really supports them because what with this kind of statement ...:scratch2:) It is partly thanks to him that P/C did not make Sochi
I doubt that P/C will go to Korea to just applaud V/M, S/S and others, yes they want to win. And it is not not unbelievable
If you want to talk about politics, it is true that we saw in Ostrava how much influence the French French federation had.:slink: (For a little they lost their title)

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
He would have done better to shut up but seriously stop being shocked. Do not charge to P/C the words of Didier ( I wonder if he really supports them because what with this kind of statement ...:scratch2:) It is partly thanks to him that P/C did not make Sochi
I doubt that P/C will go to Korea to just applaud V/M, S/S and others, yes they want to win. And it is not not unbelievable
If you want to talk about politics, it is true that we saw in Ostrava how much influence the French French federation had.:slink: (For a little they lost their title)

I think it was Candeloro who once said that "obviously we need to politic because otherwise we wouldn't win anything ever" as they are a small fed. That was a pretty blunt and honest answer lol.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well the sad thing is that if they do win, there will be doubt he had something to do with it... especially as right now, they are not the only top contenders.

olayolay

On the Ice
The French fed complained to the press and got C/L's SD score changed under shady circumstances. They aren't above playing dirty.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
i like the reply there :)

Lorraine Langager ‏@DuolangLangager 2h2 hours ago

@DGailhaguet Why? Are you going to make it happen? Let them win on their merits like everyone else. Don't ruin the sport that we love.

ditto, not only he's coming out (again) as a very arrogant person, very much convinced about his own opinions, but yeah, looking at his past history his tweet could be translated as a heavy politicking start regarding Gabriella and Guillaume...I would hate to see that happen, they are too modest, humble and hard-working people and exceptionally talented skaters to be lowered and flawed by such guy and his behaviour. But honestly - I think he won't be that stupid (again), but who knows...

It's funny because he almost ruined their career when they refused to leave Zazoui before Sochi (and consequently gave the 2nd French spot to Carron & Jones).

He's quite lucky that Gabby & Guillaume had enough money to continue training when he pulled their funding as punishment for not moving to Detroit like the other French teams.

in Poland, we have a proverb saying 'not to sh*t in your own nest' and Didier did that in a big way before Sochi. Thank God that Gabriella and Guillaume are mature people beyond their age and determined, passionate athletes about this sport. And now, almost in Olympic season, he's getting all sugary sweet and confident over his one real Olympic FS chance to medal. How convenient...

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Why put additional pressure? Ugh.
ikr!

again reminds me of these usual jinxing threads in our forum about 'skater x will win this comp':rofl:

ugh as a Lena/Anton uber this thread triggers me I better leave :scard7::mad::bed:

maya1985

On the Ice
well the sad thing is that if they do win, there will be doubt he had something to do with it... especially as right now, they are not the only top contenders.

I still think that V/M has the big support of the Canadian federation, S/S of the American federation, B/S of the Russian federation.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Why put additional pressure? Ugh.

Because he's power-crazy and cares little about them - that is, he cares about them only to get his own advantage from their success.
The moment he doesn't deem them useful to him, he'll drop them and probably badmouth them in the process.
I've seen this film before, his crazy talk was of no use to either Delobel/Schoenfelder (who lost to Tassels in Slo-Mo) or Péchalat/Bourzat (forced to a ill-handled coach change). I hope that things will pan out differently this time.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
The man is a joke. He should have been banned 15 years ago :bang:

This won't help P/C at all, on the contrary, I think they will feel more pressure than ever before.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The man is a joke. He should have been banned 15 years ago :bang:

This won't help P/C at all, on the contrary, I think they will feel more pressure than ever before.

yes, I feel there is very selfish and self-centred affection there going, focusing on Didier himself and federation, not on the skaters like it should be...They should have a huge support and be fully backed by fed, but not in such way.

I sometimes feel like French fed is doing more damage regarding pressure/focusing on right things for skater than actual competitions, rivals...

Last edited:

maya1985

On the Ice
I absolutely do not want to defend Gailhaguet but I do not think he's the only one in the world of skating to have things to blame

Concerning the pressure for P/C, they will be the only, in the favorites, never to have done the Olympic Games ... thank you to Gailhaguet for that!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I still think that V/M has the big support of the Canadian federation, S/S of the American federation, B/S of the Russian federation.

i don't think the Canadian federation does much ... were Salé and Pelletier, and Bourne and Kraatz favoured? Same with Sochi... ermm ermm...

When did a Canadian male win Olympic gold? yeah... there we are...

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
yes, I feel there is very selfish and self-centred affection there going, focusing on Didier himself and federation, not on the skaters like it should be...They should have a huge support and be fully backed by fed, but not in such way.

I sometimes feel like French fed is doing more damage regarding pressure/focusing on right things for skater than actual competitions, rivals...

I don't think he cares much about the skaters, remember Brian Joubert's situation? He had the biggest meldowns when the fed pressured him too much.
It's never good for the athletes, especially when they are medal contenders before their first Olympic Games.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
i don't think the Canadian federation does much ... were Salé and Pelletier, and Bourne and Kraatz favoured? Same with Sochi... ermm ermm...

yeah

maya1985

On the Ice

I don't think the french federation does much... You don't have any medal at Sotchi?

Last edited: