Tim Goebel's Programs | Golden Skate

Tim Goebel's Programs

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Tim's bio on usfsa.org had the following:

For the 2004-2005 season,
SP: "Concerto Elegiaque for Piano in D minor" by Rachmaninov
LP: "Queen Symphony" by Tolga Kashif

He's keeping his long from last season - I wonder if Lori has tweaked it. I think the SP music is Rach's Concerto #3. It's not #2 - that's in C minor. I certainly hope if it is #3 that he is not using the part Michelle used. I'm sure all involved are smart enough NOT to use anything associated with Michelle. Anyhow, Rach is an intriguing choice for Tim and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Concerto Elegiaque for Piano in D minor (opus 9b) is an orchestration of Rachmaninoff's string trio in D minor (opus 9) by pianist Alan Kogosowski. It's a lovely piece.

Olderbear

Rinkside
Somehow I can't see Tim skating to Rach. With his artistic struggles I'm afraid he may come off as stiff and boring. I'd much rather see him in the "American in Paris" type music, but time will tell. Let's hope Lori & Frank know what they are doing.

Has anybody heard if he has regained all his jumps, and is the boot problem over? If he has, I would assume that he & Johnny Wier will be fighting it out in the Nationals. It could be a very interesting competition.....

S

SkateFan4Life

hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Tim's bio on usfsa.org had the following:

For the 2004-2005 season,
SP: "Concerto Elegiaque for Piano in D minor" by Rachmaninov
LP: "Queen Symphony" by Tolga Kashif

He's keeping his long from last season - I wonder if Lori has tweaked it. I think the SP music is Rach's Concerto #3. It's not #2 - that's in C minor. I certainly hope if it is #3 that he is not using the part Michelle used. I'm sure all involved are smart enough NOT to use anything associated with Michelle. Anyhow, Rach is an intriguing choice for Tim and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Thanks for sharing this with us. Those are wonderful musical selections; however, I truly wonder if Timothy has the artistic skills to pull off a really good Rachmaninov interpretation. He may be the "Quad King", but he's hardly an artist on the ice. His back is still rounded, his posture is not straight, and he still skates as though he doesn't feel the music and/or isn't moved by the music.
I certainly wish him well, of course.

IMHO, Goebel doesn't hold a candle to Johnny Weir, artistically speaking.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
If he's going to do "Queen Symphony" again, I hope he does it in a new costume; that thing he wore for it last year was absolutely hideous.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
If he's going to do "Queen Symphony" again, I hope he does it in a new costume; that thing he wore for it last year was absolutely hideous.
I think he wore a different costume for every event. Which were you poo-pooing?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have a feeling that maybe those music pieces might be a bit too ambitious for Tim? Why not some music that would actually get him going and would really support the performance, so to speak...

Marjaana

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
I think he wore a different costume for every event. Which were you poo-pooing?

I'm referring to the checkered grayish thing that looked like a pantsuit Katharine Hepburn would have worn in the 30s....... :D

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Urg. If he must use the Queen Symphony again, can he find another mix? That was so dull, it was nearly unrecognizable as Queen. And quite frankly, if you are going to skate to Queen, you should dress like Freddie. Purple sparkly plunging v-neck and shorts anyone? :p

A friend who knows claims Timmy's problems were lack of practice, not anything else. Who knows?

Laura :)

dr.frog

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
A friend who knows claims Timmy's problems were lack of practice, not anything else. Who knows?

There've been a lot of rumors going around about Timmy's problems being due to something other than his "anatomy" or his boots. Another version of the story I've heard is that his burn-out is purely mental. As you say, who knows? Clearly the USFSA is giving him the benefit of the doubt by sending him to their fall cheesefest and two Grand Prix assignments, but if he doesn't show up more physically and mentally prepared to compete than he did last year, I think he's going to be toast at Nationals. There are too many other guys who are all too eager to bump him off the world team again if he is anything less than fully committed to his training.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I doubt that...at Atlanta at practices, he was skating like a person in pain. Whatever you say about Tim, he has always been a hard worker. If his body wasn't working right, however, I doubt he put in the practice hours he normally would, so both 'didn't practice as much' and 'in pain' can be true at the same time.

I read an interview somewhere where he said that Lori had made some changes to 'Queen'. I didn't see that they had used different cuts or not though.

I do wish someone would put him in a different costume. I wonder who does his costumes? He has had bad ones both with Heiss and with Carroll.

Linny

Final Flight
Tim

Tim's costumes always seemed to me to be an attempt to hide his flaws.
Linny