Michelle's New Programs | Golden Skate

Michelle's New Programs

I'll settle for a rumor! I already rushed out and bought the Moulin Rouge soundtract on the basis of rumors at Worlds last year.

Mathman:)

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Tango de Roxanne for SP (from Moulin Rouge)
And according to a poster on the USFS board, she's using Broadway's "Lion King" for her LP. Its not the overly Disneyfied cartoon version, but cuts from the musical. How true all this is is anyone's guess.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, there is another one I will have to buy! I've heard the same reports about "TLK" soundtrack and I think that would be a wonderful choice for her. Now...I just have to go and find it!

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Joe: "Tango" is still a rumor but based on the ''accidental" appearance of the tape at Worlds last year, I think its real.

I like the idea of TLK. I'm still dying to see that show. Maybe my time off between jobs, in Sept., hmmmmm...a little trip to NYC....

Fossi

Final Flight
I read it was The Lion King too, but then I was "informed" that the poster saying this is a well known troll under a different name. Who knows though? It could be the real deal?

Yazmeen - TLK on Broadway is awesome but don't pay top dollar for the tickets. It's been around for two or more years now. Go on line and search for discount broadway tickets. As a last resort go to TKTS on 47th and Broadway for day of sale discounts.

I guess MK would be using the orchesta's overture to the show if at all she is using TLK. Oh, Michelle is so mysterious.

Joe

MidnightNess

Rinkside
Same here

Fossi, that's exactly what I heard too. Notice how this Brenda has yet to give us any reports, let alone post at that board since then. I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong and have her skating to this music but I have a pretty good feeling I know who it is based on their history of doing this sort of thing before. Just don't have the proof.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Yazmeen, I suggest that you go to other shows on Broadway. There are many shows that are better than Lion King.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Yazmeen said:
Tango de Roxanne for SP (from Moulin Rouge)
And according to a poster on the USFS board, she's using Broadway's "Lion King" for her LP. Its not the overly Disneyfied cartoon version, but cuts from the musical. How true all this is is anyone's guess.

If I can watch her, of all people, shimmying along to the likes of "Hakuna Matata," I can then die peacefully knowing that I have definitely seen everything. :rolleye:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
As a last resort go to TKTS on 47th and Broadway for day of sale discounts.
Has it finally made it to TKTS? When I left NYC one practicly had to mug some kid just to get a ticket.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
MidnightNess said:
Fossi, that's exactly what I heard too. Notice how this Brenda has yet to give us any reports, let alone post at that board since then. I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong and have her skating to this music but I have a pretty good feeling I know who it is based on their history of doing this sort of thing before. Just don't have the proof.

Well, not saying it's accurate, but the poster DID report back at least 3 times, with the final post saying she was going to be away for a family vacation and wouldn't get back to the rink until the end of August.

These sessions are elite, but not closed. I've gotten into many local MA rinks to watch "private" elite sessions. It's how I used to watch Ilia Kulik back when he skated in Marlborough, MA! (Those were the days).

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Skate Sandee said:
I've gotten into many local MA rinks to watch "private" elite sessions. It's how I used to watch Ilia Kulik back when he skated in Marlborough, MA! (Those were the days).

Oh yeah, those were the days as Ilia was still eligible skater... Could you perhaps share something about those Ilia Kulik practices, please?

BTW, have you had the possibility to visit the Newington rink, CT, where Ilia is now?

Marjaana

MidnightNess

Rinkside
SkateSandee, I'm just leery when it comes to Kwan rumors. There are people out there who take pride in starting some just to see a thread count. But if this Brenda turns out to be the real deal, I'd be in line to apologize for doubting her.

heyang

Record Breaker
Lion King would not be my 1st choice for a Broadway show. The staging is excellent, but I personally haven't particularly enjoyed any of the Disney Broadway productions (i.e. TLK, Aida - haven't seen Beauty & Beast.)

Right now, my 1st choice would be trying to see Avenue Q.

BTW, if you're looking for deals on Broadway, check out www.playbill.com They usually have info on same day rush tickets which are great if you're a student of any age and/or are willing to attempt to pretend to be a student (& risk looking foolish if you get turned away). My friend & I saw Aida for $25/ticket - 7th row seats. We both look young, but past college age. When she asked for student id, he said he forgot it. Since it was only 1/2 an hour to showtime, she let him buy the tickets anyway since the show was not sold out.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Judging by reading the reports, it SOUNDS believable...very believable as a matter of fact. I still don't see why someone would go out of their way like that to create such elaborate reports (and so many of them too!) just to cause trouble. I would think (obviously) false reports would be either more vague or more "outrageous" ("Kwan is practicing a 4sal/3toe!) That said, I can't say I believe this rumor (no proof), but also, as hard as it would be to prove it true at the moment, can anyone here also prove that it's false?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tango rumor

Actually the Tango rumor came from Nationals practice in Atlanta, not Worlds. It was a short program practice and the Tango music started. Michelle looked very confused and her coach just motioned her to continue. She then skated her The Feeling Begins program to the Tango music :confused: . It really seemed by the look on Michelle's face that she had given the music people the wrong short program tape (or cd).

Maureen