Velvet | Golden Skate

Velvet

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
I am starting this thread for all of us KS & S addicts who are watching or have watched Velvet. It is for all those who just love Velvet, as well. I love this show, too, but don't find it as heart wrenching. Sura was so innocent and pure, she in no way deserved all the heartache and loss she suffered. The characters in Velvet are much more complex, even Ana, and not as innocent. Maybe they weren't sheltered from the ugly of life the way Sura had been, maybe they are more like real people and less like fairy tale lovers.

LeW

Spectator
Awesome! I finished all the current seasons ... so I'll just wait until you're finished. I don't want to give anything away!

QUOTE=dawnsearlylight65;1650697]I am starting this thread for all of us KS & S addicts who are watching or have watched Velvet. It is for all those who just love Velvet, as well. I love this show, too, but don't find it as heart wrenching. Sura was so innocent and pure, she in no way deserved all the heartache and loss she suffered. The characters in Velvet are much more complex, even Ana, and not as innocent. Maybe they weren't sheltered from the ugly of life the way Sura had been, maybe they are more like real people and less like fairy tale lovers.[/QUOTE]

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
I feel the most sorry for Christina, she is being used by Alberto. It was wrong of her father to make their marriage a condition of the investment; it was wrong of Ana to tell Alberto to marry Christina and then not let him go; it was wrong of Alberto to pursue the relationship with Ana while engaged to Christina. Poor Christina, I hope she ends up with Raoul in the end, they are better suited for each other.

LeW

Spectator
actually Raoul is gay...

I feel the most sorry for Christina, she is being used by Alberto. It was wrong of her father to make their marriage a condition of the investment; it was wrong of Ana to tell Alberto to marry Christina and then not let him go; it was wrong of Alberto to pursue the relationship with Ana while engaged to Christina. Poor Christina, I hope she ends up with Raoul in the end, they are better suited for each other.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Ana is driving me crazy! She tells Alberto to marry Cristina, but doesn't expect them to share any affection, then jilts him at the altar. She has got to make up her mind what she wants him to do and live with the consequences.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Ana is driving me crazy! She tells Alberto to marry Cristina, but doesn't expect them to share any affection, then jilts him at the altar. She has got to make up her mind what she wants him to do and live with the consequences.

exactly, what did she expect? That Christina wasn't going to expect anything out of the relationship? But then Ana wants to see the love of her life be successful too, even if it means sacrificing BIG, lol! For example, I love my husband so much, it would pain me a lot to see him fail. Alberto is a man that knows what he wants! He only wants to please Ana! Everything that he does, he does it with Ana in mind. He never gave up for the longest time. Actually, I have to re-watch season 3 to remember the ending in detail. Netflix is taking a long time to add season 4, so long that I had to move on to other shows like KS &S, LOL! By the way, how do you guys like Ana's hair vs. Christina's? I read that the actors in the show got to pick their own hairstyles and clothing....

http://lookandfashion-static.hola.com/modaenserie/files/2014/03/Velvet-1x06-Alberto-y-Cristina.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/piktochart...9c970c440526a3904ef3a9655c0a6f4b_original.jpg

Last edited:

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
exactly, what did she expect? That Christina wasn't going to expect anything out of the relationship? But then Ana wants to see the love of her life be successful too, even if it means sacrificing BIG, lol! For example, I love my husband so much, it would pain me a lot to see him fail. Alberto is a man that knows what he wants! He only wants to please Ana! Everything that he does, he does it with Ana in mind. He never gave up for the longest time. Actually, I have to re-watch season 3 to remember the ending in detail. Netflix is taking a long time to add season 4, so long that I had to move on to other shows like KS &S, LOL! By the way, how do you guys like Ana's hair vs. Christina's? I read that the actors in the show got to pick their own hairstyles and clothing....

http://lookandfashion-static.hola.com/modaenserie/files/2014/03/Velvet-1x06-Alberto-y-Cristina.jpg

This reminds me of the Story of Sarah and Abraham. Sarah tells Abraham to take her servant as a concubine so he can have an heir, then gets mad when the relationships get complicated. I cannot imagine how Velvet is going to end happily; right now, in the middle of season 1, Ana's heart is already broken, Alberto is torn between the two, or Cristina will be crushed. I am limiting myself to one episode a day, or nothing else will get done!

topaz emerald

Match Penalty

This reminds me of the Story of Sarah and Abraham. Sarah tells Abraham to take her servant as a concubine so he can have an heir, then gets mad when the relationships get complicated. I cannot imagine how Velvet is going to end happily; right now, in the middle of season 1, Ana's heart is already broken, Alberto is torn between the two, or Cristina will be crushed. I am limiting myself to one episode a day, or nothing else will get done!

LOL, keep watching! That Christina actor is really good dramatic actress! I actually think she's a better actor than the girl who plays Ana. Many times, I kept wanting Ana to look more enraged, but she falls short of my expectations, lol. But I don't know why, I still keep rooting for Ana and Alberto. Because like KS &S, I keep going back to the beginning of their love story :)

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
I think Ana and Alberto didn't really think about Cristina as a person with feelings when Ana persuaded him to get engaged. They saw the engagement as a means to an end; a noble end in their eyes, worthy of temporary suffering. As Alberto and Cristina act more like an engaged couple, Cristina became more of a person, loving and innocent. Alberto feels less and less comfortable faking the part of a loving fiancé, he knows one woman will be crushed in the end. That is my thoughts on the situation as it is right now, with the dress just about finished, Ana and Alberto believing they have lost each other, and the soon-to-be father-in-law on the board. This plot reminds me of the poem:
"Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise (sic) to deceive!" by Sir Walter Scott.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
LOL, keep watching! That Christina actor is really good dramatic actress! I actually think she's a better actor than the girl who plays Ana. Many times, I kept wanting Ana to look more enraged, but she falls short of my expectations, lol. But I don't know why, I still keep rooting for Ana and Alberto. Because like KS &S, I keep going back to the beginning of their love story :)

I think Ana didn't act more enraged because she knew she had to keep her feelings secret, she also knew she was to blame for Alberta being engaged to Cristina. Cristina has no reason to hide her feelings, she is engaged to the man of her dreams. Ana, on the other hand, must pretend that there is nothing wrong, especially around Cristina. Ana can't even let on that she is sad, how would she explain it to her? I think the one person who is really to blame for all the heartache is Cristina's father, he didn't even ask if Alberto loved his daughter, loved someone else, or wanted to marry her. What a pompous fool to think that he could ensure his daughter's happiness by backing Alberto into a corner? Then he is enraged when he founds out about another woman.

LoveShura

On the Ice
Ok I'm getting that same feeling again from KS&S. please tell me this isn't the same thing or I'm stopping . I think I just finished episode 10. Please be honest with me!! This is a lot of wasted time and emotion!!

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Ok I'm getting that same feeling again from KS&S. please tell me this isn't the same thing or I'm stopping . I think I just finished episode 10. Please be honest with me!! This is a lot of wasted time and emotion!!

LoveShura, keep watching, hahaha! It wasn't that bad for me because we get more loving moments from them. Season 2 ends well, so don't cheat, lol! I was sort of following a Velvet spoilers thread a while back but I wasn't consistent in checking with it. i think in season 4, we may get a happy ending, cross my fingers. I want to say more, but I want you to keep watching. I don't think it will be as heartbreaking as KS&S. Don't worry, it gets better!

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice

I will not be as heartbroken if Ana and Alberto don't end up together as I was over Seyit and Sura because Ana pushed Alberto into Cristina's arms to save the store, so she knew she could lose him. Sura was so innocent and naive, she didn't know that when Seyit said they would be together forever that his father would most likely not approve. I am more sorry for Cristina, she is the one being lied to, the one who is innocent.

LoveShura

On the Ice
I will not be as heartbroken if Ana and Alberto don't end up together as I was over Seyit and Sura because Ana pushed Alberto into Cristina's arms to save the store, so she knew she could lose him. Sura was so innocent and naive, she didn't know that when Seyit said they would be together forever that his father would most likely not approve. I am more sorry for Cristina, she is the one being lied to, the one who is innocent.

Plus I looked online and Ana in real life looks like she has a cute husband! But these shows with so many episodes really Get you so involved. Not like two hour movies!

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Christina showed her true colors in the last episode of season 1 and I no longer feel sorry for her. She was such as prima dona when Ana needed to leave and she ordered her to stay. Then I thought about all the times she did exactly what she wanted even when Alberto objected. She is such a spoiled brat in the end; not perfect at all. She steamrolls everyone and didn't even stand by Raoul.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Christina showed her true colors in the last episode of season 1 and I no longer feel sorry for her. She was such as prima dona when Ana needed to leave and she ordered her to stay. Then I thought about all the times she did exactly what she wanted even when Alberto objected. She is such a spoiled brat in the end; not perfect at all. She steamrolls everyone and didn't even stand by Raoul.

Yes, I felt sorry for her at first, but that girl has flaws, lol...keep watching.

dawnsearlylight65

On the Ice
Anybody else notice how Alberto looked miserable at his wedding, but very happy after his honeymoon? I am so glad Ana has someone new in his life, at least for now.