SPOILER: Women's All Around | Page 3 | Golden Skate

SPOILER: Women's All Around

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I either see Carly staying in gymnastics or pursuing something "normal"...like school and an eventual career in a chosen field. She just doesn't strike me as the type that would try to capitalize off of her Olympic Gold in any other way. She seems very normal...besides the fact that she is an Olympic caliber athlete that now is a Gold medalist...lol. I could be completely wrong...she'll probably become the next gymnastics "diva" by the time 2008 rolls around!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
In a recent blurb in the "Parade" magazine, Carly stated that she is considering a career in orthodontia. She said that everyone deserves the chance to have straight, white teeth. (No, I'm not making this up!) :D :)

Kateri

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
In a recent blurb in the "Parade" magazine, Carly stated that she is considering a career in orthodontia. She said that everyone deserves the chance to have straight, white teeth. (No, I'm not making this up!) :D :)

She met Beth Tweddle then!

*slaps self for being unable to resist snarky comments*

k.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Carly already has an agent...Yuki Saegusa of IMG. Same agent as Kristi Yamaguchi! :) Apparently she acquired her as an agent last year. Carly is already listed as a special guest for Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular! I'm not sure what she'll do though, but Brian does like to have different guests in his show!

That's very cool. Brian does like to incorporate other art forms into his skating shows. I wonder if he can come up with an innovative way to combine gymnastics with skating?

Mathman

soogar

Record Breaker
Brian did do a show a few years back that had both gymnastics and figure skating. I believe Nadia and Bart Connor did programs for it (in addition to a few other people). From my memory, there was a mat on the ice and for the transition , the skater would do a few moves with the gymnast (alongside the mat). There were also parallel bars on the ice etc. Gymnastics and figure skating is a concept that looks better on paper than executed in real life. However rhythmic gymnastics (there were a few with the show) looks pretty good with figure skating. "Artistic" (I don't know why they call them that) gymnasts are kind of klunky (not all but most) compared to figure skating.