SPOILER: Men's 3M Synchro Diving | Golden Skate

SPOILER: Men's 3M Synchro Diving

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
The Greek men -- Nikolaos Sironidas and Thomas Bimis -- won Gold by a little over three points!

The German men beat the Australians by .42 for the silver.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the Greeks!!! This was so exciting for them.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I just read on Eurosport.com that the favorites from China did not execute their final dive properly and were given no points for it.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
hockeyfan228 said:
I just read on Eurosport.com that the favorites from China did not execute their final dive properly and were given no points for it.

I wish skating judges would score like that. Be that HARSH.

One of the Chinese Pair Divers actually opened up before he hit the water. Marked down! Sikhilarize was not marked down when he fell out of his footwork. Had he been there would not have been a known scandal.

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
One of the Chinese divers looked down in the middle of a twist and did not make the entry required for the dive. As a result, the Chinese team received no points for the dive. It looked like Dmitri Sautin hit his toes on the board and mashed his entry, but it was the correct entry for the dive, however badly executed, and he (individual) and they (synchronicity) received low scores as a result. (I'm so bummed. Sautin is one of my favorites, even if at this point in his career, he's being held together by duct tape. But at least he made the mistake himself, and there was no finger-pointing by anyone at a younger, less experienced partner.)

There are no deductions for the LP under OBO. There's no way of telling for what or how much any skater or team received for credit for any elements under OBO, because 1) each score is aggregated and 2) the scores are relative.

astarz41

Rinkside
I'm realy upset about Sautin's mistake too. The two top teams ending up the two last teams is just weird... Sautin and Dobroskok won Worlds on this event in 2003, so really it was just a freak mistake. Same for the Chineese.

But at least he made the mistake himself, and there was no finger-pointing by anyone at a younger, less experienced partner.)
Actually I was watching Alexander and he was diving very well. Dobroskok is the 2003 3m springboard champion (first time he beat Sautin) so he pretty much just arrived now as a top diver. At this point I'd say he is as good as Sautin. Of course, he still needs to prove that he can stay at the top for as many years though.

One of the Chinese Pair Divers actually opened up before he hit the water. Marked down! Sikhilarize was not marked down when he fell out of his footwork. Had he been there would not have been a known scandal.

The Chineese guy entered the water on his neck with his arms totally out of place, so that is counted as a failed dive-no score. Sautin alo crashed but he still went into the water hands first so the dive was scored. Anton Sikharulidze fell out of footwork...what event are you talking about??

Last edited: