Men's swimwear | Golden Skate

Men's swimwear

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Since we're talking about ladies leotards I just wondered if anyone else notice how low cut the mens swimwear is? Any lower and things will start spilling out :eek: After Aaron Peirsol DQ swim the cameras had a good shot of the back side of him and I noticed that a little crack was showing. Too much for my old eyes! :laugh:

And another question. In beach volleyball, why do the men wear full tank tops and long shorts, while the ladies wear as little as possible?

MM

Yazmeen

On the Ice
The ladies wear those teeny bikinis because the league tells them to--because it builds an audience. Sex sells, I'm afraid, even in the Olympics.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
And another question. In beach volleyball, why do the men wear full tank tops and long shorts, while the ladies wear as little as possible?

MM

I would like to know the answer to that too. One of the U.S. ladies the other day was playing with a world class wedgie :eek: . Sand on the skin is so yucky, I can't imagine being coated in it like the BVB ladies are.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
HAVE I NOTICED HOW LOW CUT THE MEN'S SWIMWEAR IS??? I've only been screaming at Michael Phelps to pull up that Speedo for the last 4 days!! And it was the same way on the cover of Time magazine last week. There's a fine line between sexy and sleazy, Michael dear...... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mike doesn't seem to be the sleazy type IMO. He is very long bodied so that he could be showing a lot and still have as much covered as the other guys :D . OK, that is the argument I used with my mom in my younger days..."Because my legs are so long I can wear really short skirts and still have as much covered as my much shorter sister". It didn't work with her either :p ;) :D

tdnuva

On the Ice
Yazmeen said:
The ladies wear those teeny bikinis because the league tells them to--because it builds an audience. Sex sells, I'm afraid, even in the Olympics.

To make it even more clear - it's the rules. They are not asked to - they have to wear it. The "trousers" are checked that they are not broader than 4 centimeters on the side before each game.

And I hate that this is only for women. Very sexist rule imho. Either we all get some eyecatchers or let them wear comfortable clothing as they wish.

I think speedos look horrible on men. Much prefer boxers and too look sexy all they have to do is get wet. But I guess if one is racing speedos are the best. The ladies swim suits always look to me like those girls in high scool class in the swimming pool.

Joe

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I've only been screaming at Michael Phelps to pull up that Speedo for the last 4 days!!

I'm not a fan of these low riders either...but hey, look at the bright side, at least he shaves well! Just imagine the peek we'd get if he didn't! LOL! :D

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I don't mean to imply that Mr. Phelps IS sleazy, but that's kind of the look he's got going.... And then I saw a pic of Aaron Piersol (front view) after I posted my previous post and that was even worse!!! Personally, if the waist of my trunks was riding that low, I would be in a perpetual state of anxiety wondering when exactly the whole thing was going to come sliding off; I don't care HOW skin-tight those things are!!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It is amazing that nothing more has been exposed....the judges might really get an eyeful during the turns (and NOT an illegal kick) :eek:

sk8pics

Rinkside
Yazmeen said:

Yes, but I've noticed that the beach volleyball players from other countries (Japan, for example) seem to have suits that actually fit them. It's only the US players that seem to have suits one or two sizes too small. I think it looks very uncomfortable, and I've noticed them pulling out their wedgies, while the other players don't seem to have that problem. Of course, the whole US team uniform looks like it was designed for teenagers anyway. :rolleye:

Pat

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I keep wondering if Ian Thorpe wears the full body suit so he won't have to shave down.

My current favorite sports outfits are the ones for badminton. Shorts and a top with sleeves. Not too loose not too tight. The mixed doubles british pair looked especially good. Comfortable for both the wearer and the spectator.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I miss Speedos. I think they look amazing on a well-toned body.

But Thorpe can wear whatever the heck he wants, he will still look fabulous. :love:

Laura :)

lovespirals

Rinkside
PrincessLeppard said:
I miss Speedos. I think they look amazing on a well-toned body.

But Thorpe can wear whatever the heck he wants, he will still look fabulous. :love:

Laura :)

I liked looking at all the pelvage too myself. :)

Oceanguy

Rinkside
I'm sure there is some reason why some of the men's swimwear is as low as they are (Phelps, Peirsol). Maybe it has something to do less drag and the curves of the body or something........How low the suits are make for a less attractive backside of them I think.........makes their rears look flat when, like in the phone commercial Phelps does, his rear isn't that unflattering.....LOL
AB

LilyBerg

Rinkside
A.H.Black said:
I keep wondering if Ian Thorpe wears the full body suit so he won't have to shave down.

My current favorite sports outfits are the ones for badminton. Shorts and a top with sleeves. Not too loose not too tight. The mixed doubles british pair looked especially good. Comfortable for both the wearer and the spectator.

Actually he has to shave because the suit is so tight, you can guess the rest.