COI vs. SOI | Page 2 | Golden Skate

COI vs. SOI

A

AY2006

Re: COI vs SOI

I like COI better. I could probably do without the acrobat guys and the hoop lady. (No offense to them, but it was fun to see them only the first time around.) And I wish some skaters did two programs. I go there largely because that's the only chance to see many of the top skaters live.

I attended SOI for the first time last year, only because I had not seen Kurt Browning live. But I probably wouldn't go there again unless MK decides to join. My basic problem is with the cheesy group routines. The side-by-side death spirals was fun. But other than that, those routines didn't feature many interesting skating moves.

Overall, I want to see some unique and innovative skating moves in exhibitions. I'm afraid they are in short supply on both tours.

E

engrsktr

Re: COI vs SOI

I think it's time for SOI to refresh it's image... interesting that Joesitz brings up John Curry... the best line of ANY SKATER EVER... male or female....
I wonder if SOI would benefit from taking John's idea to heart... or perhaps those in control of SOI could create a spinoff....... I think they could make it work....

D

dlksk8fan

Re: COI vs SOI and John Curry

John Curry wanted a completely "artistic" skating company unlike the current ice shows such as Ice Capades. He worked with ballet and modern dance choregoraphers. His shows were more like ice theatre then ice shows.