Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Rena Inoue 94 Nationals LP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters

R.D.

Record Breaker
I haven't seen any of the others, but Kostner's fall on her back in the 04 world's LP was pretty bad. It really looked like it hurt. And then she got right back up afterwards!

sashasbeau

Rinkside
I have to say that I made a mistake I meant to put Rena Inoue 04 Nationals Fall :D So don`t vote for94 Nationals but for 04 Nationals

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
I voted for Mandy Woetzal at the '94 Lillehammar games. I remember watching them on tv and actually screaming when I seen it happen.

Kateri

On the Ice
It;s got to be Obertas and Palamarchuk - they had to stop the performance and get him to hospital!!!

k,

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I remember Nancy Kerrigan taking one at Nationals in either 90 or 91 that belonged in the Advil commercials that were running about that time -- the ones where they had the slo-mo black and white shots of people landing on the concrete and bouncing two or three times after falling off a ladder and the like.

The worst falling sequence I ever saw, not from the standpoint of pure OUCH but from the standpoint of I Can't Believe She Actually Completed This Program Instead Of Running Off The Ice in Pure Emberassment was Evelyn Grossmann at the Euros in 89. She falls on a jump, gets up, tries to skate away before she's all the way up, trips, falls on her face, slides a bit, gets up, strokes a couple of times, trips again..... I don't know what the rest of the program was like; that was the only part of it ABC showed..... :\

mpal2

Final Flight
Kateri said:
It;s got to be Obertas and Palamarchuk - they had to stop the performance and get him to hospital!!!

k,

I completely agree. If you can still get up and skate, you're most likely not injured that badly. You may be sore, but I'm going to say that anything that requires you to be helped off the ice is bad.

Antilles

Medalist
I voted for O&P. Just nasty. W&S a close second. Another scary one was Hough and Ladret. I can't remember the year, but it was Canadian Nationals. She hit him with her elbow in the twist, and he pitched forward, causing them both to fall. Her head literally bounced on the ice. He had to carry her off. They were able to finish the program though. She really earned that nickname of '"Tuffy".

I voted for NNN because it's the only one I know for sure I saw. I was just beginning to get into skating when Hough/Ladret's fall happened, I remember it very vaguely.

I just remembered the fall the Hartsell's took a couple years ago...Steve hit his head badly....it was heartbreaking!

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Have you all forgotten Yagudin at the Goodwill Games in 2002? The boy's head went into the boards!

But the best part was the look on TT's face. She didn't look concerned, she looked seriously p*ssed off! I later found out, from Dee, that she'd warned him not to jump so close to the boards...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I voted for other........Lloyd and Isabelle were skating in a pro competition right after the 94 Oly's, when Lloyd lifted Isabelle up one handed. While she was going up, he caught his edge, fell, and she landed on top of him......they actually got up and kept skating. She fell from an incredible height at the top of the lift........42

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
BTW -- who's Caro, as in "Caro 04 Worlds LP"? Is that a typo or an abbreviation or a skater I have completely dimmed out on??? :confused:

tdnuva

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
BTW -- who's Caro, as in "Caro 04 Worlds LP"? Is that a typo or an abbreviation or a skater I have completely dimmed out on??? :confused:

Must be Carolina Kostner.

Antilles

Medalist
Jayson Denommee had a nasty one at Cnds once. He had food poisoning, and kept falling all over the place. He fell on one jump and actually banged his head on the ice.

Not technically a fall, but Christopher Bowman when he caught his blade between the boards (I can't remember the competition). That looked painful.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I remember when Chris ran into the boards in Oakland at 92 Worlds. I was there.

icenut84

Final Flight
I voted for Wotzel & Steuer in the 94 Olympics LP. For those who didn't see it, basically they were skating forwards, Mandy in front, and went into spirals with Ingo holding her hands behind her. She tripped over her toe almost instantly, couldn't break her fall with her hands as Ingo was holding them, and landed hard on her chest and chin. They had to stop the programme and he had to carry her off, and they withdrew.

Another particularly bad fall I saw was by Stefan Lindemann, in some competition in I think the 00-01 season (I'm guessing that, because Plushenko was the next skater and was IIRC wearing his LP costume from that year) - it might have been a GP event or another smaller competition. Lindemann was skating his LP, and went for a triple axel and landed it all wrong - it appeared like his leg, ankle and foot all went in different directions. I don't know if he broke it, but it certainly looked like he did. He immediately collapsed on the ice, and grabbed his leg and was rolling from side to side in agony - the look on his face said it all. Eventually some people in shoes came onto the ice with a stretcher and took him off. That's probably the most pain I've ever seen a skater in after a fall. :(

Others that haven't been mentioned yet are Elena Berezhnaya in 01 Euros SP, on the throw. She tripped over forwards as soon as her blade touched the ice, landed on her stomach, and slid backwards and crashed into the boards. Ow! To her credit, she managed to get up and finish the programme, but it did look very painful, and probably knocked the wind out of her...

sashasbeau

Rinkside
Speaking of Worst Falls, yesterday I had my worst fall.
I was going into My Lutz combo when suddenly I tripped. Lets just say I redefined the word headbanger :p

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
I voted "other" with Christine Hough in mind..... Canadians in Saskatoon (I believe in 1993). Worst thing I've ever seen and heard in my life.

Kasey

Medalist
I'm thinking Weir's second fall in his 2003 National's LP....although Yagudin smacking his head on the wall at the 2001 GWG is up there too! Oh yeah, and where's Midori Ito jumping into the camera pit? What year was that again??

Kasey