Thread: Toller Cranston and Joni Mitchell

Custom Title

Toller Cranston and Joni Mitchell

I've started listening to Joni Mitchell recently. I bought a copy of her 1976 release 'Hejira'. I opened the CD to find a picture of a figure skater on the back of the book. I looked inside the book to see if there were any credits on the picture and saw this line: 'Special Thanks Toller Cranston & Barbara Berezowski Courtesy of The Ice Show'

I looked at the picture again and it does look like a young Toller. He is in the foreground and a woman in a bridal gown is in the background. I get excited when I find a figure skating reference in music and found this interesting and remembered that Joni is Canadian.

I'll try to scan a picture - haven't had much experience with it so it's all new to me!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt
    I've started listening to Joni Mitchell recently. I bought a copy of her 1976 release 'Hejira'. I opened the CD to find a picture of a figure skater on the back of the book. I looked inside the book to see if there were any credits on the picture and saw this line: 'Special Thanks Toller Cranston & Barbara Berezowski Courtesy of The Ice Show'

I looked at the picture again and it does look like a young Toller. He is in the foreground and a woman in a bridal gown is in the background. I get excited when I find a figure skating reference in music and found this interesting and remembered that Joni is Canadian.

I'll try to scan a picture - haven't had much experience with it so it's all new to
    me!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Yes, I have seen this CD for sale at one of our local super markets and was going to pick it up - I recognized Toller right away. I guess, I should have bought it. It was a rare find.

Custom Title
    In Toller's second book (When Hell Freezes Over) he has a section about the origin of the picture and how Joni and him remained in touch afterwards (and the interesting parties that took place at her home.) I havent read it in awhile so im I'm a little fuzzy on the details of it.
    Laura