Instagram problem-anyone has any idea? | Golden Skate

Instagram problem-anyone has any idea?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I have kept my Instagram account for a year and half, but for the last several months I haven't been very active, I have only been peeking in for skater updates etc., and seldom posting myself. Then today I just realized by chance I "follow" nearly 3000 accounts :eeking::eek::eeking: I swear I was only following 150 or so, I have no idea how this got around to happen. I started removing those excesses but I quickly realized it would take hours to get rid of them all, then to make the matter worse, the number on my profile goes down only by 10 or so for every 100 (approx.) I remove. (it showed initially 2990, I removed at least 200 and the profile still shows that I still have 2860!!! :tantrum::gaah::tantrum:
What kind of spam/bug/malfunction is this??? Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to keep it from worsening?
I have been using Gramblr to upload photos from PC, has it got something to do with it? Any input will be appreciated...

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Is your IG app version updated? If it is updated, I would suggest you to install ir again. I do not know what Gramblr is

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Is your IG app version updated? If it is updated, I would suggest you to install ir again. I do not know what Gramblr is

This app allows you to upload images through PC. I have no smartphone, so this app can help me with it, if I'll decide to upload something.

I have kept my Instagram account for a year and half, but for the last several months I haven't been very active, I have only been peeking in for skater updates etc., and seldom posting myself. Then today I just realized by chance I "follow" nearly 3000 accounts :eeking::eek::eeking: I swear I was only following 150 or so, I have no idea how this got around to happen. I started removing those excesses but I quickly realized it would take hours to get rid of them all, then to make the matter worse, the number on my profile goes down only by 10 or so for every 100 (approx.) I remove. (it showed initially 2990, I removed at least 200 and the profile still shows that I still have 2860!!! :tantrum::gaah::tantrum:
What kind of spam/bug/malfunction is this??? Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to keep it from worsening?
I have been using Gramblr to upload photos from PC, has it got something to do with it? Any input will be appreciated...

What about your problem, I guess your account was hacked. You know, I saw on some freelance's boards ads with text kind of: "For 5 bucks you will get 1000-2000 subscribers on your IG profile". So I suppose they have some bot-scripts with around 2-4 accounts (including your for example) and they subscribe you to client's profiles or just for other stuff. It could explain much. To unfollow you can use the app with the same name on google.play, but you need a smartphone or emulator. But if you don't use often your profile I could advice to just create a new one and forget about current profile.

But when I came to this thread I thought I'm not only one who faced with problem of viewing photos. In Opera browser something started to go wrong and I can't see photos through profiles without reloading page. In the Microsoft Edge is all ok. What a pity...

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
@puremagic Thanx, in the end I did decide to delete my account and restarted new one, and I think I will limit the usage to mostly looking from now on. I have never been smartphone savvy and Instagram and its phone oriented structure has been increasingly getting on my nerves. That's the reason I resorted to using Gramblr, but I have seen something like "get free likes" while using it, and I did apply that on a few photos and that might have been the pitfall. :unsure:
I don't use Opera (only Firefox and Edge) so I can't help you, I hope someone sees this thread and can give you some advice...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
@puremagic Thanx, in the end I did decide to delete my account and restarted new one, and I think I will limit the usage to mostly looking from now on. I have never been smartphone savvy and Instagram and its phone oriented structure has been increasingly getting on my nerves. That's the reason I resorted to using Gramblr, but I have seen something like "get free likes" while using it, and I did apply that on a few photos and that might have been the pitfall. :unsure:
I don't use Opera (only Firefox and Edge) so I can't help you, I hope someone sees this thread and can give you some advice...

Good idea! :agree: And you know what? Today somehow in Opera all started to work well. Now I can see all photos in profiles without reloading pages. This is magic! :shocked: