0 0%
  • Other

31 28.97%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worst Falls

On the Ice
    Walking Down the aisle with Sasha arm in arm

Worst Falls

There have been many bad falls over the years, but which one was the worst?

Down With It
    I haven't seen any of the others, but Kostner's fall on her back in the 04 world's LP was pretty bad. It really looked like it hurt. And then she got right back up afterwards!

On the Ice
    I have to say that I made a mistake I meant to put Rena Inoue 04 Nationals Fall :D So don`t vote for94 Nationals but for 04 Nationals

Medalist
    I voted for Mandy Woetzal at the '94 Lillehammar games. I remember watching them on tv and actually screaming when I seen it happen.

It;s got to be Obertas and Palamarchuk - they had to stop the performance and get him to hospital!!!

k,

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I remember Nancy Kerrigan taking one at Nationals in either 90 or 91 that belonged in the Advil commercials that were running about that time -- the ones where they had the slo-mo black and white shots of people landing on the concrete and bouncing two or three times after falling off a ladder and the like.

The worst falling sequence I ever saw, not from the standpoint of pure OUCH but from the standpoint of I Can't Believe She Actually Completed This Program Instead Of Running Off The Ice in Pure Emberassment was Evelyn Grossmann at the Euros in 89. She falls on a jump, gets up, tries to skate away before she's all the way up, trips, falls on her face, slides a bit, gets up, strokes a couple of times, trips again..... I don't know what the rest of the program was like; that was the only part of it ABC showed..... :\

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateri
    It;s got to be Obertas and Palamarchuk - they had to stop the performance and get him to hospital!!!

k,
    I completely agree. If you can still get up and skate, you're most likely not injured that badly. You may be sore, but I'm going to say that anything that requires you to be helped off the ice is bad.

Rogue Leader
    I voted for O&P. Just nasty. W&S a close second. Another scary one was Hough and Ladret. I can't remember the year, but it was Canadian Nationals. She hit him with her elbow in the twist, and he pitched forward, causing them both to fall. Her head literally bounced on the ice. He had to carry her off. They were able to finish the program though. She really earned that nickname of '"Tuffy".

I voted for NNN because it's the only one I know for sure I saw. I was just beginning to get into skating when Hough/Ladret's fall happened, I remember it very vaguely.

I just remembered the fall the Hartsell's took a couple years ago...Steve hit his head badly....it was heartbreaking!

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Have you all forgotten Yagudin at the Goodwill Games in 2002? The boy's head went into the boards!

But the best part was the look on TT's face. She didn't look concerned, she looked seriously p*ssed off! I later found out, from Dee, that she'd warned him not to jump so close to the boards...

I voted for other........Lloyd and Isabelle were skating in a pro competition right after the 94 Oly's, when Lloyd lifted Isabelle up one handed. While she was going up, he caught his edge, fell, and she landed on top of him......they actually got up and kept skating. She fell from an incredible height at the top of the lift........42

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    BTW -- who's Caro, as in "Caro 04 Worlds LP"? Is that a typo or an abbreviation or a skater I have completely dimmed out on???

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    BTW -- who's Caro, as in "Caro 04 Worlds LP"? Is that a typo or an abbreviation or a skater I have completely dimmed out on???
    Must be Carolina Kostner.

On the Ice
    What other Caro would it be?

Rogue Leader
    Jayson Denommee had a nasty one at Cnds once. He had food poisoning, and kept falling all over the place. He fell on one jump and actually banged his head on the ice.

Not technically a fall, but Christopher Bowman when he caught his blade between the boards (I can't remember the competition). That looked painful.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast