Josh Groban | Golden Skate

Josh Groban

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night I had the great privilege of seeing Josh Groban in concert. What a remarkable talent, wonder and amazement. About a month, I heard that he was coming to Omaha and I wanted to go but tickets went pretty fast and I didn’t really want to sit in the nosebleed area. I went to ebay and found someone who was selling tickets with a starting bid of $5. It almost sounded to good to be true. I bid and lost, bid and lost, and finally I hit the jackpot. I got two tickets for $29.00. Thinking this was too good to be true and hoping it was true (Wondering if it was some kind of rip off). I was listening to the radio and they had a contest going on if you were the 9th caller, you could win 2 tickets and a CD of Josh. Guess who was the 9th caller? With those 2 extra tickets, I was able to give them to my brother and a friend. The article below says very well what the experience was like.

Josh Groban In Omaha

I encourage anyone who gets a chance to go to his concert. You will be amazed at this gifted talent. I am so happy I got to go.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Josh and Clay are my two top male vocalists and neither one is coming to Alaska... it's so depressing...

but congrats on getting to go. At least I can relive it that way.... ;)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Last night I had the great privilege of seeing Josh Groban in concert. What a remarkable talent, wonder and amazement. About a month, I heard that he was coming to Omaha and I wanted to go but tickets went pretty fast and I didn’t really want to sit in the nosebleed area. I went to ebay and found someone who was selling tickets with a starting bid of $5. It almost sounded to good to be true. I bid and lost, bid and lost, and finally I hit the jackpot. I got two tickets for $29.00. Thinking this was too good to be true and hoping it was true (Wondering if it was some kind of rip off). I was listening to the radio and they had a contest going on if you were the 9th caller, you could win 2 tickets and a CD of Josh. Guess who was the 9th caller? With those 2 extra tickets, I was able to give them to my brother and a friend. The article below says very well what the experience was like.

Josh Groban In Omaha

I encourage anyone who gets a chance to go to his concert. You will be amazed at this gifted talent. I am so happy I got to go.

Dee:

Josh is going to be here in Vancouver, BC in Sept. I wanted to go and take my mom, but figured the tickets would be too expensive and it's a long way to go into Vancouver. I knew it would be a great concert.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Josh is going to be here in Vancouver, BC in Sept. I wanted to go and take my mom, but figured the tickets would be too expensive and it's a long way to go into Vancouver. I knew it would be a great concert.
Lad, it is worth the trip. He is just so remarkable!!! The opener for the show is William Joseph an outstanding pianist; the other person in the concert is Lucia Micarelli, an outstanding violinist. I really don't know if many people know who Josh is but what I think is so wonderful about him is he is 23 years old and brings a whole new genre of music. Another article in the Omaha paper called his music Popera. Pop and Opera combined.

If you don't know but would like a taste of his music click on the site below and find his name on the left side. The two songs featured are: When it Rains (my favorite) and You Lift Me Up.

Josh Groban In Concert

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Josh's Fans are the Best!!

I just wanted to let you know that a group of Josh's fans are going to visit the 102 year old fan. They are working real hard to at least have Josh phone the lady. What a group of special people.

Dee

anya_angie

Final Flight
Groban, Horner, and Troy

James Horner chose Josh to sing the song featured in the end credits of Troy called Remember. It's an incredible song featuring Josh and the woman Tanja something (can't spell her last name for the life of me). It's unfortunate that the song is there though because some stupid idiots will buy the cd just for his song and not for the score. I love Groban and I love Horner and together they're wonderful, it's just sad that they used this as a marketing machine.

Does anyone know who did the lyrics for the song? I can't seem to see on the booklet. Is it Will Jennings like usual? He certainly has not lost his touch if he did.

Like everyone else in the film score community, I believe Yared's original score to be superior, but had Horner been given more than six weeks to compose something for a 2 and a half hour movie, his would have been extraordinary. Just wish he would get another motif for suspense than that stupid overly used four-note one.

But I digress. Josh is a fabulous singer, and I'd go see him in a heartbeat.

anya_angie

Final Flight
LOLOLOLOL Dee, I was under the impression that the song was called You RAISE Me Up, considering the word Lift is not in the refrain.

LOL just teasing you.