No season of FS is complete without... | Golden Skate

No season of FS is complete without...

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is supposed to be a light-hearted thread. :laugh: Don't take it too seriously... welcome if you guys contribute your comments. :thumbsup:

No season of figure skating is completed without...

1) Didier's ridiculous statements. :laugh:

2) British commentators declaring skater X or skater Y as "The greatest of all time" :unsure:

3) Discussion threads about the most beautiful/handsome skaters ;)

4) Complains about "artistry", the scoring and placements. :noshake:

5) Blade of Passion's whining about the judging system :devil:

6) CanadianSkaterGuy's lengthy posts against his buddy BoP. :laugh:

To be continue...

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh i would add tons of stuff but then I would get a bunch of fans on my back ;) so I will just pass....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
No season of figure skating is completed without "4everchan adding some new hottie to his harem" :devil:

that is true... :) now that Shoma is getting older, he is the next in line ;) tight white pants are convincing.

Meoima

Match Penalty
that is true... :) now that Shoma is getting older, he is the next in line ;) tight white pants are convincing.
No season of figure skating is completed without "comments about men in tight pants and their behinds" :roll5:

desertskates

Medalist
One long, huge, beaten to death wuzrobbed discussion. I think we'll have to wait until Worlds is in the books to determine what this year's wuzrobbed winner is :laugh:

Warwick360

Medalist
....No season of FS is completed without.....

.....Quad battle!!! I waited until the end only to see the guys do precisely that for the 4CC gala. Somewhat disappointed. :disagree:

On the bright side, thankfully 4CC isn't the end of the season.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

... snarking about skaters' costumes and all the creative ways to describe just what is off about them.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A new thread trashing Evgenia every time she wins another competition

200 more pages added to Yuzuru's fan thread (this might be a low estimate, I don't know)

Certain Debbie Downers needing to add their negative 2 cents every time a skater they don't like is mentioned

10 new threads of armchair psychoanalysis of the People's Princess, Gracie Gold

andromache

Record Breaker
A new thread trashing Evgenia every time she wins another competition

10 new threads of armchair psychoanalysis of the People's Princess, Gracie Gold

These are pretty unique to this season (and the past one, to a lesser extent).

Maybe...

- A new thread trashing [insert young lady winning everything here] every time she wins another competition.

- 10 new threads of armchair psychoanalysis of whichever tragic headcase is most tragic this season.

Traditions that have started this season that I hope can be carried on:

- Google Imaging Matteo Guarise

lappo

Final Flight
Russian drama! This has been a remarkably silent season on that front, I mean, the most relevant thing is Morozov and his new teen wife...I'm waiting to know more about S/K supposedly trying with other skaters, something must happen in mother Russia! Don't let me down! :laugh:

And, unfortunately, no season is complete if some people don't call some ladies "fat, overweight, whale ecc...". This is something that I could go without easily...:disagree:

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
These are pretty unique to this season (and the past one, to a lesser extent).

Maybe...

- A new thread trashing [insert young lady winning everything here] every time she wins another competition.

I dread the one for Mai Mihara ... :\

ioanna

Record Breaker
The spatial geometry of Satoko's jumps as well as who should be the #1 Japanese lady in her place.

janav

On the Ice
Proclaiming that skater XYZ will soon succumb to the 'puberty monster'.
Calling ladies who are no longer in their teens 'too old for skating'.
Whining that skating isn't what it used to be because a) tanos, b) quads, c) lyrics, d) current skaters aren't Yuna/Michelle (...)
And me, personaly, adding yet another pairs lady into my list of gurls I wanna hang out with. Current rosters: Diva Aliona (the original member), tsarina Ksenia and Empress Sui and the newest member, the skating hotness that is Vanessa James.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Proclaiming that skater XYZ will soon succumb to the 'puberty monster'.
Calling ladies who are no longer in their teens 'too old for skating'.
Whining that skating isn't what it used to be because a) tanos, b) quads, c) lyrics, d) current skaters aren't Yuna/Michelle (...)
And me, personaly, adding yet another pairs lady into my list of gurls I wanna hang out with. Current rosters: Diva Aliona (the original member), tsarina Ksenia and Empress Sui and the newest member, the skating hotness that is Vanessa James.
:rofl2:
No season of figure skating is completed without "complaints that program X or program Y is empty" :laugh:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Without

... a dicussion about D/R's PCS
... a new element for D/R
...a new talented Russian girl
...a 2014 Olympics women's Free skate thread
...Aljona aiming for Gold at next Olympics.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
200 more pages added to Yuzuru's fan thread (this might be a low estimate, I don't know)

Depends on posts per a page.

At 15 posts a page:

3648 pgs /5.4 approx years = 675.55556 or about 676 pages a year

Although if the pages are counted for this season starting last July 1st:

3648-2676 = 972 pages and the season isn't even over!

With the Worlds coming up and a third of a year to go until July 1st, 300 more pages would not be surprising.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
No season is [regrettably :gaah:] complete without.....

- calls to fundamentally overhaul the judging and scoring system [IJS now or 6.0 historically]

- a conspiracy theory or three

- a new way to body shame female skaters for not meeting some ideal or other

- calls for skaters facing [age, physical, mental health, motivation or money] challenges to just give up because whatever it means that 'they should just face up to the "fact" that they don't have what it takes to be an elite athlete'

- indiscriminate accusations of national bias

- posters reaching for the 'free speech' defence ;) when they are politely reminded of GS guidelines that we all subscribe to when we join