Skaters Singing (Own Program) | Golden Skate

Skaters Singing (Own Program)

Skate2Music

Rinkside
Has their been any programs where the music was composed/sung by
the skater? What is your opinion around this?

mrrice

Record Breaker
It would depend on how well they can sing. Tonya Harding and Eman Sandhu both tried singing and they were not successful. However, I could definitely see Yuna Kim skating to a song of her own. She has a surprisingly good voice. In fact, I always thought she'd pursue a music career after she retired from skating. She's gorgeous, and with her obvious talent, I think she would be quite successful. I danced to "I'll Write A Song You" By Earth Wind & Fire. I was a backup vocalist on that song and my students danced to "Love of a lifetime" My Chocolate Smurf video.

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a video Tonya trying to sing. It's Horrible......Thankfully, it's only about 45 seconds long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhi978R5PdU

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would depend on how well they can sing. Tonya Harding and Eman Sandhu both tried singing and they were not successful. However, I could definitely see Yuna Kim skating to a song of her own. She has a surprisingly good voice. In fact, I always thought she'd pursue a music career after she retired from skating. She's gorgeous, and I think with her obvious beauty, I think she would be quite successful. I danced to "I'll Write A Song You" By Earth Wind & Fire. I was backup vocalist on that song and my students danced to "Love of a lifetime" My Chocolate Smurf video.

Oh dear! As I recall, his singing is not too great! :dumb:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
It would depend on how well they can sing. Tonya Harding and Eman Sandhu both tried singing and they were not successful. However, I could definitely see Yuna Kim skating to a song of her own. She has a surprisingly good voice. In fact, I always thought she'd pursue a music career after she retired from skating. She's gorgeous, and with her obvious talent, I think she would be quite successful. I danced to "I'll Write A Song You" By Earth Wind & Fire. I was backup vocalist on that song and my students danced to "Love of a lifetime" My Chocolate Smurf video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67m_zLGhFMQ
This is Yuna and Lee Seung Gi (a famous Korean ballad singer)'s collaboration for the 2010 World Cup, called Smile Boy. Yeah, she has a really nice voice. Many Koreans can carry a tune, actually. :biggrin:

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
There seems to be an example from the current season....

Camille Ruest / Andrew Wolfe are one of the younger and recently formed Canadian senior pairs teams.

There was a local video feature done in French [which I posted the link to previously but now can't find ...sigh] just before they got their first GP assignment to Rostelecom Cup.

And it showed Drew [?!] singing the beatles cover for their short program...thought that I saw somewhere that he has a degree in vocal performance....

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know Tim Dolensky is an accomplished pianist, and I believe he has composed music for his programs.

It would depend on how well they can sing. Tonya Harding and Eman Sandhu both tried singing and they were not successful. However, I could definitely see Yuna Kim skating to a song of her own. She has a surprisingly good voice. In fact, I always thought she'd pursue a music career after she retired from skating. She's gorgeous, and with her obvious talent, I think she would be quite successful. I danced to "I'll Write A Song You" By Earth Wind & Fire. I was backup vocalist on that song and my students danced to "Love of a lifetime" My Chocolate Smurf video.

Mrrice :love: I adore that tune, but of course, I adore Philip Bailey. :love: The way that it builds, it would make a great SP, except it would get chopped up.:noshake:

narcissa

Record Breaker
didn't Katarina Witt skate to a song that had her voice (although just humming) in '94

mrrice

Record Breaker
I know Tim Dolensky is an accomplished pianist, and I believe he has composed music for his programs.

Mrrice :love: I adore that tune, but of course, I adore Philip Bailey. :love: The way that it builds, it would make a great SP, except it would get chopped up.:noshake:

I am always happy to hear that people remember that song. It was not as popular as some of their others but, I really loved it and still listen to it from time to time. Do you remember the song "That's The Way Of The World?" I used to love singing "Yow, Yeh e Yeah" and "Plant Your Flower and you'll Grooooooow a Pearl"

That's the way of the world:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vIIZydXDqg