Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Ticket sales

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fra View Post
    Ok that's strange: I bought the yellow one (841.5€+ 84.15€ presale fee) but I only payed 18€ as extra fee so I don't really understand 🤔
    Could it be some kind of money change? I mean I'm Italian and I'm paying using €: can this make any difference?
    I had initially suspected that they had changed the service fee and you just proved that they did. When the tickets first went up the fee was way lower. Then when I was ready to purchase a week later, I notice that the total price changed (by a lot). And no, the fee is in Euros. Everybody pays in Euros and once the payment goes through you will see how much you paid in your local currency (it shows up on your statement/bill). So in USD it's even more And my credit cards charge a fee to pay in a foreign currency I need new credit cards Oh well, no tickets for me.....yet.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Ticket prices seem a bit high... and are there any affordable hotel rooms left? Where do you plan to stay? Any suggestions?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Moan! The tickets are so pricey. I feel like they just want to cash in on those fans buying tickets after the Olympics.

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder how sales are going... Tickets do seem a bit expensive considering it will be a Post-Olympic WC.

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aynia View Post
    Ticket prices seem a bit high... and are there any affordable hotel rooms left? Where do you plan to stay? Any suggestions?
    There are plenty of affordable places to stay, as long as you're willing to travel (e.g. by metro) and aren't desperate to be in walking distance from the arena. The hotels in that immediate vicinity and the shopping center across the street are sold out (and anyway, those were all very expensive, even months before it was announced that the event would be held there, I checked those hotels and they were ridiculously overpriced!).

Just take a place anywhere easily reachable by metro. If you want tomake life easy for yourself, a place somewhere near a station on metro line M2, which goes directly from Centrale FS to the forum (the line ends there). For instance, I got a place in Navigli, a district south of the city center, within walking distance of PT Genova metro station. It's only 9 minutes between the metro stations.

Quote Originally Posted by sarama View Post
    I wonder how sales are going... Tickets do seem a bit expensive considering it will be a Post-Olympic WC.
    If you look at the seat map on the ticket website, that should give you an idea of how good the sales are going... not that great, then. Not all areas went on sale in the all-event ticket sales, (presumably they're being held back for single ticket sales), but take a look at, for instance, the short sides. There's like maybe 40 seats sold on either side. And that yellow area on the long side opposite the judges has barely been touched (and obviously the greyed out areas in all the corner areas haven't been on sale yet at all).

I'm guessing their hope is that the ticket sales will flourish with single ticket sales... otherwise it's going to be a rather empty audience.

<---- presumably a lot of people will also simply wait with buying tickets until after the Olympics to see if 'their favorite' has decided to retire after the Olympics or to continue and/or bother to show up at Worlds so soon after the Olympics. Only time will tell. For me personally, it makes no difference, because there's just No Way I'm going to pass on a World championship in Europe when the next one most definitely won't be before 2021 (and possibly not even then).

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post

<---- presumably a lot of people will also simply wait with buying tickets until after the Olympics to see if 'their favorite' has decided to retire after the Olympics or to continue and/or bother to show up at Worlds so soon after the Olympics. Only time will tell. For me personally, it makes no difference, because there's just No Way I'm going to pass on a World championship in Europe when the next one most definitely won't be before 2021 (and possibly not even then).
    Totally agree: 9 months before can be too early for people to make plans plus the uncertainity of the post Olympics retirements... I hope they're going to sell them later in the season 'cause an empty audience will be quite disrespectful toward the skaters. I don't hope at all that most of my favs are going to be there but no way I would miss this chance for a WC in Europe as long as the next WCs and GPFs 'till 2020 at least will be outside Europe and in the end I love so many skaters that it's kind of "mathematically" that at least some of them are going to compete

All'alba vincerò! Vincerò! Vincerò! Arriba627's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    This schedule has probably been out for awhile, but I just saw it today. I was looking for it earlier in hopes of figuring out how to "squeeze in" a little bit of sightseeing during the week. It becomes pretty difficult if you're trying to attend both the practices and the competitions. https://fyshomauno.tumblr.com/image/164967825325

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    I booked a flight and a room on airbnb in Milan but still wainting for single tickets. I am going to visit Fri&Sat and may be Sunday.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    Okay, so interesting things are happening. There are now all-event tickets available again.
    *But*, only for 9 events... i.e. the practices have disappeared. Instead, "in addition to being able to see the best skaters in action in the 9 events scheduled from March 21st to 25th 2018, the package offers another opportunity for the fashion addicts. Thanks to the partnership with Fidenza Village, in fact, those who will purchase the new Smart all Event packages will enjoy an exclusive shopping experience and premium services." which is a fashion mall thingan hour away from Milan, with transfer included in the price.

Hohum. I am just a tad annoyed now, because I actually am an Italian fashion fan of sorts (huge Save the Queen! fan), and this is actually something I might be interested in (although I cannot imagine there being much for sale there that I wouldn't be able to find in the fashion *capital* of Milan... ;-) )

AND, this is a big AND, all seats have changed categories! They've all been upgraded (I have proof, i.e. old screenshots). What was Gold is now Platinum, blue is now gold etc.
    The most expensive category available is now Platinum at 830 euros, but they are, in fact, what used to be Gold seats.

edited to fix a stupid mistake. ;-)

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!

Hohum. I am just a tad annoyed now, because I actually am an Italian fashion fan of sorts (huge Save the Queen! fan), and this is actually something I might be interested in (although I cannot imagine there being much for sale there that I wouldn't be able to find in the fashion *capital* of Milan... ;-) )
    I'm annoyed too! I'm not that interested in fashion but maybe this package was better for me (a little cheaper just sacrificing the practices which I can't fully attend anyway) and it's quite unfair that nobody told us that such a package would have been on sale! A total lack of correct and precise infos, as if they wanted to squeeze all the money they can!

AND, this is a big AND, all seats have changed categories! They've all been upgraded (I have proof, i.e. old screenshots). What was Gold is now Platinum, blue is now gold etc.
    The most expensive category available is now Platinum at 830 euros, but they are, in fact, what used to be Gold seats.
    True! I bought a gold ticket and now that area is a platinum one...
    And I don't get why when a new package goes on sale the old one disappears from the website: what if I wanted to buy the 15 events-ticket now? I don't like how things are being managed at all!

Btw you're right: I've never been to Fidenza but you can find tons of stores in the city centre, which are easier to visit during a sightseeing trip. For example you definitely have to visit "Vittorio Emanuele Gallery" which is on the left side of the Cathedral square and is full of stores of the most expensive brands (totally out of my reach actually, but it's nice to have a look) and there is also "La Rinascente", near the Cathedral too (you can have lunch at the restaurant on the top watching the Cathedral) which is a shopping mall you can find also in Rome and Florence and has got a lots of Italian fashion stores inside: these are just little tips but there's much more so don't worry about that

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    I emailed and asked about future ticket sales as well as if you still want to have practice tickets.
    I got a replay as follow,

"If you want the practice session you must attend the middle of october when will send the single events ( competition sessions and practice session)."

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfran View Post
    I emailed and asked about future ticket sales as well as if you still want to have practice tickets.
    I got a replay as follow,

"If you want the practice session you must attend the middle of october when will send the single events ( competition sessions and practice session)."
    Thank you! I'll wait, then

Tripping on the Podium viennaskater's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    I think it's outrageous that they are charging a 'handling fee' of Eur 63 per ticket. Why so high? I've decided not to go ... all in all, it's gonna be very expensive and I'm not desperate to see Milan, unlike Helsinki this year.

0 Not allowed!
    And they have yet again a new ticket package

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarama View Post
    I believe sales are going bad, these last two months I've been looking it and the number of available seats were always more or less the same. Maybe after OG...or not

Quote Originally Posted by russakowalena View Post
    I booked a flight and a room on airbnb in Milan but still wainting for single tickets. I am going to visit Fri&Sat and may be Sunday.
    I was waiting for single tickets too, but after I thought what that if the fees per ticket are the same, in every ticket? The only competition I was going to miss was the gala, because I needed to come back on Sunday. But I arranged it, and come back on Monday, so no problem with the gala now.

Quote Originally Posted by viennaskater View Post
    I think it's outrageous that they are charging a 'handling fee' of Eur 63 per ticket. Why so high? I've decided not to go ... all in all, it's gonna be very expensive and I'm not desperate to see Milan, unlike Helsinki this year.
    At the end, I bought a Smart Fashion All Event Package, but I think they changed again the handling fee, 42,7€ two tickets. And today appears a new all event package, Smart Milanontour All Event Package. It's more expensive than Smart Fashion All Event Package, but cheaper than Smart Gourmet All Event Package. Why don't they have an All Event Package without anything, only the tickets?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast